Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Is there such an application that i can install and it will check the files on my 680 and tell me which ones no longer have associated applications? I know there are apps that i can install and will keep track of this stuff and then tell me, but i'm looking for one that will tell me based on what is installed right now. There are such apps for Macs (don't know about Windows machines) so hopefully some wiz has figured this out for Palm OS.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Good question. I also want to know this.
    The Neatfreak package from Northglide has a few goodies and the one that might interest you is Cleanup. The link is www.northglide.com.

Ben
    Ty!
    What you want is InstallWatch, see: http://www.stacworks.com/InWatch.htm

Destaller Lite does a wonderful job too, but InstallWatch is unique in the way it works.
    Thanks Green, but from what I read at the link you provided, it sounds like this may not be what we wanted. It looks to me like InstallWatch does what most others do... i.e. help you keep your Palm clean "after" it is installed.

What we want is as stated in the first post...

....i'm looking for one that will tell me based on what is installed right now...
    I saw no reference to InstallWatch being able to do that. Now, the Northglide product "Cleanup" states it will do exactly that.

Am I missing something about InstallWatch???
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmarler View Post
    Am I missing something about InstallWatch???
    No, I misread what you were looking for.
    No problem. Thank you so much for the info anyway.
    If you download Cleanup, don't forget to download the latest signature file. It contains a cross reference between files and creator IDs and creating applications as contributed from the user base.

Also, if you use Uninstall Manager, also by NorthGlide, Cleanup will tie into the UM database and indicate which files are being monitored by UM. Of course that only works properly if you install everything AFTER UM is installed.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies! I'll look into Cleanup and post my results.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste