1.    #1  
    So I have looked far and wide but can not find an application which will let me intercept and initiate calls from the Treo 700p on my Desktop or Laptop, when connected via USB or Bluetooth (preferably). Does such an app exists? Is it a side feature of another app? Please do leave comments.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by intercept and initiate calls. Do you want to intercept an incoming call and reroute it to your desk phone? If so, try CradleCare. Do you want to initiate an outgoing call without touching your Treo, then pick up the Treo once it starts ringing? For that you might try PdaReach.

I haven't actually used CradleCare, but I use PdaReach every day.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

3.    #3  
    Let me rephrase, I am looking for a Windows XP application that can control the Treo 700p and let me receive and make calls without touching the PDA itself, as long as it's connected via USB or Bluetooth. PdaReach let's you control the PDA but not make any calls on your desktop or laptop which can be heard on the desktop or laptops speakers.
    Last edited by cha0s; 06/08/2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s View Post
    Let me rephrase, I am looking for a Windows XP application that can control the Treo 700p and let me receive and make calls without touching the PDA itself, as long as it's connected via USB or Bluetooth. PdaReach let's you control the PDA but not make any calls on your desktop or laptop which can be heard on the desktop or laptops speakers.
    THat would be a cool app, but I don't think there is anything out there like that. Just curious though, what would be the purpose of such an app and why would you want to use the Treo in such a way...

Anyway, the closest in functionality that I have gotten to what your describing is connecting the Treo in tethered mode to my laptop as a modem and then using Skype to make calls on my laptop using the Treo internet connection. It's not the same but close...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    It would be something easy to use when the Treo is being charged in the dock. I just find it strange that I can do this via Bluetooth in my car (able to make and receive calls) but not on my computer.

Another benefit of it would be to connect it to your UMPC (ultra mobile PC) or laptop via bluetooth while on the go and just leave your Treo in the pocket.