Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So now I constantly get the error "Data network is not available" after installing the MR. On the second attempt, the app will connect just fine, but one side effect is that it causes Chatter to turn off mailbox checking since the data connection fails so often.

Is anyone else having this problem after the MR?

BTW - I took my phone to a Sprint "maintenance" store (it felt more like a bus station thanks to all the people there waiting for service), and after a two hour wait for my phone, they told me it was because of all the third party apps I have on my phone.

I think I have 11 downloaded apps.

I am *really* pissed at Sprint/Palm right now. I requested a 755 for my troubles and they basically told me to screw off.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I hate to be contrarian, but I'm having the exact opposite experience. Before the MR I would get error 3000 just about every other time. Now I haven't gotten it in 3 days.

Go figure.

BTW, it's a good idea to hard reset your phone before giving it to the sprint techs, for 2 reasons -

1) they can't give u the '3rd party apps' excuse
    2) who knows who' looking at your private stuff (especially if they replace your unit and u never see the old one again).

Rotello
    Have you tried calling retentions, they are very accomodating these days considering the chaos this MR has caused. You are more likely to get a new phone from them than from a Sprint store.

I second the Hard Reset before visiting the store advise, they will likely blame on whatever you have installed to "brush you off".

Good luck...
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I was getting that last week quite often, at first on Sprint and then a few days later roaming in Verizon for a few days.

It seems to be working fine now.

And I haven't installed the rom update yet.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    type ##DATA#....select menu....then select Reprovision...

That fixed the 3000 error for me...
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    What's the phone number for retentions?

RicardoG
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post

Where is that Reprovision?

I got

Data
    Browser
    Multimedia
    Picutres
    Update Vision Profile << ?
    Restore << ?
    Advanced

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Where is that Reprovision?

I got

Data
    Browser
    Multimedia
    Picutres
    Update Vision Profile << ?
    Restore << ?
    Advanced

Thanks
    Update Vision Profile
    It's an invisible program call IOTA, but you can run it using the code ##DATA#. You'll see that some kind of setup starts running and, like Longstrider said, it updates your Vision profile.

RicardoG
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post

I tried this, but I still get the error...but then again, I've been having this issue long before the MR.

Here's my story and solution - the short answer is, it's software related:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=143583&page=2

Post #33
    Having the same issue with a new 755p. Only 3rd party software I've installed is Snappermail. Will delete and see if persists.
    ...to see what happens. With no 3rd party apps on my 700 I rarely if ever have this problem.