http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9ZSEZTI
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    gfunk posted this, it is in several threads, but a sticky might be nice

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9ZSEZTI
    That download is overbooked right now.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    I have the .exe and sd version of the update if anyone wants it let me know and I will post. worked without incident for me on the first try.
    Last edited by paulg1981; 06/06/2007 at 08:54 PM.
    here is another link to the SD card loader....

http://download.yousendit.com/B9B53244635F9F0F

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    here is another link to the SD card loader....

http://download.yousendit.com/B9B53244635F9F0F

Thanks gfunk!!
    I tried this and bricked two different 700's, one brand new. Updaters beware! I was told Sprint sent a memo to repair centers they were not to swap phones due to this patch effective this afternoon. They told me they had a version of the patch but were not installing till the corrupt installer was fixed. I'm on the third Treo and am foregoing the patch for now.
    Plus does it not put a date in the files? If so they might not let you trde in your bricked Treo after they pulled the MR. Just a thought.
    Both mine were bricked so bad they couldn't pull any data off, I told them I downloaded the patch days ago and had just gotten around to updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by piaa_nissan View Post
    Updaters beware! I was told Sprint sent a memo to repair centers they were not to swap phones due to this patch effective this afternoon.
    I am not a Lawyer but since they can not positively prove where or when you obtained the updater, this may not be legal as they (Palm/Sprint) produced, tested, approved and officially released this MR files to update existing Treos. This policy is not enforcable, in fact can be the basis of a major lawsuit if applied.

The date the unit is updated is not material, they have not initiated a public campain to inform Sprint users against the update, so they can not displace the burden of knowledge on you as a user. In fact I can find no reference to the update on the Sprint website.

If you receive a new repacement Treo, are officially advised not to install the update and you do "bricking" the replacement unit, that is a different story.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by piaa_nissan View Post
    I tried this and bricked two different 700's, one brand new. Updaters beware! I was told Sprint sent a memo to repair centers they were not to swap phones due to this patch effective this afternoon. They told me they had a version of the patch but were not installing till the corrupt installer was fixed. I'm on the third Treo and am foregoing the patch for now.
    I downloaded both copies of the SD card firmware update above. Compared the two...and were IDENTICAL. I went ahead and proceeded with the upgrade by first backing up everything (even though I had no intention of restoring from backup...just in case I need the backup for disaster recovery). Then hard reset, then go thru the upgrade. Flawless. I then proceeded to re-install all apps fresh. I was a sys admin, if time is of the essence, sure, I restore from backup. But if I can help it, I restore by reinstalling everything fresh. This guarantees a clean system.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I then proceeded to re-install all apps fresh.
    If I have a near stock 700p would I need to rstore anything manually after the update? If so, how?

Will I have to re-setup my Versamail accounts?

The only things I have added is Google Maps, Java and the tethered mode hack (the one I don't want to lose as it took me forever to get it to work first time).

Like you I don't think I'll trust a backup as I thought I've read other threads where the backup may have reloaded some old crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    If I have a near stock 700p would I need to rstore anything manually after the update? If so, how?

Will I have to re-setup my Versamail accounts?

The only things I have added is Google Maps, Java and the tethered mode hack (the one I don't want to lose as it took me forever to get it to work first time).

Like you I don't think I'll trust a backup as I thought I've read other threads where the backup may have reloaded some old crap.
    Since you have so little installed it makes more sense to go ahead an do a clean install once you are done with the MR, this is the most desirable method to avoid problems.

Before you proceed, evaluate your phone's current problems and read the number of small bugs and diferent "features" brought about by this MR. If your phone is not too bad and you can easily live with it as is, I would recommend to seat on the MR for a few days and see what Palm comes up with.

If you decide to proceed with the MR, hard reset the phone to bring to factory status, load the SD and the MR will run automatically. Once completed, install your applications.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 06/11/2007 at 07:23 PM.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Tether hack still works with the MR.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I did the SD card method. I'm on my second day now. So far, so good. Treo is way more responsive. I'm glad I did it.
    Since Palm has taken everything down, I thought maybe someone could post the instructions for the SD method to go with the file?

And if it's not too much to ask.... Remind me which files to save so I can keep my call log, blazer bookmarks, favorites, sms history, etc.

Thanks guys!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    Since Palm has taken everything down, I thought maybe someone could post the instructions for the SD method to go with the file?

And if it's not too much to ask.... Remind me which files to save so I can keep my call log, blazer bookmarks, favorites, sms history, etc.

Thanks guys!!
    I have a backup program called CardBackup. I backed up every thing on that. Next, I did a HotSync. Then, I did a backup with PalmBackup (just in case). Next I used an empty SD card and sent the "Palm" folder to it with my card reader. Then, I did a hard reset on my Treo. I then popped in the SD Card and let the MR do its thing. Afterwards, I did a restore with CardBackup and all is good. I didn't even do a second HotSync. Didn't need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post

Thanks guys!!
    Here is how I installed the MR update to my phone (I experienced no problems):

1. Back up the Treo to an SD card using a back-up utility. If you don't have one, google NVBackup, is free and works great. You can also use HotSync but won't back up all your information.

2. If you have a second SD card, format it and then copy the entire PALM folder from the zip file unto it. If you don't have an extra one, I would suggest making a copy of the SD card contents to a folder in your desktop (i.e. SD Card Copy) and then format this card and copy the entire PALM folder from the zip file to it.

3. Do a HARD RESET on the Treo before inserting the SD card...hold the power button and press the reset button on the battery compartment with the stylus, when the Palm logo appears release the power button and when asked choose erase all the programs - that with get the unit to factory status.

4. Connect the Treo to power and load the SD card into the Treo, the update will launch automatically, no user interaction needed.

5. Once completed, you can restore from the SD using NVBackup (or the backup program you use) or HotSync again to recover the saved information. You may also elect to do a clean install (i.e., manually one application at a time).

6. A popup requesting to provision power vision may appear, I did not have to reprovision since my information was restored by NVBackup, so I dismissed it.

Good luck...

<Un-sticky since the SD card MR update has been re-released by Palm now>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions