Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    TreoNewt...Mortscript is very user friendly so Ive found building apps for the last 5 months.The link in my last post will pretty much tell you the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    As far as programming tools for the WM platform I have found very little indeed.
    As Surur stated above, have you ever heard of a little thing called .Net?

Maybe you should take a look in the WM developer section and see some of the great things SlingBox and CodyPPC have been doing with scripting languages.

Database applications can be made by using tools from Syware, DDH Software, etc...
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Thanks guys, I will check those out.

I am an "old" programmer my favorite languages are Pascal and C...I am not too fond of Visual languages although I concede are solid and perhaps faster...is my lazyness in learning the Visual interface.

Is there any Pascal or C compiler that can work on the device (or even on the PC) using a simple text editor to write the code? My favorite "development tool" for Palm is the PP (Pascal compiler capable of compling ARM code directly on the device), best of all is FREE. OnBoard C is also good for compling C on the device and also FREE.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    JN you forgot about hannip...He is the main resion why The mort tool was brought to TC.All hats off to him for he is yoda of mort
    Thanks guys, I will check those out.

I am an "old" programmer my favorite languages are Pascal and C...I am not too fond of Visual languages although I concede are solid and perhaps faster...is my lazyness in learning the Visual interface.

Is there any Pascal or C compiler that can work on the device (or even on the PC) using a simple text editor to write the code? My favorite "development tool" for Palm is the PP (Pascal compiler capable of compling ARM code directly on the device), best of all is FREE. OnBoard C is also good for compling C on the device and also FREE.

Pocket Zeus Lite will let you code, compile, debug and run your program directly on the Pocket PC.
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=19830

Pocket C# Combo 1.10
    This archive contains everything you need to create applications using .NET Framework right on your PDA - C# compiler, IDE and console tools.
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=15125

PocketGCC 1.50
    This is port of powerful C/C++ compiler and supporting tools to PocketPC platform. Now it's possible to develop on the go using full featured C/C++ and MS sources-compatible tools and generate code that doesn't require any additional runtime libraries.
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=11502

All freeware.

Surur
    Excellent Surur, thanks for the info...I guess I was looking in the wrong places.

I will browse on PocketGear.com later and see what else I can did up.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    was just on handango browsing the comercial software, and here are their total results for all platforms. thought it was interesting.

Palm OS
    10,534 results

RIM/BlackBerry
    1,618 results

Pocket PC
    13,313 results

Smartphone
    2,638 results

Symbian
    7,622 results

Linux
    366 results
    that BB is looking pretty sad
    Ive been keeping track of the amount of software available on the Palm and WM platform according to Palmgear and Pocketgear. PalmGear has 31,485 apps, PocketGear 24,724.

The difference has steadily been decreasing, but at current trend it would be at least two years before the lines meet up.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    JN you forgot about hannip...He is the main resion why The mort tool was brought to TC.All hats off to him for he is yoda of mort
    I found the reference and will explore this program, seems quite popular. I may pick a WM device sooner then anticipated just to start experimenting.

Thanks guys!.

I found the reference and will explore this program, seems quite popular. I may pick a WM device sooner then anticipated just to start experimenting.

Thanks guys!.
    Give Treo Alert Pro 6.2 A test drive By the looks of it we should have ver 7.2 ready for beta in two weeks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234