1.    #1  
    there is a new version of missing sync 6.0 which I have recently downloaded and briefly used and it looks interesting. There appear to be major improvements. many of the apps now sync with sync services which is an improvement. The memo application has been replaced by a notes application which can take images and audio files in the notes too. There is call log syncing to the desktop. There is syncing and preparation of quicktime compatible videos for use on treos. I am just testing now so I cannot comment on how well all the features work. I did find that despite the 'superior' syncing abilities I still managed to lose my ical data and several conduits logged errors. I suppose it will require some tweaking for most of you also. My advice: back up your data before you start messing with it. at any rate I am optimistic that it will be running smoothly eventually. if I decide to buy it I will need to pay a 24.95 upgrade from 5.0, which if it does add the additional features it touts and works correctly, would be worth it to me. I look forward to other people's comments here.
  2.    #2  
    I got all the conduits to work, after some effort and now all is running smooth, except the iphoto conduit, which is still buggy.
    What about voice? Are we finally able to sync voice memos?
    When I use the iPhoto ones, I have it set up to send to an Album called Treo. I tried uploading those photos to Myspace and it said those type weren't compatible. When I tried checking them, I found they were saved in a folder called temp_2, temp_3, etc. I didn't think of moving them, to see if that would solve the problem, but is that how they should be saving them? All the others are saved in folders called Rolls.

By the way, I'm not using 6.0, I'm using the last one, the question just came to mind when reading.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    What about voice? Are we finally able to sync voice memos?
    write your voice memos to the SD card and use "folder sync" to sync them with a folder on your Mac. This has been available since version 5.0.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    When I use the iPhoto ones, I have it set up to send to an Album called Treo. I tried uploading those photos to Myspace and it said those type weren't compatible. When I tried checking them, I found they were saved in a folder called temp_2, temp_3, etc. I didn't think of moving them, to see if that would solve the problem, but is that how they should be saving them? All the others are saved in folders called Rolls.

By the way, I'm not using 6.0, I'm using the last one, the question just came to mind when reading.
    A simple way to do it is to set up two iphoto folders:

1)upload to treo
    2)download from treo

as for your myspace issue, you might try exporting your photos as jpegs out of iphoto, then uploading them to myspace. If that does not work, you may want to try a different browser, if you use safari, try firefox instead.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/10/2007 at 10:35 AM.
    They were already .jpgs and I was using firefox. I was thinking it wasn't uploading because they were actually in a "temp" folder. I'll mess around with it later. I don't get the whole Album and folder thing, when to use what. I'm using it on a MacBook, though, and the small screen is kind of annoying to mess with stuff like that. I'll get a larger screen soon.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    They were already .jpgs and I was using firefox. I was thinking it wasn't uploading because they were actually in a "temp" folder. I'll mess around with it later. I don't get the whole Album and folder thing, when to use what. I'm using it on a MacBook, though, and the small screen is kind of annoying to mess with stuff like that. I'll get a larger screen soon.
    david are you trying to upload them directly out of iphoto? That may work with .mac web pages but I am not sure about myspace pages. Why dont you try exporting them out of iphoto onto your desktop before uploading to myspace?
    No, I clicked on upload on the website, and found them through the finder window that pops up, but they were located in a temp folder. Why does it put them in that folder and not in a roll or something called Treo? Is there a setting I need to mess with because it's putting them in a bunch of different temp folders, one for each sync.
  10.    #10  
    let me explain it a little more. Select the photos in the iphoto album that you want to upload into myspace and then click the export option, so that they are exported out of iphoto onto your desktop. Now the photos are out of iphoto and they are just plain old jpegs on your desktop. After you do this, then go to myspace, click on upload and then select your desktop and upload the photos.
    On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you guys rate the upgrade?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you guys rate the upgrade?
    I felt the upgrade was worth it and like 6.0. The photo conduit is shaky but aside from that its functional, much better than palm desktop. I give it a 6.
    So you're saying it's worth the $25 upgrade fee? I'm a bit reluctant to pay for it, even though eventually I'll probably have to upgrade. The last version is working great, except for a few times it hangs when starting a hot sync. I reinstall usually fixes it, but it's still an annoyance.
  14.    #14  
    its like lots of software which is hyped on treocentral. it adds some extra functionality and if you think you need it enough to pay the money then you buy it. please do not take it that I want you to blow 25 bucks on this if you don't need the extra functionality, maybe you don't and that's fine.
    I think I'll wait. I bought funkeemunkee (or however it's spelled) so my texts are being saved already, and I think that's the main thing that I'm missing from the new version.
    A long time Missing Sync user, I have unfortunately found the new version extremely buggy and unreliable. I only sync Events, Tasks, Contacts, and DTG, and the last is the only one which works flawlessly.

There seems to be problems with the way categories are handled. I wasn't able to sync contacts before I made sure that the number of categories in my Mac's (10.4.9) Addressbook were down to 15 or less, no matter the number of categories I wished to sync. Actually, all categories are synced, no matter what I have selected.

Something similar is wrong with the Tasks (which I haven't been able to sync once yet) and Events. The only way to make iCal sync was to first choose "synchronize all" and only then making a selection for a second sync which worked. However, after that I haven't been able to sync for a thrid time. The error messages are useless: "This conduit has been unregistered, and the next time you synchronize you will be prompted to synchronize."

It seems safest to sync one conduit at a time. That's the only way I've managed to get anything synced. During a "normal" sync, the connection (USB) is more often lost than not, and even when not, the process is really. really, really slow!

Needless to say, I have tried removing and reinstalling the program plus doing everything else I can think of, but of no avail. I have also reported to MarkSpace.

I do not recommend upgrading.
  17.    #17  
    After using the program for the past week, missing sync 6.0 has become very buggy and completely unreliable - more like an early beta rather than a finished product. I cannot recommend it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    After using the program for the past week, missing sync 6.0 has become very buggy and completely unreliable - more like an early beta rather than a finished product. I cannot recommend it.
    That's too bad. I would have dropped $25 on this easily if it worked. The only reason that I waited was because cellmatrix had said there were iPhoto issues and I wanted to wait for them to get fixed.

I'd have paid $25 just for syncing with yojimbo. I was also thinking about picking up funkeestory, but couldn't justify the price. Not worth more than about $10 to me. But $25 for SMS syncing and yojimbo syncing is great. I hope that Markspace can get the bugs worked out soon.

Also, does anyone understand why they need the new video conversion feature?
    I couldn't get SMS or call log syncing to work. I thought it was supposed to sync my SMS messages back to my phone (if I hard reset and restore from the computer), but it doesn't.