Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Upgrade by shutting down ChatterEmail and then pointing Blazer at get.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Thanks Marc! Excellent service as ever! Hope you are able to continue to be this personal now that you've sold Chatter to Palm (congrats by the way- couldn't happen to a nicer fella!).

Any help on how to get the Treo to display the number of new emails on the main screen? Not sure if that works on Chatter but I thought I remembered having it on an older version and somewhere along the way I lost it. Is this another one of my typical User Errors?

Best,

TR
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
    Main screen? Do you mean the Phone app? Or the Agenda view in the Calendar? The only place it SHOULD show up is on the middle tab of the Phone app.

Marc
    Marc or anyone, anyone know how I get my reg info? I am moving from a 700p to a 755p and want to keep Chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Main screen? Do you mean the Phone app? Or the Agenda view in the Calendar? The only place it SHOULD show up is on the middle tab of the Phone app.

Marc
    Sorry- should've been clearer. The middle tab of the Phone app. is where I want to see it. The icon telling me there's a new email and how many doesn't show up. The only one I see is for text messages which is to the left of where email notifications show up, right? Have I unchecked a setting in Chatter Preferences I shouldn't have? Which one is in control of that function?

DOH! Alright dammit- I just turned on the Treo and THERE IT WAS. I guess it does work in this version! At least that problem is fixed I guess, though I don't know what I changed to make it so! Now my problem is that it says in the corner that the next time it's going to check for email is 7:57 and it's 8:16. This happens sometimes with Chatter where it seems to lose track of the time. I've never figured out the exact right settings in the formidable preferences to make this work seamlessly. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!

Best,

TR
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    The new mail indication shows the number of messages that are both 1) new since the last time you were in ChatterEmail, and 2) unread. Some people expect different behavior, and that can lead to confusion.

Marc
    AH! Dagnabbit! Shoulda known that. Now I just feel silly....

Thanks again Marc!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Jack View Post
    Been trying a number of different ways to get past the 3.0.6.3+ install and can't do it. I've tried the link Marc listed above and it says it's downloading 3.0.8 but when I try to install it, it still says it's installing 3.0.6.3+.
    Me too, I've disabled ChatterEmail,
    gone to get.chatteremail.com,
    which lands me at http://www.chatteremailforum.com/stable/index.php,
    I download the purported 3.0.8 installer,
    but the installer reports it's installing 3.0.6.3 and Chatter reports the same.

Is there really a 3.0.8 version or was that canned after Palm's buyout
    3.0.8 was just uploaded a few days ago. Go to http://get.chatteremail.com to get it (after shutting down ChatterEmail). However, there aren't any functional changes from 3.0.6.3.

Marc
    Just out of curiosity... Hows 3.0.8 different from 3.0.7? 3.0.7 has the added Palm (C) --- so there must have been some additional changes?
    Just cleaning things up; no functional changes.

Marc
    Sorry to hear that... One of the best things about chatter was your dedication to the project and continual quality improvement...(You seriously listened and considered even ridiculous requests) Exactly the opposite of Palms typical strategy in dealing with users (Look at the Flop of the 700P MR)..

My only hope is that Palm has you porting over the Chatter code base to to run as the versamail replacement for their new linux based phones
    I had ChatterEmail 3.0.7 and tried to upgrade within Chatter. I went to Palm with a scrabled php page with a link to install the Palm Package installer. I did that and returned but it stii did work. I went to http://get.chattermail.com and it downloaded.

You said there were no changes. I have never notices the save to card for the downloaded file attachment. I would have swore it was not there before.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Is anyone having the problem where Chatter forgets to connect to the server in the background? I'm running an IMAP server with SSL on a 755p. Wondering if I am the only one.
    Sounds like you don't have a valid registration code. Or maybe you have 3.0.7, registered at PalmGear/Palm SWC and need to get 3.0.8...

Marc
    Marc -

Any hope that Chatter's blinking LED function might be fixed for 755p users? The loss of that is my biggest disappointment with the new device. Thanks. Hope all is well with you.
    It's a "feature" of the 755p; sorry.

Marc
    Updated to 3.0.8.. Lets see if that fixes it

How do I know if there is a registration problem? CM seems to accept my key.
    I'd swear that since upgrading from 3.0.6.3 to 3.0.8 the LED behavior is different. I feel like I'm seeing the red "connecting" LED a lot more, even though Chatter is set to default to Butler's LED state. Am I imagining things? FYI I have a Verizon Treo 600 (don't laugh, I'm poor....)
    Nope, My Chatter still likes to forget to pick up mail in he background in 3.0.8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast