1.    #1  
    I gotta chime in.

More or less, the MR has been improvement (not a big improvement, but it seems to operate a bit snappier). The EXCEPTION being the bluetooth connectivity with my 2007 BMW 530i, probably one of the most important features I rely upon!

Before the MR: Everything connected well (with the exception of the well documented screwed up caller-ID display...which is annoying but tolerable).

After the MR: Not connecting well. I can make calls from the iDrive system (address book, etc...). I receive calls ok. The thing that DOES NOT WORK is when I want to dial a phone number from the treo itself, it doesn't transfer the call connection to the car (meaning i have to speak through the treo, not the car's audio system)...make sense?

Anyone else having this sort of problem (hopefully I described my issue well enough)...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm not having the problems that you are having. I have a 2007 335i and it is better now - much better mind you - than it was before the update connectivity-wise. I have been able to voicedial via the car, call via iDrive, recieve calls and it now connects and shows full bars where before it was never full.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time though...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by conspir8r View Post
    I gotta chime in.

More or less, the MR has been improvement (not a big improvement, but it seems to operate a bit snappier). The EXCEPTION being the bluetooth connectivity with my 2007 BMW 530i, probably one of the most important features I rely upon!

Before the MR: Everything connected well (with the exception of the well documented screwed up caller-ID display...which is annoying but tolerable).

After the MR: Not connecting well. I can make calls from the iDrive system (address book, etc...). I receive calls ok. The thing that DOES NOT WORK is when I want to dial a phone number from the treo itself, it doesn't transfer the call connection to the car (meaning i have to speak through the treo, not the car's audio system)...make sense?

Anyone else having this sort of problem (hopefully I described my issue well enough)...
    After the MR, I can no longer pair my 700P with BT on my Lexus. The 700P side pairs, but the Lexus just sits there, never getting a response.
    I also have the same 5 series and mine is better now than it was before. I had spotty reception and lots of drops before. Now, its louder and more consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    After the MR, I can no longer pair my 700P with BT on my Lexus. The 700P side pairs, but the Lexus just sits there, never getting a response.
    did you maunally connect at the end of the process by going into trusted devices...hiting the menu button then hit connect with your stylus?

it's a new step in the process after the mr.
    The thing that DOES NOT WORK is when I want to dial a phone number from the treo itself, it doesn't transfer the call connection to the car (meaning i have to speak through the treo, not the car's audio system)...make sense?

i have a camry hybrid and i have the same issue. i can initiate calls from the car address book...but not from the phone. if i figure it out, i'll post here and you please do the same.
    As i stated in several post already my parrot 3300 system seems to work. I found some settings under System Preferences--> Hands Free

I have Always Route Call to Hands Free Checked
    and Auto Answer Disabled

maybe this is something to check for
    So the CallerID issue is fixed now on BMW too?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I gotta chime in.

I am having the same problem with my Infinity M45. It worked OK except for the caller ID, but now I can't make an outgong call. I think it must be a 3rd party app that is messing it up since someone that has the same vehicle and who has does the update isn't having any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    did you maunally connect at the end of the process by going into trusted devices...hiting the menu button then hit connect with your stylus?

it's a new step in the process after the mr.
    Duh... didn't have a clue that there was a "Connect" option available.
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/06/2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I disabled VolumeCare and the bluetooth seems to be working. I still get the wrong caller I, but it least I can make phone calls now.
    Works well in my Acural RL 2006 with the built in Hands free link. Hope the Bimmer issue is a user issue and not a hardware issue, would stink for those bimmer pilots!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Duh... didn't have a clue that there was a "Connect" option available.
    You're of course, correct. I found the new Connect option and after two tries, it connected .... Yea!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Dammit!! I spoke too soon!! Today, while in the car, I tried to make a few calls and low and fuggin behold, none of the calls went through and they all just hung at the 'connecting' stage. This never happened BEFORE the MR (Moronic Release)

I am so fuggin pissed I could scream!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuggin Palm!! You are a bunch of fuggin losers!!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

15.    #15  
    Sorry to hear you're in the same boat smeggie...It is irritating, isn't it?
    Mine was working untill I had a disconnect on my Sony Ericsson Car kit (HCB-700)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear you're in the same boat smeggie...It is irritating, isn't it?
    BEYOND irritating!!!!

So they are gonna make this right in what, another 3-4 months???

What fuggin idiots.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE