Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    so I have been taking a decent amount of photos with my Treo 680 recently and would love to be able to upload them right to flickr from my treo.

I know you can email them and send them via a MMS message, but last time I looked there was no such thing as a Palm OS app that would upload them directly....

am I wrong? thanks!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I do one of two things. For single photos, I'll use VersaMail. I have a contact for Flickr, so it's pretty quick to send off a photo with title and description.

For multiple photos, I pop the card out and put it in my computer (I'm using the SanDisk card with built-in USB) and use the regular Flickr uploader. Then I don't have to mess around with the Treo interface and bandwidth limits.

Neither's perfect, but they're good enough that I haven't bothered to build something better.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I have a solution to do it on my Mac. I use iPhoto and the export utility.

i was wondering if there was a program to do it directly from my Treo over the data.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I also have a contact email address for Flickr to send photos to it. I would be interested in a Flickr Upload program as well.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Treo 680's data is limited to EDGE, and the 640x480 camera is fine for uploads like this to flickr.

the 755p's data is EvDO, the 1.3MP camera would work nicely, not very slow when uploading.

why hasn't someone made a program for the palm os yet? i remember this is/ was one for WM...
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    I believe these guys were either the original makers of or were involved with "SplashBlog" in some capacity and have since created their own image/video blog that apparantly also uploads images to other web services like Flickr......http://www.sixapart.com/vox/tour/open.html
    I've been trying their Palm app but not impressed so far....video upload doesn't work. Others have had some success. Thread here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=Vox
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I actually have been uploading pictures using MMS and typing in the email address. seems to work, you can even add a subject: title. body: comments.

Now... how do I save it as a contact? I go to save it as e-mail and it won't work. Mobile, won't work. Thanks!

Someone should harness the MMS and allow you to select a bunch of photos, put your email address from flickr into the preferences. and it would then send em off in the background. who develops all those SMS programs on these forums? someone does... that guy should totally make this app!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones: