1.    #1  
    I've had a couple of resets after the MR, but ##377# only shows the last reset before the MR update. The first time it happened, I didn't think much about it, but now that it has happened again, I'm a little concerned. The System Error Log is invaluable in troubleshooting.

Anyone else having this problem?
    I see that - it has no record of the resets caused by the interaction of TakePhone & Call Block.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm, I haven't complained much about the MR, but this error log problem needs a fix.
    Mine recorded my usual resets after runnin Backup Buddy. The last one as a matter of fact was today, 4 days after I installed the MR.
    Matty
  5.    #5  
    Update: A crash while attempting to launch Resco News feed in Blazer now shows the current crash log. Interestingly, this isn't the first time this combo has crashed, but this is the first time this week the error log has updated.
    OK, I've just started to notice this myself on my 755, I've had a few rests due to mundu and the crash log is off. Its off by a few days.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Yes. This is a problem that I'm facing, along with Blazer crashing the treo as well.
    My log shows my last reset the night before I installed the MR. That would be great if it were true but my resets have increased since the MR with the most recent being this morning when I called into the office...

The BB Curve is looking better everyday... I fumbled with one at the Cingular store yesterday and it seemed impressive but the track ball would take some getting used to...

Wow! another Palmtastic new feature, no record of crashes.

When dialed I get the info of the last crash I got before I installed the MR - I've had two crashes since, not a word of those on the System Error Log.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Does anyone know for sure the 700p didn't miss some crashes before the MR update?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Does anyone know for sure the 700p didn't miss some crashes before the MR update?
    I always check the log when I have a reset, and before the update the log reported the last reset correctly. It doesn't do that any more.
    Zane
    Folks,

As I mentioned in a previous post -- my error log has not updated since the MR, and I have crashed quite a few times.

I can't remember this ever not working since the 600 was released.

Now how do you figure out what is causing resets????

Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Mine used to work all the time pre-MR.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  14.    #14  
    This problem is very hit or miss. Sometimes the error log updates, sometimes it doesn't - there is nothing consistent about it. This makes its very difficult to determine what is causing a crash. I've had three crashes this morning, and no update to the log.
    Funny I've seen that on my Treo 755p too. Is it time to create our very own Treo 755p bug list?

Al
    I haven't had that many, but the error log has kept up with them since installing the MR. Maybe it has not properly installed on yours? I had one device at work that I had to load 5 times before it would take. I discover you had to have an SD card installed. Even though I was using the tethered method.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I did the MR early June and the ##377 error log worked flawlessly for a couple weeks. Then on 6/21 I got an error while running "HotSync" (VFSDBCache.c, Line 2823, FAT free list is empty unexpectedly) and despite multiple crashes since then the log has been stuck on that same error.

I agree that this is frustrating.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)