Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dordal View Post
    I love this country:

'My Treo 700p doesn't work! Let's sue!'
    'Palm promised a maintenance update, and they didn't deliver! Let's sue!'
    'Palm gave us the maintenance update, but I don't like it! Let's sue!'
    'Palm should give me a new Treo, but they won't. Let's sue!'

i could not have said it better. some people have WAY to much time on their hands. it's funny how some on this forum think they know how sprint/palm should run their business...but don't have enough savvy to get a FREE replacement from sprint...a 750...BB...whatever...for FREE.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    So we get Palm to (apparently) rush an update out
    ajabbari, if you think taking ONE YEAR to release an update to a defective
    product is "rushing it out" - well, I pray you are not in any industry where
    people's lives depend upon as close to zero defects as possible.

It would be nice if Palm would just put ALL their talented people on this, in
    which case:

1) The update wouldn't have taken a year

2) The update wouldn't have these problems.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    No, it would result in NO MR next time from palm. You folks amaze me. The company is trying to do the right thing. The software obviously works for most or they would never have released it. Just because your phone or your installation has problems does not me its time for a sue party. Get the phone replaced. End of game.
    trying to do the right thing hmm.If you call releasing an update plagued with problems turning the users pda into a bricks then pulling the update 24 hours later trying to do there best we now know why palm thinks they can pull this crap.jcthorne call your beloved palm right now and ask them to help you because you think you may have a problem with your device.They will then slam the door in your face sending you to Sprint. Do you think that's good business? hmmm you do..very very sad my friend.the Palm faith full amaze me.If there treo melted in there hand they would say it was MS fault.
    Actually I do not believe Palm has worked on this MR for a year, my feeling is they realized the need to do something after the letter from Bob-C forced them to acknowledge the known defects.

If I am correct, then this ROM update has been in the works for about six months or so - this will not qualify as rushed either, as six months is sufficient time for appropiate programming and testing assuming adequate resources were committed to this project.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Adding...
    Hp tried this on there ipaq 6315 customers a few years ago and the device was pulled 3 months later...Why...It was called a law suit.Guess what jc.Hp got there act togther and released the updates needed to get the device to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Adding...
    Hp tried this on there ipaq 6315 customers a few years ago and the device was pulled 3 months later...Why...It was called a law suit.Guess what jc.Hp got there act togther and released the updates needed to get the device to work.
    Their (def): pertaining to something they own

There (def): a place, as in over there

Sorry to nit pick, but if you own a 700wx, why are you here flaming? It seems you are just fanning the flames right now my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by wlovis View Post
    I tried to update my 700p and was only partially successful. Now I have to hard reset and restore my phone a couple of times a day, or more. Palm says that this isn't their fault and I need to call Sprint...despite the fact that it was software from their website (not Sprint's) that caused the issue.

I paid $600 for this? I've had it...
    It's BS like this that makes it hard for any manufacturer to bring their goods to America. Since this is such a sue-happy country, people will sue just for the hell of it sometimes.

If you are unsatissfied with the product, do not purchase any more products from the company. If you bricked your Treo, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Palm did not force this update on your Treo, you manually and willfully installed it.
    The update itself does not appear to be the source of the problem as many (including myself) were able to apply it without any problems and the "new" ROM is working correctly.

As I understand, the USB install routine being suspect was the cause of the MR being pulled, however, there are reports of Treos being successfully updated via USB as well.

Since there are successfull installs reported with either method, then it is not logical to blame the MR as the cause; for that to be true ALL updated Treos should be equally inoperable now.

I suspect the 700p problems resulted from poor manufacturing quality control; how else are we to explain like units with similar software installation (as is the case with my company's Treos) behaving so differently? There are people here with problematic units, others with good units, some took the MR with no problems, others were left with "dead" units after the install.

If your unit is defective, now is your best chance to get Sprint to replace it at low or no cost through retentions. Then when time comes to "upgrade" look at competing devices before blindly going with a Palm product again.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I suspect the 700p problems resulted from poor manufacturing quality control; how else are we to explain like units with similar software installation (as is the case with my company's Treos) behaving so differently? There are people here with problematic units, others with good units, some took the MR with no problems, others were left with "dead" units after the install.

If your unit is defective, now is your best chance to get Sprint to replace it at low or no cost through retentions. Then when time comes to "upgrade" look at competing devices before blindly going with a Palm product again.
    I posted this on another thread, wasn't there discussion right after the 700p was released about some batches being good and some batches from other manufacturers being poor with many issues and bugs? Maybe this is what is causing the problem...anyone remember?

In my experience with the update, I bricked one and got another to work with the usb method, very different both times, but same file for both as I had it downloaded to my computer and did the second update after palm pulled it form the website. So it is NOT the file, it is something with the delivery on certain hardware units...
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons02 View Post
    Their (def): pertaining to something they own

There (def): a place, as in over there

Sorry to nit pick, but if you own a 700wx, why are you here flaming? It seems you are just fanning the flames right now my friend.
    I'm sorry I will leave this thread
    I own a Palm Wx.My Bro owns the 750.My sis owns The P .A few Of my friends own the P.
    I owned the P.
    I posted this on another thread, wasn't there discussion right after the 700p was released about some batches being good and some batches from other manufacturers being poor with many issues and bugs? Maybe this is what is causing the problem...anyone remember?

In my experience with the update, I bricked one and got another to work with the usb method, very different both times, but same file for both as I had it downloaded to my computer and did the second update after palm pulled it form the website. So it is NOT the file, it is something with the delivery on certain hardware units...
    We have about 60 Treos deployed in our company, I have noticed over the past year that about 10-15% are either very problematic (unstable with frequent resets, very bad bluetooth) or seem to work perfect (decent bluetooth, rare resets), the rest are somewhat probelmatic with lag, occasional resets and sporadic bluetooth issues.

Mind you that ALL our Treos have almost identical software installed except mine which is for personal use. Go figure...

The simple fact is that, though many of you will talk about a class action lawsuit, then someone will suggest a series of small claims lawsuits, NOBODY on this board will EVER do it. Nobody did with the 650 problems, nobody did with the griping over the prior 700p issues, and nobody will this time either.

All of the armchair attorneys on this board will posture in order to make themselves seem important, but in the end, it'll only act to fan the flames of trollish behavior.

A recent study came out that stated that negative attitudes (no surprise here) contribute to shorter life span. Folks, let's try to keep it all in perspective, appreciate your families and remember that....yes, it's an expensive phone....but it's just a phone.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    A recent study came out that stated that negative attitudes (no surprise here) contribute to shorter life span. Folks, let's try to keep it all in perspective, appreciate your families and remember that....yes, it's an expensive phone....but it's just a phone.
    You seem pretty smart hehe.I used my P to make 1500 dollars a day yet it cost me more down time inturn sling lost money.So yes it is a phone that many earn there living with.The P did not work out so I dumped it going back to WM-WX.If I did still own the P I would not hesitate on a law suit after there great update.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    You seem pretty smart hehe.I used my P to make 1500 dollars a day yet it cost me more down time inturn sling lost money.So yes it is a phone that many earn there living with.The P did not work out so I dumped it going back to WM-WX.If I did still own the P I would not hesitate on a law suit after there great update.
    Wow, thats impressive. I have never heard anyone making money using their phone. If you really were making 1500 day (and assuming you are stilll making that kind of cash) why worry yourself with a cell phone that costs 600 bucks (if anyone really ever pays that). I mean come on, someone making close to 400K, why bother about a 600 dollar piece that you vehemently hate?

I know you switched over to the WX, but still why generate a lawsuit, any good judge would throw that out saying "if you are smart enough to generate 1500 dollars/day why aren't you smart enough to get rid of it if it doesn't do what you need it to do when so many others are happy with thier machines?"

Just fanning back the flames
    Wow, thats impressive. I have never heard anyone making money using their phone. If you really were making 1500 day (and assuming you are stilll making that kind of cash) why worry yourself with a cell phone that costs 600 bucks (if anyone really ever pays that). I mean come on, someone making close to 400K, why bother about a 600 dollar piece that you vehemently hate?

I know you switched over to the WX, but still why generate a lawsuit, any good judge would throw that out saying "if you are smart enough to generate 1500 dollars/day why aren't you smart enough to get rid of it if it doesn't do what you need it to do when so many others are happy with thier machines?"

Just fanning back the flames
    hehe your pretty smart to lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    We have about 60 Treos deployed in our company, I have noticed over the past year that about 10-15% are either very problematic (unstable with frequent resets, very bad bluetooth) or seem to work perfect (decent bluetooth, rare resets), the rest are somewhat probelmatic with lag, occasional resets and sporadic bluetooth issues.

Mind you that ALL our Treos have almost identical software installed except mine which is for personal use. Go figure...
    I would tend to agree with your analysis - it's almost like we're dealing with a living organism here. Perhaps the Treo700p community's passionate thoughts have brought this creation to life! LOL

So, perhaps if we keep all our thoughts positive, and get rid of the negativity, that will make the Treos better.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Wasn't there a class action lawsuit filed against Apple for their first, second and third generation Ipods batteries? Did apple go under or did they make a better Ipod?

appleipodsettlement.com.

Everyone with an Ipod is now better off. Including Apple. The suit just forced them to do what they should have done by themselves.

Not all of us have $600 to throw out. I spent $250 for my 700p and I have Alltel for 2 years for the cheap price. No fixes coming for me. Alltel has no 755 to upgrade to. I bought my 700p 60 days ago and did not return it in the first 30 days because Palm said a fix was coming.

My 700p may not be as bad as the Sprint and Verison versions, but it still resets a lot and the bluetooth is not stable at all. I am stuck for 22 more months with no hope of any updates.

If anyone can offer a inexpensive way to change to a different PDA instead of an Alltel 700p, I'd love to hear it.

Am I an armchair attorney? No. Do I have the knowledge, time, or money to file a class action lawsuit? No. Am I posturing? No. Do I have other resolution options? I don't know.

Would I support a class action lawsuit?
    Last edited by beaverlake; 06/07/2007 at 05:49 PM.
    The bottom line is that the Treo is a POS device developed by a micky mouse company run by an army of clowns. It's time to find another device to rely on. eff Palm.
    hmmmmm....

I download IT Version MR to 700p

I install MR to 700p via SD card without involving a desktop

MR installed without issue

700p is better

Can I sue for that too???

Hey, I don't want to be left out of getting free money or a brandy new Treo

I have the MR already installed on a SanDisk 2 gig card. It just needs to be plopped into a 700p to install the MR. How much can I get on ebay for this card with MR already to go?

Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    ajabbari, if you think taking ONE YEAR to release an update to a defective
    product is "rushing it out" - well, I pray you are not in any industry where
    people's lives depend upon as close to zero defects as possible.

It would be nice if Palm would just put ALL their talented people on this, in
    which case:

1) The update wouldn't have taken a year

2) The update wouldn't have these problems.

Jim
    Well, by rushing out I meant by Palm's standards... maybe they needed 2 years....

Point is, the whole threat of lawsuit over this thing is really just wasting time. If I was in the position that some of you folks are in with the bricked Treo's I'd probably be looking at getting the Q or the 8830 right now instead... it would do damage to Palm in the future and you'd be out a lot less time, money, and energy.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast