Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't give hard and fast numbers (yet), but my 700p battery seems to be draining around 35 - 50% faster post MR than it did beforehand. Is anybody else noticing any changes in battery drain? It even seems to be draining faster than before if the radio is off, and the unit is not used.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Can't say I've noticed any material difference in battery life, same applications and usage pre and post MR.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I think mine is draining faster, I will need some days with my normal routine to be sure.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Mines same. Unbelieveable, you all are getting paranoid and overanalytical now.
    I agree with the OP 100% on this. Today I was on planes with the radio off for 6 hours and my battery was dead this evening after being charged overnight (Sedio high capacity).

This has only happened to me a few times since owning the phone and never since switching to the Sedio battery a few months ago.

Total talk time today from call log was only 1.4 hours. I use Chatter e-mail connected to OWA.

Not good...

Glenn
    Mine has consistently lasted about 3 hours longer than it usually does.
    Mine seems to last a lot longer too.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Just the oppisite for me. I think I'm draining faster too.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Lasts longer now. Saw a noticeable difference with SAG before the MR and had to remove it just to get through the day on a single charge. With the new MR, my battery life seems to have returned to normal with SAG loaded.
    Mine lasts much LONGER post MR. I must have got some of yours.
    Mine has been lasting much much longer after update but I think it has improved Goodlink usage.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Check your pref settings. I think the MR put Beam receive back to on. it may have reset pther power management settings too.

I too think I've been getting better battery life since the MR.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I've been getting siginificantly better battery life since the MR was applied.
    Mine is easily lasting 30-40% longer after the MR update. Typically I've had to charge every day, but I have been going 2 days between charges now with the same usage of phone/text/data.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I'm glad this thread was here. Mine's been draining faster also. The other day I went to work and it was about 40%. 3.5 hours later when I got off (they won't let us work over 40 hrs/week, I was just finishing it up), it was almost dead. One phone call and it did die.

When I checked now, I had 9%. I've checked all my settings and everything should be the same. The only program I have that should be using Vision is On Demand and I have it set to update manually. I'd really hate to do a hard reset, or maybe redo the MR, but maybe that's what I need to do to get it going again.

I've called Sprint and told them about it, in the hopes that they had answers, but they didn't know anything about anything. Guess I'm stuck with it now. Other than that, though, I haven't had any problems with the update.
    I'd say it's draining 5% - 10% faster for me post-MR, however, I should also add that I'm perfectly fine with this in exchange for the other improvements the MR has made. The device could still last a couple of days on one charge (worst case scenario I'm at 50% at the end of the day, usually its at 70% - 80%) which is good enough for me.
    I'm curious about the others besides me who have noticed dramatically increased battery life. Do any of you use Chatter, or some other program that is connected to PowerVision constantly? Maybe its just network optimization.
    ^My battery improved significantly (2 days usage, instead of 1) and I'm a heavy email user with Goodlink.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    You know, I think I've noticed it has to do with a data connection. I'll have to do some "experiments," but when it's connected, it's draining a lot faster than it used to. If it's not, it just as it was before the MR.

Maybe it's not disconnecting after a certain length of time anymore, or it's not going idle like it used to.
    Yeah, I also use Chatter constantly, 4 mailboxes over IMAP, with a fifth using OWA exchange syncing, in addition to going in and out of roaming all day, and my battery last much longer as I said. The three hour estimate I gave is probably an underestimate.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast