Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried to update my 700p and was only partially successful. Now I have to hard reset and restore my phone a couple of times a day, or more. Palm says that this isn't their fault and I need to call Sprint...despite the fact that it was software from their website (not Sprint's) that caused the issue.

I paid $600 for this? I've had it...
    Did you call the phone number that's on the palm blog?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
  3.    #3  
    Yes, and they told me I had to call Sprint. The guy argued with me, I asked to talk to his supervisor, he put me on hold for 30min, I gave up.

This is not Sprint's problem! I downloaded a trusted file from Palm.com.
    Did palm or anyone else force you to try the update? I do believe they offered it and you are the one who applied it to your phone.

I know the delivery was abysmal, but just take your phone into the local sprint store and tell the the update ruined your phone and they will likely get you another one for free.

It is not worth suing over, and what would you try to get punitive damages or something? A new phone is all that is warranted and they are giving them away like free candy right now.
  5.    #5  
    Was the phone ever fully functional? No. Now it is malfunctioning to the point where it is not only not fully functional, but doesn't even function at all.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    if you can prove to sprint that the phone's functionality is broken, they will replace the phone for you. People! It's just a phone! get things in to proportion, please, stop that lawsuit nonsense.
  7.    #7  
    It is not "just a phone". It is a faulty $600 consumer device. A $10 corded phone from Walmart is "just a phone". A device this expensive and complex must work without me having to spend the past 3 hrs on the phone with Sprint and Palm only to come to no new resolution. Why should this be my $600 problem. Shouldnt it be Palm's?
    count me in.

tymerock@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wlovis View Post
    Yes, and they told me I had to call Sprint. The guy argued with me, I asked to talk to his supervisor, he put me on hold for 30min, I gave up.

This is not Sprint's problem! I downloaded a trusted file from Palm.com.
    i have been going thru this too.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Good Lord, yet another lawsuit thread?
  11. pmb
    My 700p Sprint went TU also. Hauled it into a Sprint service center and they say I'm getting a new one... IN 4 OR 5 DAYS! And I don't want them "being good to me" by pawning off a 755p. I'm already too heavily invested in accessories for the 700, ie. 4 batteries, 4 2G SD cards that wont work in a 755. You can't tell me a company as large as Palm can't figure this out...that's just plain, pure BS.
    Had the 650 when it hit the market and liked it. Could'nt wait for the EV-DO on a 700 and loved it...now...
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
    Good Lord, yet another lawsuit thread?
    I love this country:

'My Treo 700p doesn't work! Let's sue!'
    'Palm promised a maintenance update, and they didn't deliver! Let's sue!'
    'Palm gave us the maintenance update, but I don't like it! Let's sue!'
    'Palm should give me a new Treo, but they won't. Let's sue!'

So we get Palm to (apparently) rush an update out to fix issues that people were threatening to sue over, and now we are threatening to sue over the damages that the said update allegedly did? Hmm...

... and we wonder why device makers seem to be becoming less and less inclined to release these sorts of updates these days? How exactly does it benefit them (admittedly, this was their own fault in a way, but still s*** happens too).
    I agree with the last two posters here, lets get a reality check for a moment people...

You are clothed, have liveable house, have a car (most likely), watch cable TV, have a computer with internet access at home, eat good food, and have a gov't which allows you to spew the stuff you spew when you want to spew it.

Why get so upset over a phone?

Granted it cost 600 dollars, but did you really pay that much for it (I got mine for 100 and most got it for 250 or less). I understand the concern that it might not do everyhting that it says it does, but I bet it did before you added all kinds of third-party stuff, the consensus is that the phone is functional and it is the third-party additions that make it unstable. I agree it is a little slow at times, but is that what we are about these days, suing for a bit of lag?

In the end, Sprint and Palm released an update, they did not tell you or force you to update, and they told you to back everything up prior to your update. I know for a fact sprint is throwing new 700p's to everyone who needs one if their phone got bricked. A little inconvenient, yes.

But what are you looking for if you sued, pain and suffering? The cost of the phone, when they are bending over backwards giving new ones as replacements (which they don't have to do, they didn't force anyone to update)? What are you really looking for with this lawsuit talk, is it just venting and anger directed at someone else because ultimately you bricked your phone with faulty software that works for some and not others (not placing blame here with anyone but palm and sprint, the delivery of the update was awful and I bricked one, almost two, 700p's myself)?

I am just curious what people really want with a lawsuit?
    Last edited by rlyons02; 06/07/2007 at 10:52 AM.
    Before considering a lawsuit that will yield no material results to the end user, why don't you guys call Sprint retentions; from posts elsewhere they seem to respond adequately by replacing or updating the "bricked" phones.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I think a lawsuit would be good for everyone even if no one but the lawyers get a dime. It would force Palm to revamp how it tests and distributes their devices. That would be good for Palm, as they would make better products. It would be good for owners, as they will get a better, more stable product.
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverlake View Post
    I think a lawsuit would be good for everyone even if no one but the lawyers get a dime. It would force Palm to revamp how it tests and distributes their devices. That would be good for Palm, as they would make better products. It would be good for owners, as they will get a better, more stable product.
    Thanks for making the most valid point in this thread
    In the news today:

"Palm Inc has been forced to bow out of the PDA and cellphone industries as the company has been embattled in multiple lawsuits stemming from unsatified customers with their Palm handhelds. Sources outside the company say the lawsuits began largely as a gesture to show discontent comsumers had when the company failed to adequately supply an update to Treo products. Sources inside the company say they felt compelled to release an update due to a small but vocal crowd of dissatisfied users within the internet community, and it was this same crowd of users that formed the now notorious PAP (People Against Palm) Smear campaign."

We'll have more details on this story at 11
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverlake View Post
    You can achieve similar results by "voting with your wallet" as they say and choosing a better product the next time around.

Competition, not lawsuits, is the driving force behind innovation.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Thanks for making the most valid point in this thread
    No, it would result in NO MR next time from palm. You folks amaze me. The company is trying to do the right thing. The software obviously works for most or they would never have released it. Just because your phone or your installation has problems does not me its time for a sue party. Get the phone replaced. End of game.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast