Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I used to use Chatter pre MR, wasn't bad at all. After the MR I didn't install Chatter yet (making a clean install) and my batttery is draining much faster than before. I am @ 29% as of this post on a sunday with maybe 20 calls. I usually make much more calls (appr 5500 min per month) and this is the Seidio extended battery.
    My battery life has ben phenominal after the MR. I have gotten about 15% increase in battery life. Every since the update I have had a new phone...literaly.
    at&t iPhone3G
    For those still experiencing battery drain, it may be worth deleting and reloading SAG if you're using it- saw significant drains pre-MR and removed it completely. After loading the MR, I re-installed SAG again and saw a dramatic difference in battery life.
    mine has been lasting longer.
    Charged phone overnight. Full battery at 8am. Made absolutely no calls. Checked phone at 4:30pm, felt warmer than usual and wouldn't turn on. Got it home, stuck in USB charger and device turned on. Battery completely drained. Phone feature will not turn on. Has never happend before. *sigh*
    PDAnet over BT didn't fail this morning on the train ride to work (first time this ever happened). PowerVision didn't disconnect (another first). I believe signal has improved. So now my battery is being utilized heavily.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    As another update about my majorly increased battery life:

Its now 11pm. My Treo is taken off the charger daily at 7:30am, and used constantly for data (as I said, 4 IMAP boxes, one OWA, syncing constantly using Chatter), as well as being used daily for my half hour (each way) commute with pockettunes, and a few games strewn out throughout the day. I just right now have gotten the "your battery is almost empty, shutting down now" message. (I have bluetooth off by the way. Also, I don't use probably more than a half hour of voice a day, so obviously that helps. I do also have roaming, whenever I'm in the office during the day) Previously, I needed to charge it within a half hour or so of getting in from work at 5, so I'm very pleased with the update. I was also one of those who was happy with my 700p before the update, but now I'm ecstatic. Glad I didn't waste my money on an extended battery
    100% at about 7:10am. Did some minimal emailing (sending/receiving approximately 12 emails), chatter running in the background with an IMAP account and checking a pop account every 60 minutes, blue tooth and beam receive turned off, browsed web for maybe 2 minutes. 75% at about 12:10pm (5 hours time). Not sure if this is any better as I usually keep my phone plugged in while at my desk. Left it unplugged today to check battery drain.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Battery life for me has been abysmal since the MR. I have had two nights now where I have lost 35% of the battery overnight to find the phone dead in the morning (with full signal strength). Yesterday I made a total of 20 minutes worth of calls and the charge didn't last 24 hours with a 2400 mAh battery. I pulled the battery for a few minutes this morning to see if that will help. I have definitely had a noticeable decrease in battery life, but I'm not sure what to make of it since reports on battery life since the MR seem to be all over the place...

On a positive note, I haven't had a single reset (one freeze though) since the MR...
    This is the second thread I see with this same problem. I was having the same problem and contact Palm. They had me do the following and I haven't had a problem since.

Check to make sure that your screen is turning off automatically. I had the same problem and came to find that the screen wasn't turning off after a call or used the phone. After spending time with Palm on the phone they made me do the following:

Hard Reset
    Right Click on the Palm Desktop Icon
    Click Find Target
    Locate and Open the "Treo" Folder
    Locate and Rename the "Backup" folder to "Backup Old"
    Hotsync Phone

This of course caused me to have to manually reinstall all of my previously installed programs. But my battery problem is fixed and my phone screen doesn't stay on.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    My battery dies much faster now - about 30% - i charge every night and never had it to die before th end of the day before, now it does it every day
    I noticed a big difference in battery life. It's always been pretty good, but now it only gets down to maybe 65-70% at the end of the day with pretty heavy usage.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    ugh my battery will barely last 24hours with no use .. it used to last several days, even watching movies and listening to p-tunes ... i checked to make sure BT is off, i turned off the autosync with versamail and ive made sure the light goes out ... no web running, nothing ...

the only thing ive been able to associate is when I miss a call now, the missed call notification turns into a "missed calander task" - and nothing I do will turn off the notification - it seems my battery is draining during this even faster than other times
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I installed the 700p Update last night, and this morning, I too, noticed that my battery has been drained down to about 30% from a full charge!

This is completely ridiculous to me (and please don't say I'm paranoid because I spend everyday with my Treo, and I know what's normal with it).

I don't understand this ... but I know it's related to that 700p Update!

Is there anyway to go back to the previous 1.08 version?
    I just did a hard reset, and restored just my data for contacts and calendar. Just the core data, no other extraneous applications.

And I'm sitting here watching the battery gauge, draining as I'm typing, draining as I'm watching it.

I can estimate that within the half hour, I'll be seeing the pop up for extremely low battery power.

Anyone have some suggestions? Please help!

It's like watching your favorite pet die, and not being able to do anything about it! So frustrated with Palm right now.
    hey guys. I figured out the problem if u r losing batt life. go into power options in the prefs menu and turn the beam receive optipn off. for some reason after the MR this option was turned back on
    now, only if I could fix the evdo constantly disconnecting and having it sign in over and over again. the beam option solved my batt problem
    has anyone else noticed that the treo randomly does not go into sleep mode? I will sometimes glance over and the screen has been on the whole time...weird
    Use this app to track battery drain/usage.
    http://suntzusoftware.page.tl/-BattLogger.htm
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    PDAnet over BT didn't fail this morning on the train ride to work (first time this ever happened). PowerVision didn't disconnect (another first). I believe signal has improved. So now my battery is being utilized heavily.
    Actually it is the other way around. When there is poor to no signal, the phones transmitter runs at full power, running down the battery. The transmitter uses less power, when you have good signal.
    Matty
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast