Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Just want to be sure I am correct that there is no charge for roaming using data in the US. When I was out today I went to use blazer and it said I was roaming and there might be additional charges. I didn't do it figuring I better check first to be sure I was right that there is no additional charge.
  2. #2  
    My data plan includes roaming, but I can't speak for anyone else. Your best bet would to be to check with your carrier.
  3. #3  
    Funny, I was just posting in response to a similar thread on SU. If your plan includes free roaming and unlimited data, then you won't be charged. I e-mailed Sprint yesterday just to make sure and he was their response.

    Dear LGF,

    Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern about data roaming and I will be happy to assist you regarding the same.

    I would like to inform you that you will not be charged for data roaming while in United States.

    Have I resolved your concern? Please let me know by replying to this email.

    Please write back if you need any further assistance. We are here for you. Have a great day.

    Gia S
    E-Care
    Sprint Together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"


    Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.


    Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Hello,

    I have a Palm Treo 755p on a SERO 500 minute plan which includes unlimited
    data and free roaming. I know the device supports data roaming, as I have
    already successfully done it. However I would like to verify if there are
    any additional per kb charges for data roaming while in the United States
    since my plan includes free roaming. I have included my information below
    which you can use to verify my account. I'm looking forward to your
    response, and I thank you in advance.

    Thank you,
    LGF


    Name: LGF
    Address: 555 LGF St
    LGF, LGF 90210
    Sprint # 867-5309
    E-mail: LGF@LGF.LGF
    SSN: ###-##-####
  4.    #4  
    Sprint, and I believe roaming is free for data but wanted to check with others who know more than I do.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks once again letsgo! That is what I was looking for. Why put up the silly reminder screen then warning me I might get charged?
  6. #6  
    Probably a standard, non phone user-specific warning for those that don't have roaming included in their plans, I would guess.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Thanks once again letsgo! That is what I was looking for. Why put up the silly reminder screen then warning me I might get charged?
    No problem.

    Well, say you have an older plan that does not include free roaming at all. For instance my family plan doesn't have it, I have to pay $5 for unlimited roaming. In a case like that, if I didn't have the add-on, I'd be paying out my but for roaming, voice and data. It's not like the Treo can know what plan you have and prompt you accordingly. You can set it to warn you before making calls while roaming too, it's a good CYA method just in case. Once I got it confirmed I removed all the warnings though. I just need to remember to set them back on for when I go back to Cananda. Man that can get expensive.
  8. #8  
    What are the rates for roaming in Canada? I have a SERO plan with unlimited roaming but I'm sure that doesn't include trips to Canada.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  9. #9  
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Are regular minutes used when you roam in Canada? Or are there any extra fees?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  11. #11  
    Roaming in Canada costs $.65 per minute for all calls made or received, plus long distance for calls made. This is in addition to regular airtime being used.
  12. #12  
    I've got a few lines with Sprint, all with domestic roaming and "unlimited" text included.

    On occasion I have received silly little charges for either roaming or domestic texts, and have had to call Sprint and have them figure out why these charges are occurring. Until recently both I and the rep have chalked it up to software screwups.

    However - recently I had to call them yet again for some random "roaming" charges showing up on one of my lines, and this time I heard something new. The representative stated that "Sprint doesn't have roaming agreements with everyone, and you will be charged regular roaming rates when your phone uses a carrier we haven't signed an agreement with." I thought this was ridiculous - as I have no way of knowing or controlling what carrier my phone is connecting to, and anyway I thought the PRL was supposed to handle that. The representative insisted this was the case, and Sprint customers will be billed full price when they are unfortunate to be in a small town like Chicago and somehow connect to another carrier with their "Sprint" phone.

    I said if this is indeed the case - please put a "block" on all my "free and clear america roaming" calls that are NOT "free and clear," but the Sprint representative said there's no way to do it. I guess this thread is technically referring to DATA ROAMING, but if Sprint is insisting that voice roaming can suddenly NOT be included in roaming, then it follows that data would be billed by the same logic. I have travelled a bit and roamed plenty of voice and data in that same town without charge - odd that another line would suddenly connect to some tower in the same area and begin running the meter.

    Sprint seems to change their story depending on time of day and representative you get - but I'd watch out on their roaming plans for a while - there's a big $$difference$$ between an "included" roaming hour or Megabyte and one that is charged at the "highest rates."
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Hmmm. Joad I don't like the sound of that. I just called Sprint for something else and asked about free data roaming and they said yes in the US. One thing I seem to see with Sprint is that if you don't like the answer you can always call back and get someone to change it if you are persistent. Of course I am a fairly new customer.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I've got a few lines with Sprint, all with domestic roaming and "unlimited" text included.

    On occasion I have received silly little charges for either roaming or domestic texts, and have had to call Sprint and have them figure out why these charges are occurring. Until recently both I and the rep have chalked it up to software screwups.

    However - recently I had to call them yet again for some random "roaming" charges showing up on one of my lines, and this time I heard something new. The representative stated that "Sprint doesn't have roaming agreements with everyone, and you will be charged regular roaming rates when your phone uses a carrier we haven't signed an agreement with." I thought this was ridiculous - as I have no way of knowing or controlling what carrier my phone is connecting to, and anyway I thought the PRL was supposed to handle that. The representative insisted this was the case, and Sprint customers will be billed full price when they are unfortunate to be in a small town like Chicago and somehow connect to another carrier with their "Sprint" phone.

    I said if this is indeed the case - please put a "block" on all my "free and clear america roaming" calls that are NOT "free and clear," but the Sprint representative said there's no way to do it. I guess this thread is technically referring to DATA ROAMING, but if Sprint is insisting that voice roaming can suddenly NOT be included in roaming, then it follows that data would be billed by the same logic. I have travelled a bit and roamed plenty of voice and data in that same town without charge - odd that another line would suddenly connect to some tower in the same area and begin running the meter.

    Sprint seems to change their story depending on time of day and representative you get - but I'd watch out on their roaming plans for a while - there's a big $$difference$$ between an "included" roaming hour or Megabyte and one that is charged at the "highest rates."
    This information is wrong. If you have an "America" plan with free roaming, then it doesn't matter who you roam on in the US. This is typical for Sprint though, call five times, talk to five people, and get five different answers to the same question. I recommend sending an e-mail to Ecare asking them about it. Assuming you get a response that roaming in the US is free no matter what, you're set to dispute any charged because you have it in writing. If you get another answer, keep trying until you get the right one.
  15.    #15  
    Yep letsgo that is one thing I do like about Sprint. You can keep trying till you get the right answer lol. I have only been a customer a few weeks but I have run into some unusually nice reps who have helped me. I had heard a lot of negative things about Sprint but so far I am a very happy camper.
  16. emajy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    I had heard a lot of negative things about Sprint but so far I am a very happy camper.
    I felt that way too. Just give it time and I am sure you will become like most of us and hate the fact you ever have to call Sprint with a billing problem.

    Make sure no matter what the CSR says never let them tell you they can fix your problem by changing your plan. The CSR's get commission for getting you to renew your plan anyway possible. If you say yes it starts the 2 year clock ticking all over again.

    I learned the hard way.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    I felt that way too. Just give it time and I am sure you will become like most of us and hate the fact you ever have to call Sprint with a billing problem.

    Make sure no matter what the CSR says never let them tell you they can fix your problem by changing your plan. The CSR's get commission for getting you to renew your plan anyway possible. If you say yes it starts the 2 year clock ticking all over again.

    I learned the hard way.
    Many of us have, many many of us have.. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that sometimes there may be no way to avoid adding a contract to make certain changes. However there are two fixes. For one, supervisors can override contracts and cancel them. The other thing is that the contract can be predated. So you might have to renew it now, but if they mark the start date as 6/6/05, then it's already over. I've gone through this a few times where contracts had to be renewed, but from overrides or changing dates, there was no practical effect on me or my account.

Posting Permissions