1.    #1  
    According to Sprint, Sprint Business Connection Personal Edition is Phasing Out and their servers will be shut down.

Does anyone know of an application that will push email from the Outlook2000 desktop to the Treo 755p?

Business Connection Personal Edition also allowed access to the My Documents folder on your desktop remotely from either a PC Login vis desktop browser at bc.sprintpcs.com or to pull the document to the Treo.

They have indicated that the Enterprise Edition (installed on server side) will still be supported.
    Did they say when it will be shut down?

I use this all the time and will need to find another programs since my company only has Exchange 2000 but will be on Exchange 2007 starting in December.
  3.    #3  
    Sprint rep was polite, but would not say when it would be deactivated.

We need to find another app, since my email is spam-filtered on the desktop in Outlook using Cloudmark Spamnet. Yesterday I got 5,809 messages, but only 300 were relevant non-spam. That would be impossible to use if unfiltered using a POP client.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    Sprint rep was polite, but would not say when it would be deactivated.

We need to find another app, since my email is spam-filtered on the desktop in Outlook using Cloudmark Spamnet. Yesterday I got 5,809 messages, but only 300 were relevant non-spam. That would be impossible to use if unfiltered using a POP client.
    I don't know about the solution to the Sprint service that is being killed.

But the solution to the spam problem that I use is MXLogic. I'm not in quite the position you are in terms of volume but spam for me was > real email by a factor of 10 to one. MXLogic is something you pay per mailbox per month and it's relatively cheap (like $1.50/month). It adds on to any email account (I have it in front of my Exchange Server) and is a remote server somewhere out there, so no extra overhead or IT pain at our place after the initial configuration. We're a small shop (under 10 email boxes).
    My company offers a similar solution (Postini) at a similar cost. PM me and I'll be happy to discuss how we might be able to help you.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    According to Sprint, Sprint Business Connection Personal Edition is Phasing Out and their servers will be shut down.
    Can you point us to any announcement that might confirm this? My company is on Lotus Notes/Domino, so obviously, MS DirectPush won't work for me.
    Centrallaw you should jump on that Postini offer. I know of them and the main reason I am with MXLogic instead of Postini is because my IT people know MXLogic.

Then get Exchange. Hosted exchange with Versamail works. Or your own server. I am in the same business as you. PM me. I can tell you what I've done. Learn from my mistakes.
    Sprint Biz Connection IS NOT working properly on my 755:

1. No Push option
    2. 5 way nav does not navigate thru messages
    3. Warning when opening that it is not compatible

Anyone have any more info?

Also, any other suggestions for program with similar functionality - email rediector like? I use with Lotus Notes for corporate email. Company standard is only BB....
    You should have push through your corporate servers. Use versamail, and the direct push feature.
    Matty
  10.    #10  
    You must set the preferences to allow "Enable scheduled connections." The errors can be ignored and the system will push to the T755P. The 5 way does not work and the hyperlinks in the messages to phone numbers embedded in the messages do not work.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    Also:

*LED alert Notification no longer an option
    *Mail will not send / receive when battery level is below 20%. An error message appears saying the device will not sync because the battery is low. WTF......

Anyone willing to help the solution mentioned in an earlier setup? Direct Push via VersaMail. I have tried to setup within Lotus Notes 6.5.4 before without success, but I am not an IT person by trade.....
    That sucks if they discontinued as I use this faithfully... ah well such as life..

Shouldn't this be in the apps section? Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by jjennings View Post
    Also:

*LED alert Notification no longer an option
    *Mail will not send / receive when battery level is below 20%. An error message appears saying the device will not sync because the battery is low. WTF......

Anyone willing to help the solution mentioned in an earlier setup? Direct Push via VersaMail. I have tried to setup within Lotus Notes 6.5.4 before without success, but I am not an IT person by trade.....
    Specifically, I am looking to find out how I can determine my incoming and outgoing mail server names within Lotus Notes.

Also, more issues with Biz Connect and the 755
    *Once opening a message, you cannot use the 5 way nav to navigate down to read thru the message

I need to find an alternative solution quick! This is frustrating.
    bump.

Anyone willing to help out. Palm documentation for versamail setup with Notes does not indicate how to FIND your incoming and outgoing server addresses..... Any help is much appreciated.
    bump
    desperation bump.