1.    #1  
    I hard reset, use SD to update, and no restore backup data at all. I only install Google map, Bejeweled, quick office, splash wallet, Kinoma 4.2, and the solitaire from the CD. The first few days works great, no lag or anything. Now I found the following problems:

- Decided to play some games today. Bejeweled v1 and v2 is so slow that it is not even playable!
    - tried solitaire. So slow too. and it reset my 700P!
    - soft reboot several time and those games still so slow! Not playable at all.
    - when on the phone and turn on the speaker phone, cannot cancel the speaker phone.
    - when known caller in my Contacts calls me, it only shows the phone number, it won't show caller's name, pic, nor rington.
    - Activesync (EAS) ask me to press "sync" every few minutes.

This sucks big time. My 700P is as clean as possible. What should I do? Anyone getting the samething?
    I'd recommend calling sprint, asking for retentions, and getting a 755p.
    Did you install the update using the hotsync method or the SD card installation method?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I play solitaire often (specially when Im "unavailable") and I havent had ANY problems with my games.

I do however notice a significant lag in opening random text messages tho.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I woud be curious to know what the OP has as far as third-party apps on the phone (Went and re-read the OP, it says what is on there, sorry).

I think we will find the MR did not resolve all third-party app problems and will cause some future ones as well.

I have: Google maps, p-tunes deluxe, euchre, bejeweled 2, and a couple of work related databases

I have no problems using any of the apps on my phone.

I would check your third-parties and reinstall one by one to find where the problem lies.
  6.    #6  
    I use SD method and yes, I install them one by one. I didn't do any data restore nor anything. This is weird that everyone has different experiences after the MR updates. I am sure my method is the cleanest because I hard reset my 700p before the updates, use SD card method, and then just install apps one by one without restore data. I get all my contacts and calendar stuff thru ActiveSync with VersaMail.

Another thing, the backup buddy on my SD card takes 2 hrs to backup after the updates.

Humm.. I will try to do the update again see how it goes. I hate to beg Sprint for a 755. I wish Palm can simply issue a exchange program for everyone.
    I agree it is very odd, almost like there are multiple versions of the same phone out there.

I remember back when the phone first arrived, there was talk about batches being made and having problems with those specific batches made form those specific manufacturers. Anyone recall the details of this? If memory serve me right, there were some batches made that were all buggy, while others seemed fine.

makes me wonder if those batches are coming back to haunt palm and sprint
    I haven't had any problems with HandMark's Scrabble (a huge program), if anything, I think it plays faster than it did before the update.

I don't play any action games, but Klondike (from electronhut.com) plays fine but there isn't really much speed-wise to slow down.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    rlyons02

Yes there were troublesome 700p's released. My 1st one went into an endless loop, and sprint replaced it. My second phone has been great. No problems, Fast, responsive, and reliable(no resets). I have many programs, and utilities on the phone.

When I brought the first phone back the sprint tech mentioned that there were major problems with many of the phones re: memory, that went bad.

There was a few threads up here about those issues.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    rlyons02

Yes there were troublesome 700p's released.
    Can I suggest this is a main reason why some phones had no trouble updating and some had major trouble updating??
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons02 View Post
    Can I suggest this is a main reason why some phones had no trouble updating and some had major trouble updating??
    It raises an interesting point...that could be explored by someone if they wanted to set up a poll.....were the people who had lots of problems with their prior ROM the same people that had problems when updated their ROM? If so....hardware be the villian.
    Or maybe not the same people but just a reason why some people are having problems now and some are not. I had a rock solid unit that got bricked by the update, then my new one worked OK. I don't know the serial number on the original or even where it was manufactured.

But maybe the fact that multiple manufacturers were involved is the reason some had a tough time updating and some did not. There might be small QA differences that make a big difference when updating, or maybe some things were changed ever so slightly as time went on with the original software or even with the radio.

Who knows, just a possibility as to why Palm and Sprint didn't see this coming...making excuses for them I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons02 View Post
    Or maybe not the same people but just a reason why some people are having problems now and some are not. I had a rock solid unit that got bricked by the update, then my new one worked OK. I don't know the serial number on the original or even where it was manufactured.

But maybe the fact that multiple manufacturers were involved is the reason some had a tough time updating and some did not. There might be small QA differences that make a big difference when updating, or maybe some things were changed ever so slightly as time went on with the original software or even with the radio.

Who knows, just a possibility as to why Palm and Sprint didn't see this coming...making excuses for them I guess.
    Not making excuses, just trying to find a logical explanation for the difference in behavior of what should essentially be the same phone.

We have agreed on this point in other threads and I personally have seen the variability with our business Treos. I believe this to be the cause of this update's nightmare as well.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo