Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 102
  1. #41  
    See in my hood we don't sue. We hold your first born hostage til the upgrade is up and working. Where's my phone?...omiguad ...my hostage got away....and she took my 700p.....What????##$ She ran up my Sprint bill???
    I'll Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
    The bottom line is that the Treo is a POS device developed by a micky mouse company run by an army of clowns. It's time to find another device to rely on. eff Palm.
    now that's comedy.

    but it what you were saying was actually true, wouldn't you think there would be a good company with smart humans running it that could make the same phone with the same features...same form factor..that is actually stable?

    you can't have it both ways.

    people complained about the first ipods...so many companies tried to copy them...and yet even years later, nobody can hold a candle to the ipod and its form factor....
  3. #43  
    People didn't just complain about the first Ipods, Apple got sued because they didn't want to acknowledge they had a problem. They were forced to fix their product. Everyone is better off because of it.

    I don't care if I ever get anything from Palm. I would like to see them held responsible for not fixing their products.

    I'm just a guy that thinks a company should do the right thing and stand behind it's products. It seems too simple.

    This is not about trying to get something for nothing. If you look at the Ipod settlement, nobody got much. However, the batteries on Ipods don't fail as much as they used to.

    Think of the effort it took for Palm to even admit they had a problem.

    By the way, if there is ever a class action suit, I promise to only take the fix.
  4. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #44  
    sue them, this has gotten waaaaaay out of control! Palm should give us all free 755's
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    You seem pretty smart hehe.I used my P to make 1500 dollars a day yet it cost me more down time inturn sling lost money.So yes it is a phone that many earn there living with.The P did not work out so I dumped it going back to WM-WX.If I did still own the P I would not hesitate on a law suit after there great update.
    My point isn't whether a class action is good, bad or indifferent. It's simply that nobody will EVER do it here. If you wouldn't hesitate, then don't. Either do it or don't, but at some point continually talking junk becomes silly if it's obvious that you have no intention of following through.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6. #46  
    My hope is there is a lawyer or a friend of a lawyer that will file on behalf of 700p owners.

    From reading these forums, it is seems the MR update fixes most of the bluetooth pairing issues.

    If I could just get this fix, I'd be happy. My phone would be usable with a bluetooth headset. Not so much to ask.

    However, since Alltel will never get the update, I would love it if a lawyer that has Alltel or just believes this is wrong would file a lawsuit. If only to force them to fix all carriers. I don't want a 755 free or any money. Just a fix for the bluetooth.

    To say only Sprint and Verison have these issues is so wrong.
    Last edited by beaverlake; 06/08/2007 at 12:24 PM.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverlake View Post
    My hope is there is a lawyer or a friend of a lawyer that will file on behalf of 700p owners.
    Obviously, there isn't.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhasheene View Post
    See in my hood we don't sue. We hold your first born hostage til the upgrade is up and working. Where's my phone?...omiguad ...my hostage got away....and she took my 700p.....What????##$ She ran up my Sprint bill???
    I'll Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! I definitely know what you mean!
  9. RStall's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #49  
    I am in the middle. the update fried my phone but I wouldn't sue over it. I shelled out 629.99 for this phone and I expected it to work. palm damn sure wasn't willing to compromise the price why should they compromise the quality of their product? I just want my treo replaced that's all. I feel like palm owes me that much... I have a 700p and 700wx and they both are pos. I heard good things about the 755p. I heard its just what the 700p should have been in the first place. I'm pissed but I'm not going to sue them over it. I can understand why someone would want to. 600 dollars is a lot of money. a months rent... a car note and a half...
  10. richpjr's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by RStall View Post
    I am in the middle. the update fried my phone but I wouldn't sue over it. I shelled out 629.99 for this phone and I expected it to work. palm damn sure wasn't willing to compromise the price why should they compromise the quality of their product? I just want my treo replaced that's all. I feel like palm owes me that much... I have a 700p and 700wx and they both are pos. I heard good things about the 755p. I heard its just what the 700p should have been in the first place. I'm pissed but I'm not going to sue them over it. I can understand why someone would want to. 600 dollars is a lot of money. a months rent... a car note and a half...
    If I were you and had two POS devices, I surely wouldn't be banking on a 3rd one from the same company to magically be better for you!
  11. #51  
    I had no real problem doing the update. The problem's started after the update. I waited one solid year for a "SIMPLE" update to address a few problems, and now I have the same problems, plus many more.

    I have loved all my Treo's and I will miss them, but I'm already in line for the iPhone. I know Apple will release updates on a timely basis, and they will address the issues.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dordal View Post
    I love this country:
    'My Treo 700p doesn't work! Let's sue!'
    'Palm promised a maintenance update, and they didn't deliver! Let's sue!'
    'Palm gave us the maintenance update, but I don't like it! Let's sue!'
    'Palm should give me a new Treo, but they won't. Let's sue!'
    Errr, have you any idea of the number of times Palm has used legal recourse or gone to court? What you mean to say is corporations can sue, or threaten to, all they want but consumers should not?

    this is what cracks me up. The people who swallow hook line and sinker the idea that organizing for a lawsuit against a corporation is somehow "whining" have never really given any thought to how often coprorations get involved themselves in suits. I am frightened at how these people think regulations and legislation are created -- and who has and uses massive loobbying to that end. Palm and Sprint directly and indirectly (though industry group lobbying) employee hundreds of lawyers, but god forbid consumers should get legal recourse?

    I was part of a successful class action lawsuit against sprint. It netted me $800.

    When I started with sprint they were GSM. They switched to cdma and abandoned us with GSM equipment. When we started the suit I heard the same kind of thing -- "class actions are bad" blah blah blah. I was supposed to replace my brand new gsm phones with cdma at no discount because of sprints decision to sell of their gsm rights in my area? Sprint saw the light and replaced all our handsets. they refused to do so until the suit was started.

    The fact is this is a $600 device. It does not work for certain very basic functions. there are scores of $200 phone models that have no problem with bluetooth. this phone's bluetooth does not function correctly . this is one of several problems with this device and its software.

    Palm developed and recommended an update. their own recommended update for their own phones destroyed many phones. If this had happened to palm wiht something they purchased they would certainly threaten to sue.
  13. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #53  
    The update was pushed back so far, many people who bought the 700p when it first came out are now out of warrantee. Should they just be SOL?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Errr, have you any idea of the number of times Palm has used legal recourse or gone to court? What you mean to say is corporations can sue, or threaten to, all they want but consumers should not?

    this is what cracks me up. The people who swallow hook line and sinker the idea that organizing for a lawsuit against a corporation is somehow "whining" have never really given any thought to how often coprorations get involved themselves in suits. I am frightened at how these people think regulations and legislation are created -- and who has and uses massive loobbying to that end. Palm and Sprint directly and indirectly (though industry group lobbying) employee hundreds of lawyers, but god forbid consumers should get legal recourse?

    I was part of a successful class action lawsuit against sprint. It netted me $800.

    When I started with sprint they were GSM. They switched to cdma and abandoned us with GSM equipment. When we started the suit I heard the same kind of thing -- "class actions are bad" blah blah blah. I was supposed to replace my brand new gsm phones with cdma at no discount because of sprints decision to sell of their gsm rights in my area? Sprint saw the light and replaced all our handsets. they refused to do so until the suit was started.

    The fact is this is a $600 device. It does not work for certain very basic functions. there are scores of $200 phone models that have no problem with bluetooth. this phone's bluetooth does not function correctly . this is one of several problems with this device and its software.

    Palm developed and recommended an update. their own recommended update for their own phones destroyed many phones. If this had happened to palm wiht something they purchased they would certainly threaten to sue.
    Then just sue.... or not. But the constant babbling is silly. Because I still maintain that nobody on these boards ACTUALLY WILL SUE. Because when all the emotion is expended, regardless of the merits - for or against the issue - nobody here will actually follow through on it. So my challenge is to either put up or shut up, folks, but please stop threatening legal action unless you yourself are willing to follow through.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  15. #55  
    So basically shut this thread down because there is no resion for members to come together a chat about the possibility of following through with such action.
    What a great idea Bujin...That makes perfect sense
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    So basically shut this thread down because there is no resion for members to come together a chat about the possibility of following through with such action.
    What a great idea Bujin...That makes perfect sense
    Sling, these threads have come together and chatted, and chatted, and chatted.....they don't follow through. They just continue to add to negativity and feed on each other. Not an action ever comes of it. That's my point. Look at all of the other threads on this exact subject.

    Even though I don't agree with the idea of lawsuits of this nature, I can almost respect them if folks would actually follow through on them. But nobody does. It's just one more groupthink thread that gets everyone worked up and accomplishes nothing.

    I haven't shut this thread down; I certainly haven't the power or authority to do that....I'm simply challenging you all to either put your money where your mouth is, or stop blowing hot air.

    I can almost guarantee that NOBODY will do it....is anyone going to prove me wrong?
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/08/2007 at 10:02 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  17. #57  
    Is the negativity really coming from this thread or all sournding it.Ive been in a few forums were such thread has been effective so it could go both way.To say there is no need for such a thread hmm Palm likes to hear that.
    Maybe just maybe there will be a member that will backup how they feel with such actions.Time will tell for the thread cost nothing.
  18. #58  
    It is a discussion forum. No one has to put up money or file a suit to discuss the merits of one.

    If I were a lawyer, I would file a class action suit against them. But I'm not.
    Are you saying that if you don't have the money to hire a lawyer or you are not one, you have no right to talk about legal options or wish a suit would be filed?

    How do you think Apple got sued for their first generation Ipods?
    Do only lawyers have Ipods?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverlake View Post
    It is a discussion forum. No one has to put up money or file a suit to discuss the merits of one.

    If I were a lawyer, I would file a class action suit against them. But I'm not.
    Are you saying that if you don't have the money to hire a lawyer or you are not one, you have no right to talk about legal options or wish a suit would be filed?

    How do you think Apple got sued for their first generation Ipods?
    Do only lawyers have Ipods?
    I think I've been clear, but obviously not. I haven't stopped any discussion. You folks will talks and complain as much as you want to - you have the right to talk about whatever you want to, and wish for whatever lawsuit you want. I am not stopping you from saying or doing anything.

    I'm simply pointing out the obvious fact: despite hundreds (perhaps thousand if you include the Treo 650) of posts regarding class action suits, history has shown that nobody here will actually sue.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  20. #60  
    My major beef about thread slike this is that you get flamers who don't even use the 700p and who didn't even try to do the update or have any working knowledge of the update who sit in here and just fan the flames.

    I say, if you don't own the phone, get out of the board. I could easily go to the 680 forum and whine about how that phone sux, or go to the 755 forum and complain about how that phone really isn't any faster than the 700p, but I don't. I don't own those phones. I stay off those boards.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions