Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about a re-release date?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    June 14TH, 4:36pst
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

tomorrow, tomorrow, it's always a day late
    Matty
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The tech I spoke with said soon..................
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    The next update will remove all of the numbers from the dialpad because they think it will make it faster, plus you just don't need 'em...
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
    The next update will remove all of the numbers from the dialpad because they think it will make it faster, plus you just don't need 'em...
    Yeah, and I'm sure they're responsible for making all those random dtmf tones anyway!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    The tech I spoke with said soon..................
    twitch3, I'd feel a lot less queasy if you changed your avatar!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Don't know about that...maybe never considering the chaos it has caused.

If anyone is interested in the original SD install zip file I have it and can email it to whoever needs it, just PM me with an email address and I'll send it your way.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    With all the delays and the 755 coming before the MR I thought this was too odd to believe but they outdid themselves on the MR retraction. That being said, I installed the MR and am happy with the result.

I can't see the MR being re-released until Palm can explain the bricked devices and provide instructions for a work around or for prevention. This could take awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    With all the delays and the 755 coming before the MR I thought this was too odd to believe but they outdid themselves on the MR retraction. That being said, I installed the MR and am happy with the result.

I can't see the MR being re-released until Palm can explain the bricked devices and provide instructions for a work around or for prevention. This could take awhile.
    I'm really wondering how they are going to explain the bricked devices. Either there is a variation in the ROM that they didn't account for with the updater software, or there are a large number of 700ps out there with defective hardware acting weirdly and waiting to brick at the first sight of an update. Somehow I don't see Palm willingly admitting to that and issuing a mass recall this late in the game, but you never know.

If it's the later then I'm guessing this may be the last we hear of the update, instead being given $50 dollars off 755p coupons or something.
    better off dumping it....imho

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPalmer View Post
    twitch3, I'd feel a lot less queasy if you changed your avatar!
    You don't think I'm sexy???
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Yeah, his avatar is really bad. Ben