1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get the front faceplate on the treo off? THe part were its says the service provider you have.

It seems that its plastic welded on. any ideas or experiences?

thanks,

mike
    Other than a blade of some sort, you're out of luck. It's part of the front half of the case.
    are you sure its part of the front half? I remember reading somewhere that this was clipped onto the front half. Can't find that thread though. I'll keep looking.

OK, nevermind...maybe I'm crazy!!! ;-P
    Hi A engineer friend from the plastic injection industry say it is welded by sonic welding, whatever that means?
    Well, I can't confirm the sonic weld; my "chrome" piece is crakced on the left side of the screen and I can lift up the piece and see the screen's edge.

You may also want to google for a video I watched on how to change a cracked screen. I watch this guy take a 650 apart and add a new screen in about 11 minutes. Seemed easy enough. You may want to search for it on YouTube.

Good Luck,

Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
    Yes, you can replace the entire front half of the case relatively easily. I don't think you can just replace the chromed piece, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.