Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I was pleasantly surprised to see 10 of my Favorites Phone numbers get sucked into my 07 Mini Cooper factory hands-free car-kit. I did not notice whether this happened before the MR. I see that BMW (owner of Mini Cooper) was added to the compatible list on the MR.

It only takes the first 10 alphabetically. I would, of course like more.

With smart phones, I was wondering how car-kits could suck up phone entries. My phone has over 1000 phone entries. The answer seems to be, if you add the phone numbers to a Favorites Button, not only can you dial a Favorite by holding down one key, but the first 10 will sync with your bluetooth car-kit.

I was not able to find this info in any of the docs. I just stumbled across it.

Better docs please.

What experience are others having with their car-kits?

Tom
    I have an Acura RL 2006, and prior to the update it only showed the number of bars of connection on the overhead display, but worked fine otherwise.

Now, post update, it shows battery strength as well. Still works fine and even sounds a little more crisp (maybe just wishful thinking though).

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    How many phone numbers will the car-kit take?

Tom
    I have an '06 MINI and have the ipod adapter.
    I was told you could do one or the other but not both. I probably use my ipod more than my bluetooth (especially when it was semi-useless preupdate), but it would be handy in the car.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    I have an '06 MINI and have the ipod adapter.
    I was told you could do one or the other but not both. I probably use my ipod more than my bluetooth (especially when it was semi-useless preupdate), but it would be handy in the car.
    Do you mean bluetooth and Ipod can not work at the same time?

Are you using a car-kit or a wireless headset?

If a car-kit, how many phone numbers does it pull from your phone?