1.    #1  
    Had my 700 for a couple of months now, EVDO was way faster than my 650. All of the sudden, I can't surf!! All I get are timeout errors. To be honest, I was playing around at work and installed Mergic VPN and Palm VNC, then later uninstalled them. That's when the problem appeared. It looks like I fried my tcp/ip stack. Does anyone know how to restore it, short of the dreaded reset/reinstall???
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    how did you uninstall the programs? Palm Uninstaller or some other software like Uninstall Manager? I dont think you destroyed the stack.. Not sure you can permanently do that.. but you might have screwed up the routing table..
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  3.    #3  
    Just plain old Apps > Delete......
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Did you look at the uninstall instructions? I bet you uninstalled the software, but are still using a VPN connection. I bet you did not do the steps in the second part of the uninstall instructions. The uninstall instructions are:

"Uninstalling Mergic VPN from a Palm OS device
    To delete Mergic VPN you need to make sure that no part the program is active on the Palm OS device. The simplest way to ensure this is to reset your handheld and if you are prompted to Enable VPN Auto Connect then tap the Cancel button. After the reset perform the following procedures before making any network connections.
    To Delete the Mergic VPN program from your device:
    1. Tap the Applications icon .
    2. Tap the Menu icon .
    3. Tap App, and then tap Delete.
    4. Select Mergic PPTP.
    5. Tap the Delete button and then tap Yes to confirm the deletion.
    6. Select Mergic VPN.
    7. Tap the Delete button and then tap Yes to confirm the deletion.
    8. Select MergicVPNDrvr and then tap the Delete button.
    9. Tap the Delete button and then tap Yes to confirm the deletion.
    10. Tap Done.

To Remove Mergic VPN Connection configurations (Palm OS 3.3 – 4.1):
    1. Tap the Applications icon .
    2. Tap the Preferences icon .
    3. Select Connection.
    4. Select the MVPN configuration (named Mergic VPN by default) that you no longer want.
    5. Tap Delete and then tap OK to confirm the deletion.
    6. Repeat steps 5-7 for any remaining unwanted configurations."
    The problem wouldn't be in PalmVNC - I bet it is as robbalazs said above.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!