Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I can learn the Treo enough to rival any Palm employee. But I don't want to spend the time, it just comes down to that.

    Trust me, if in the future you have enough time to learn the device up to the level where you can rival any palm employee, you'll love it

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post

    I haven't sold the Treo 650 because I haven't found a good replacement yet, esatyawan. That's basically why I'm ranting here.

    Phil
    There you go! You have the "irreplaceble" smart device in the world in your own honest opinion, but still complaining it being SUCKS ?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Trust me, if in the future you have enough time to learn the device up to the level where you can rival any palm employee, you'll love it
    This is completely true Unfortunately, it doesn't take a lot of Treo knowledge to surpass the level where you can rival any Palm employee...

    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    There you go! You have the "irreplaceble" smart device in the world in your own honest opinion, but still complaining it being SUCKS ?
    I don't know how the Treo can "SUCK" when he's admitted he doesn't want to take the time to learn how to use it...
  3.    #43  
    Hi All,

    Okay, okay, okay, jeez give a guy a break . I got a day off
    today and must have walked almost 10 miles. I stopped in for a mocha and
    a chair and what am I doing, talking to you all. Don't think I am not
    enjoying this post. A big shout out to Christinac for indirectly showing me how to multi-quote with this forum. Now, if I may, a few responses,...



    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Quote:
    I am a marine engineer and have more knowledge about Windows OS'es and
    PC maintenance then 90% of the people in my life.


    OK my bad, you are not claiming to be clever, just commenting on the lack
    of ability of all those who surround you
    Please don't think I am claiming to be smarter then 90% of the people in my life, I just have more interest in Windows OS'es and PC maintenance then 90% of the people in my life. That interest is what leads to more knowledge.




    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks
    the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo.
    The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box.
    If that's all you want, you don't NEED a Treo. If you want to utilize ALL
    the features a Treo can provide, it requires a bit of tweaking and
    patience. If you can't or won't take the time to get it the way you want
    it so it will work as you need it to, go get a flip phone.

    I think ChristinaC has hit it on the head here which no one has mentioned. I bought the Treo as a birthday present to me last September. Although it was not completely impulsive, it was not to my usual anal standards of research. Had I researched more, I may not have bought the 650, OR been more aware of the attention it required. That's my bad & I apologize for making you all suffer through my free-wheeling ways of throwing money around.


    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    If a Treo worked right out of the box would sites
    like this become useless?
    Why would palm want to shut down Dieter and Co.?
    OOOkay, I play along. What's the Dieter and Co. and Palm deal?


    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    May I make a suggestion on this note..

    http://www.mobiledia.com/news/39858.html

    This may be what everyone here thinks would be 'just clever enough' for me, but I'll call ya a smart *** anyway!



    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Trust me, if in the future you have enough time
    to learn the device up to the level where you can rival any palm employee,
    you'll love it
    I don't doubt your words here. It's an interesting thing too. Take, for example, the pdf I've created from all the info here and on mytreo.net concerning the ROM tool and getting my 8GB SD card working. Instead of spending valuable time getting that done, look how much attention I've spent writing on just this post. That's telling me I'm just not interested. What can I say?


    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    There you go! You have the "irreplaceble" smart device in the world in your own honest opinion, but still complaining it being SUCKS ?
    I never claimed the Treo 650 was "irreplaceble." I've just said I have not found the device to replace it. I know one thing, I am not going to buy another phone that is not wifi capable. Almost every phone for sale here in Hong Kong is wifi capable and all the locals are using it and saving money. Interested in an example of what I'm considering to replace the Treo? Try this: http://www.seeo2.com/Zinc/noflash.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I don't know how the Treo can "SUCK" when he's admitted he doesn't want to take the time to learn how to use it...
    So much for all those compliments for you, & and was going to say if your half a sexy as you cartoon you'd be a knockout. I have spent time on the Treo, it would not be doing all the things it is doing for me if I had not spent time. But that's my point, the time I've spent is still not enough to clear all the annoyances the 650 gives me. That's why I titled the post as I did. It just comes down to my opinion, that's all.

    Phil
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    A big shout out to Christinac for indirectly showing me how to multi-quote with this forum.
    You're welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I think ChristinaC has hit it on the head here which no one has mentioned. I bought the Treo as a birthday present to me last September. Although it was not completely impulsive, it was not to my usual anal standards of research. Had I researched more, I may not have bought the 650, OR been more aware of the attention it required. That's my bad & I apologize for making you all suffer through my free-wheeling ways of throwing money around.
    No apologies necessary...that's what the forum is for. But, you should apply some of your anal standards to setting up your Treo. I have horrible OCD and have used it to get three Treos up and running perfectly...custom ROMS and all. Once you have it the way you want it, you won't remember what you did without it...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    So much for all those compliments for you, & and was going to say if your half a sexy as you cartoon you'd be a knockout. I have spent time on the Treo, it would not be doing all the things it is doing for me if I had not spent time. But that's my point, the time I've spent is still not enough to clear all the annoyances the 650 gives me. That's why I titled the post as I did. It just comes down to my opinion, that's all.

    Phil
    In response to my comment on your not taking time on your Treo...I was responding to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I can learn the Treo enough to rival any Palm employee. But I don't want to spend the time, it just comes down to that.
    And I have a pic on my profile page...you be the judge
  5. #45  
    Mr. Potts,
    I was referring to the people that run this website. If a palm device, or any device didn't have issues, than people wouldn't have to turn to forums for fixes, etc.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I never claimed the Treo 650 was "irreplaceble." I've just said I have not found the device to replace it.


    The adjective irreplaceable has 2 meanings:
    Meaning #1: impossible to replace
    Synonym: unreplaceable
    Antonym: replaceable (meaning #1)
    Meaning #2: not possible to replace

    Link: http://www.answers.com/irreplaceable&r=67

    Irreplaceable of a technology is not something that last forever
    Treo 680 imho is not replaceable at the moment, but there will be no guarantee it will be the best in the near future.

    In regards to me quoting your words,
    Remember light blue or darker blue, they both are blue
    Words can sometime be twisted to form a self-defense
    I am sorry if you are being attacked with your own quote
  7. #47  
    "To the left, to the left..."
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Mr. Potts,
    I was referring to the people that run this website. If a palm device, or any device didn't have issues, than people wouldn't have to turn to forums for fixes, etc.
    Anyway there is no device in this world has no bugs or disadvantages over another device, what im saying here is that none of them is being sucks. They just another device. it is up to the customers to do their homework and decide which device is well money spent.

    I can list you the bad of treo 680 which i love the most. I dont simply hate it just because of that weakness. If a device is really sucks in my opinion, I would not bother to type anything in the forum trying to look support from other people. I just throw it for a sale on ebay. As simple as that
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    If a Treo worked right out of the box would sites like this become useless?
    Why would palm want to shut down Dieter and Co.?
    LoL! I'll tell the company that they're now an "and" after me.

    I don't know if Palm, as a company, likes us all that much or not, to be honest.

    Back on topic - I'd say that phone, web, and simple email setups *should* just work out of the box. Like it or not, those needs are now mainstream and so non-technical, non-I-wanna-customize-my-phone people are turning to the Treo.
  10. #50  
    Septimus-Since I gave you so much distinction, how about a mention on the next podcast?

    Esatyawan, why did you quote me?
    I don't understand your post.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    Hi All,
    A big shout out to Christinac for indirectly showing me how to multi-quote with this forum.
    Yes, it's useful isn't it.

    I only "discovered" it the other day, I think it's a recent upgrade
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Back on topic - I'd say that phone, web, and simple email setups *should* just work out of the box. Like it or not, those needs are now mainstream and so non-technical, non-I-wanna-customize-my-phone people are turning to the Treo.
    Hide the womenses and little ones! Septimus and I agree on something!

    Anyways, I'm off car shopping now. I really hope I can pay top dollar on a new car that doesn't just work right off the lot. Wish me luck!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #53  
    ChasT teach me!!!
    I feel left out. Kind of like my sig.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Hide the womenses and little ones! Septimus and I agree on something!

    Anyways, I'm off car shopping now. I really hope I can pay top dollar on a new car that doesn't just work right off the lot. Wish me luck!
    You're such an ***!!!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    You're such an ***!!!
    Yeah, what happened to his personal little boycott?
  16.    #56  
    So what, no comments on the http://www.seeo2.com/Zinc/. I'm disappointed with you phone geeks
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    So what, no comments on the http://www.seeo2.com/Zinc/. I'm disappointed with you phone geeks
    The prospect of YASOKS (Yet Another Slide-Out Keyboard Smartphone) doesn't thrill me.

    I tell you what would thrill me. Something REALLY small with awesome battery life (to replace the Treo) and a Foleo that is really just a BT keyboard with the smarts built into the keyboard. They could work as a team.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    The prospect of YASOKS (Yet Another Slide-Out Keyboard Smartphone) doesn't thrill me.

    I tell you what would thrill me. Something REALLY small with awesome battery life (to replace the Treo) and a Foleo that is really just a BT keyboard with the smarts built into the keyboard. They could work as a team.
    I hea' ya. What are the problems with the YASOKS? Is this company selling products in the USA?

    Phil
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Septimus-Since I gave you so much distinction, how about a mention on the next podcast?

    Esatyawan, why did you quote me?
    I don't understand your post.

    Cadman - I am supporting your quote
    i.e bug and fixes make this forum alive
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I hea' ya. What are the problems with the YASOKS? Is this company selling products in the USA?

    Phil
    YASOKS require both hands to operate. Not everybody like it.
    I myself dont like it either
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions