Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Original OP has 16 posts, 15 which are negative.
    Draw your own conclusions.
    I don't know what OP means but I think it refers to the person who starts the thread, which would be me. I just did a search on myself, Mrpotts, but I wasn't listed there. What did I miss and how do you see all my posts? I would like to see this 'negativity' before I respond.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    I don't know what OP means but I think it refers to the person who starts the thread, which would be me. I just did a search on myself, Mrpotts, but I wasn't listed there. What did I miss and how do you see all my posts? I would like to see this 'negativity' before I respond.

Thanks,
    Phil
    I don't make any comment about the content of your posts because I haven't looked and I don't care.

But to see your posts, click on your own username on any one of these posts that you made. One of the dropdown options is to see more posts made by yourgoodself. Choose it.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    I think the OP was expecting the Palm OS Treo 650 to be just like what he's familiar with, which is a Windows OS. Unfortunately, the Palm OS is quite different and he obviously wasn't familiar with it and wasn't really in the mood to try to learn and understand it.

He may have a different opinion had he gotten or ends up getting a Win Mobile Treo instead.
    I cannot disagree with the statement. I don't remember if the Win OS was an option when I bought the 650. I'm siding with no from my memory. And the truth is, I don't have the time to really learn a new OS, similar to 'learning' Windows OS's. Perhaps I could make time if I wanted to, or was more interested, but my time is short. I want to learn Windows, if not I'd switch bac to Mac. I'm on board boats learning all the marine systems, keeping up with Windows which requires alot, my time is a premium to me, and my employers. Perhaps it's feeling forced into learning how to successfully operate the 650, it should have the basics out-of-the-box. I don't feel that's asking too much, perhaps I'm whining, perhaps I'm a demanding customer who wants to feel an equal value of service for the money spent. Honestly, the Treo is borderline value to me so I'm not completely bashing it, and I am still using it. Like I said at the beginning, here's my rant, thanks for listening.

Phil
    I cannot disagree with the statement. I don't remember if the Win OS was an option when I bought the 650. I'm siding with no from my memory. And the truth is, I don't have the time to really learn a new OS, similar to 'learning' Windows OS's. Perhaps I could make time if I wanted to, or was more interested, but my time is short. I want to learn Windows, if not I'd switch bac to Mac. I'm on board boats learning all the marine systems, keeping up with Windows which requires alot, my time is a premium to me, and my employers. Perhaps it's feeling forced into learning how to successfully operate the 650, it should have the basics out-of-the-box. I don't feel that's asking too much, perhaps I'm whining, perhaps I'm a demanding customer who wants to feel an equal value of service for the money spent. Honestly, the Treo is borderline value to me so I'm not completely bashing it, and I am still using it. Like I said at the beginning, here's my rant, thanks for listening.

Phil
    Judging from the two post mrpotts has made, he/she desperately needs attention. As a smart marine system engineer who does not have enough time to learn a new simple OS, he obviously does not want to get blamed for being incapable. Sadly, he blames the device instead, but he has already bought and spend money on the new device, he does not want to lose the borderline value. By shouting and being listened in this treo lovers forum, he is actually getting what is called "A Value Added" satisfaction for being such a contrarian.

I agree if treo 650 sucks compare to treo 680, but NOTwith any other business smartphone.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I don't make any comment about the content of your posts because I haven't looked and I don't care.

But to see your posts, click on your own username on any one of these posts that you made. One of the dropdown options is to see more posts made by yourgoodself. Choose it.
    Duhh, thanks. I was being much to complicated and going through 'Members List"

Phil
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Judging from the two post mrpotts has made, he/she desperately needs attention. As a smart marine system engineer who does not have enough time to learn a new simple OS, he obviously does not want to get blamed for being incapable. Sadly, he blames the device instead, but he has already bought and spend money on the new device, he does not want to lose the borderline value. By shouting and being listened in this treo lovers forum, he is actually getting what is called "A Value Added" satisfaction for being such a contrarian.

I agree if treo 650 sucks compare to treo 680, but NOTwith any other business smartphone.

Oooh, little harsh. But not true, I don't seek attention. I've owned this Treo coming up on a year. I should not have to put the effort required for a cellphone/organizer with the constant annoyances. We may just have differences of opinion, but that's why it's my opinion. Jeez, some interesting people here to make such ignorant judgments. Do you feel better about yourself? I am commenting on a piece of plastic and look at the flames I've gotten. Anyone feel an attachment to this material object? Look within before you answer. And my pulse rate has increased a bit so perhaps I am seeking attention, so I'll look at that myself. Thank you for the opportunity.

Phil
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Original OP has 16 posts, 15 which are negative.
    Draw your own conclusions.
    I've looked back at my posts (thanks again Tastypeppers ) and I don't feel they are riddled with negativity. But they are reinforcing my reasoning for starting and naming this post. The Treo has been aggravation for me since I bought it.

Phil
    The point behind my responses should have been worded differently. You vented about the 650, which at times warrants it. However, give reasons why it doesn't work well, etc. before making a blanket statement that the device sucks. I haven't upgraded because of all the devices people use at work, the 650 has had the best battery life and is the most stable. In addition, the problems I run into is when I add 3rd party apps and try doing more than the device may be capable of. I did not mean to offend you.
    I've owned this Treo coming up on a year. I should not have to put the effort required for a cellphone/organizer with the constant annoyances.

Phil

After one year and has not master the device.Why don't you sell it on Ebay and maybe getting another device that "easier and simpler yet more powerful than treo"
    Whether or not the 650, or any device, is great or not depends on what the user wants and expects.

So I can not disagree, or agree, with the title of this thread.

However the really funny thing is, mrpotts claims to be so clever when it comes to IT, but can not workout if the 650 has wifi.

It just goes to prove the old saying that some people are clever, some are practicable, but not many are both.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Whether or not the 650, or any device, is great or not depends on what the user wants and expects.

So I can not disagree, or agree, with the title of this thread.

However the really funny thing is, mrpotts claims to be so clever when it comes to IT, but can not workout if the 650 has wifi.

It just goes to prove the old saying that some people are clever, some are practicable, but not many are both.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, more of the same with the judgments, huh ChasT? Okay genius, where have I claimed to be clever? What I claimed is to be savvy about computers and technology, which means I claim to understand it, which I do & is true, and I don't wish to debate you on this any longer. Now, if you called me ignorant because I can't spell, because it's savvy, not savy, you might of been on to sumtin You know what it means to be an good engineer? It means you know what you know and you know what you don't know. I can learn the Treo enough to rival any Palm employee. But I don't want to spend the time, it just comes down to that. I haven't sold the Treo 650 because I haven't found a good replacement yet, esatyawan. That's basically why I'm ranting here. The 650 is right on that line for me, good enough that I find it useful, and bad enough that it sometimes annoys the f#$% out of me. Perhaps I was secretly hoping that after starting this thread, many people would ave said, "oh the 650 is really bad, go out and get the xxxx as it's a much better model." I didn't realize that motivation at first. Nobody has come back with news about the newer models so it seems this has turned to my complaining. But hey, no one has to read this. BTW, no offense taken Cadman.

Phil
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, more of the same with the judgments, huh ChasT? Okay genius, where have I claimed to be clever?
    Quote:
    I am a marine engineer and have more knowledge about Windows OS'es and PC maintenance then 90% of the people in my life.

OK my bad, you are not claiming to be clever, just commenting on the lack of ability of all those who surround you

FYI I think the 680 is really very good, but then I also think the 650 was good, so that will not help much I suppose.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    All is good Mr. Potts.
    Next round is on me.
    I still think that the Win Mobile Treo 750 would probably be better suited for mrpotts since it's more Windows oriented since it is a much watered down version of Windows. There would probably be less need to "re-learn" much, although there is still some things to get used to. Just remember that it is a much watered down version of Windows, meaning that you will be dealing with registries, and other familiar Windows features including bugs, etc which he seems to be quite familiar with. Sell it on Ebay and buy a 750. Of course, play around with one before you make the ump and find that it isn't what you're expecting.

Although I personally love the Treo 650, I am seriously considering getting a Win Mobile device like the 750 because I want the best of both worlds and also get the worst from each but at least I can then do whatever I want with the one that works better.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo. The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box. If that's all you want, you don't NEED a Treo. If you want to utilize ALL the features a Treo can provide, it requires a bit of tweaking and patience. If you can't or won't take the time to get it the way you want it so it will work as you need it to, go get a flip phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo.
    This is classic. Someone call Palm right now, we have the perfect slogan for you...

"Anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    This is classic. Someone call Palm right now, we have the perfect slogan for you...

"Anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

If a Treo worked right out of the box would sites like this become useless?
    Why would palm want to shut down Dieter and Co.?
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    After one year and has not master the device.Why don't you sell it on Ebay and maybe getting another device that "easier and simpler yet more powerful than treo"
    May I make a suggestion on this note..

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/39858.html
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo. The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box. If that's all you want, you don't NEED a Treo. If you want to utilize ALL the features a Treo can provide, it requires a bit of tweaking and patience. If you can't or won't take the time to get it the way you want it so it will work as you need it to, go get a flip phone.
    Let me paraphrase in what I believe you said, and what I believe.... Since some short hairy bridge harassers like to twist words.

The Treo as it comes out of the box is quite capable as a phone, as well as basic PIM operations. However you are nowhere near utilizing the full potential unless you install third party apps, some of which require some tender loving care and maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post

Nice chop job on my quote, babe...

The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box.
    Perhaps with all the reported features the iPhone will be missing, he would be happier with that?

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Let me paraphrase in what I believe you said, and what I believe.... Since some short hairy bridge harassers like to twist words.

The Treo as it comes out of the box is quite capable as a phone, as well as basic PIM operations. However you are nowhere near utilizing the full potential unless you install third party apps, some of which require some tender loving care and maintenance.
    Thank you! I think we all know he drops in just to stir things up...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast