Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm wondering if anyone else has the following problem after the MR. When my phone is on standby and the screen is black, before the MR, I would push the phone button to wake the screen up. The keyguard screen would come up right away. Now, after the MR when I push the phone button to wake up the screen, the screen stays black for two seconds before the keyguard screen comes up. Very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone else has the following problem after the MR. When my phone is on standby and the screen is black, before the MR, I would push the phone button to wake the screen up. The keyguard screen would come up right away. Now, after the MR when I push the phone button to wake up the screen, the screen stays black for two seconds before the keyguard screen comes up. Very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Well I am on VZW, so no up date, but I often have to push the phone button twice to wake mine up...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone else has the following problem after the MR. When my phone is on standby and the screen is black, before the MR, I would push the phone button to wake the screen up. The keyguard screen would come up right away. Now, after the MR when I push the phone button to wake up the screen, the screen stays black for two seconds before the keyguard screen comes up. Very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Not me. It's very responsive.
  4. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
       #4  
    Mine used to be very responsive as well, but some how the MR did something. Pretty responsive otherwise...
  5. #5  
    Mine seems like it responds immediately.

    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  6. #6  
    Mine started lagging out in exactly the same way after doing the MR too. It took so long to wake up after pressing the red button that I had to pop the battery out a couple of times to get it working.

    I noticed that it was only refusing to wake up after being off for a while. After checking my Versamail profile, I noticed that it had lost my password. I readded the password to my profile a couple of days ago and have had no problems with waking up since.

    Not sure if there is any relation but there could be as Versamail was trying to check for new mail every few minutes and failing because of the password problem.
  7. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #7  
    Any chance that the data connection is doing a disconnect when you are seeing the lag? I have had several pauses like that when the data connection disconnects and since I have Chatter running in the background it reconnects almost imediately after I get the phone back on. Just a possibility...
  8. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Mine started lagging out in exactly the same way after doing the MR too. It took so long to wake up after pressing the red button that I had to pop the battery out a couple of times to get it working.

    I noticed that it was only refusing to wake up after being off for a while. After checking my Versamail profile, I noticed that it had lost my password. I readded the password to my profile a couple of days ago and have had no problems with waking up since.

    Not sure if there is any relation but there could be as Versamail was trying to check for new mail every few minutes and failing because of the password problem.
    Interesting. Mine doesn't lag as bad as yours where I had to pull the battery. It's pretty repeatable however. Hit the button, wait two seconds, and the keylock screen shows up. Doesn't matter if it's been asleep for a while or not. I don't use Versamail but rather Snappermail, which is running fine. I'm positive something with the MR did something but the question is how to eliminate that lag....
  9. #9  
    I think that my problem was related to Versamail. I have not experienced it for a couple of days. *crossing fingers*
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    No problem here -- mine always woke up quickly.

    The variability among these units is amazing.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  11. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPalmer View Post
    No problem here -- mine always woke up quickly.

    The variability among these units is amazing.
    I think it's a QC thing with the Treos. Some are more robust than others, etc. That's probably why some could do the MR update and others were bricked. Probably also why some could run PXAClocker and some can't on their Treo 700.
  12. #12  
    Actually, if anything I'd say mine wakes up faster now... so fast actually that where before it would just pop on with the key guard a half-second after the power button was pressed. Now it pops on right away and I actually see the keyguard window render a split second later.

Posting Permissions