1.    #1  
    Did anyone see this file in the SD MR update?

Build18Info.txt:

official Treo680 SPNT SPT updater buildnumber=18 built on Mon 04/16/2007 at 15:52:38.78

Any guesses?
    I sure did. I just posted to another thread and posed the same question.
  3.    #3  
    I'm curious to know what this means...

Alot of people were comparing the MR update to a modern 755 POS. Although I'm assuming the 680 and 755 have slight differences as well...
    This may mean nothing.. as it is just the updater application, and apparently Palm has started to share some of these utilities amongst their new "common platform". I noticed that the security update that was released a few weeks ago was also labeled 680/700p updater or something like that...
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    probably just re-using the installer and their PATHETIC QA doesn't even know to do a find and replace on things. The web instructions were riddled with references to the 680 also.
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    I'm curious to know what this means...

Alot of people were comparing the MR update to a modern 755 POS. Although I'm assuming the 680 and 755 have slight differences as well...
    The rationale for this comparison was the almost identical hardware components between these two units, it seemed logical the MR would bring the 700p closer to the 755p ROM - I believe this is indeed the case.

BTW, your comment of the "modern 755 POS" is almost hysterical...modern is not exactly the descriptor I would use...
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Question......can the 700p Mr
    update be emailed to somebody in zip form?..cuz I have it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhasheene View Post
    Question......can the 700p Mr
    update be emailed to somebody in zip form?..cuz I have it
    I failed to understand your request, if you need the original update zip file I have the one for SD install and be happy to email it to you or anyone else in need...send you address via PM and will send it tonight.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    BTW, your comment of the "modern 755 POS" is almost hysterical...modern is not exactly the descriptor I would use...
    Heh, yes, you caught me... I know I can't count on one hand all the Treos which use Palm OS 5.4. I know the number is up there. Well, now that Palm owns the rights to Palm OS, hopefully v6 is on it's way.

I still haven't tried the MR... I'm reading through all the posts to see if my 700p will really be faster... (minus the application lags at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    Heh, yes, you caught me... I know I can't count on one hand all the Treos which use Palm OS 5.4. I know the number is up there. Well, now that Palm owns the rights to Palm OS, hopefully v6 is on it's way.

I still haven't tried the MR... I'm reading through all the posts to see if my 700p will really be faster... (minus the application lags at least)
    You mean Cobalt, if memory serves this became vaporware a long time ago. Palm has no plans to update this OS any longer, we are witness to the last version of the Palm OS.

They plan to evolve the platform to Linux OS, perhaps with a POS mode for retroactive compatibility of some applications. Linux certainly sounds good, but Linux from Palm gives me pause looking at Palm's inability to get it right.

If you have not upgraded yet, carefully evaluate the severity of problems you intend to solve. In my opinion, unless you have significant issues with BT connectivity or serious stability issues the risk of updating is not warranted. Bluetooth seems better but now you can not use the headset if there is anything connected to the earplug, lag improvement is minor, stability (if your Treo survives the install process) is much improved.

A growing number of new MR related bugs is surfacing, including random tones on the earpiece when receiving messages, problems with screen resolution/color/brightness and others. As mentioned elsewhere it seems not all Treos were created equal and this may account for the diversity of installation problems (BTW, mine did quite well with the MR).