I know a lot of people dislike Versamail but I have been completely satisfied with it since my 600. All I want to do is have the ability to pull in the last couple days worth of email from some Comcast email accounts and my Gmail account. I don't want it to check all of these accounts all the time because I only use this once every week or two. I also want to keep email from the accounts separate because the Comcast accounts are subscribed to a couple of the same mailing lists...

Normally I would just stick with Versamail since it does everything I am looking for however it seems to be killing the Phone and Blazer load times on my new 755. I followed the suggestion from a post elsewhere in the forums to delete all files created by asc3 and asc4 and not to use Versamail anymore. My load times are MUCH better but now that leaves me looking for a Versamail replacement. I tried out Snappermail which does way more than I need but I figured the lite version wouldn't be too bad. The problem is that Gmail requires SSL and the cheapest version of Snapper that supports SSL is like $45! I am trying Chattermail as well but it is really bent on automatically checking my mail accounts for me at a specified interval. I have tried setting it to work offline but that is a bit of a hassle and Chatter is $39.

I don't mind paying like $15-$20 dollars to replace the free program I like but I am not willing to spend $40+. So here's my question, is there anything else out there that supports SSL and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I really don't want automatic email pull so I want to be able to disable that feature if the app provides it. I would also prefer to keep account separate but I cold deal with it if everything was dumped into the same view. Any suggestions??