Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Before I updated my 700p from Sprint I would have a running count of the number of emails recently downloaded. After the update that no longer happens. Is this a result of the upgrade? I am looking for a setting to affect this bit I can't find it. Can anyone help?

    Tha nks
  2. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #2  
    The MR took it away. Others have said that losing the counter speeds the operation of the phone screen. I wish we had the option to decide for ourselves which we preferred. More lag with counter or less lag without the counter (if this truly is the reason why it is now gone).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the answer
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvputer View Post
    Before I updated my 700p from Sprint I would have a running count of the number of emails recently downloaded. After the update that no longer happens. Is this a result of the upgrade? I am looking for a setting to affect this bit I can't find it. Can anyone help?

    Tha nks
    I have it from good authority this counter was removed as it caused the significant lag in the phone application...apparently was also removed from the 755p as an enhancement.

    If this was causing some additional issues is unknown to me.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  5. #5  
    This is annoying as all hell. They need to put it back. Are there any third party applications that can work around this or is anyone willing to develop one ?
  6. #6  
    This is likely to reintroduce most of the lag into the phone again...this email counter issue lends validity to the observations that using VersaMail caused the lag.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  7. #7  
    So querying for emails counts slows down the phone app but querying for text counts doesn't?


  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro View Post
    So querying for emails counts slows down the phone app but querying for text counts doesn't?
    So it seems.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    This is likely to reintroduce most of the lag into the phone again...this email counter issue lends validity to the observations that using VersaMail caused the lag.
    Chatter also uses the phone screen notification (just in a different way). Therefore it's not Versamail that causes the lag. I get no significant lag using either one. 2day provides an email counter that actually works better than the phone screen counter, but the email notification can slow it down.
  10. #10  
    I never noticed any lag on the phone app, only switching applications.
  11. #11  
    I glad it's dead. Having Skinner, when it showed up, it was still the baby blue color of the original phone screen. It looked ugly with Skinner running. It slowed my phone app down, and made P Tunes skip. Like I said, I'm glad it's dead.
    Matty

Posting Permissions