1.    #1  
    I find it interesting when people say "they've been working on this MR for a year"

not to "dis" anyone who says or believes that but serioulsy can anyone truely believe that theyve been working on it that long?

I know Steve said that they started to work on the BT issue fairly soon after the release and it kept getting more and more involved.

I just cant comprehend how its taken them this long.

If I knew there would be a bigger market than just the people that frequent this and the other Palm boards I would seriously write a book about this fiasco.

Thats assuming I could get anyone to talk. The carriers would be interviewed too.

Do any of you burn like I do to know whats really going on behind those doors?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I find it interesting when people say "they've been working on this MR for a year"

not to "dis" anyone who says or believes that but serioulsy can anyone truely believe that theyve been working on it that long?

I know Steve said that they started to work on the BT issue fairly soon after the release and it kept getting more and more involved.

I just cant comprehend how its taken them this long.

If I knew there would be a bigger market than just the people that frequent this and the other Palm boards I would seriously write a book about this fiasco.

Thats assuming I could get anyone to talk. The carriers would be interviewed too.

Do any of you burn like I do to know whats really going on behind those doors?
    My guess is that the driving force for the work was not the problems with the existing 700P but rather the newly released 755. At that point Palm probably decided to retrofit those efforts into the 700P as a result of all the complaints they've seen on this forum.

As far as testing is concerned, we've all seen how little widespread testing Palm must have done on the 700P before its release, so it should come as little surprise that the 700P MR has had flaws as well.
    It's not just a matter of how long they've worked at it, but how many resources were dedicated to it. I suspect they put very few resources on it for an extended period of time, choosing to put their limited resources on new products.
    As long as they've been working on the 755p.
  5. qqq
    Poking around in the release, I forget where, I saw a release (to the carriers, presumably) date in mid-April.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    A poll inspired by this thread
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am currently on my second Treo 700p, and from what I've personally seen and also read, I suspect they had or have real production quality control issues. There seem to be too many different and almost unrelated issues on these phones. My two Treo700p's don't "act" the same and don't have the same issues. I really think the wide varience in experience are a result of the hardware varrying to some extent.

Just my 2 cents...
    Palm IIIc -> VZW Treo600 -> VZW Treo650 - VZW Treo700p -> VZW BB8830
    Quote Originally Posted by ExDis View Post
    I am currently on my second Treo 700p, and from what I\'ve personally seen and also read, I suspect they had or have real production quality control issues. There seem to be too many different and almost unrelated issues on these phones. My two Treo700p\'s don\'t \"act\" the same and don\'t have the same issues. I really think the wide varience in experience are a result of the hardware varrying to some extent.

Just my 2 cents...
    I would agree with that. My first 700p was nearly perfect with no lag and no BT problems. I bricked it doing the update, bricked a second one doing the update and was given a third to use for two days until my free 755p arrived in the mail. My third 700p has already had more lag issues and has even lost the BT connection and physically turned off the BT for no reason. All of the software on the phones is identical and the BT headset is the same.