1.    #1  
    Do both work on the 680 without any impact on battery life? I'm leaning towards Snapper because it automatically disconnects from the internet. Unfortunately Versamail freezes up too often. Are there any other email programs that works good on the 680? Thanks.
    You can set Chatter to disconnect internet as well. Both are going to use battery when connected. One nice feature of Chatter is background function for sending and receiving mail. You don't have to wait and watch the progress .
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the information. How do you set up Chatter so that it automatically disconnects from the internet. As far as I can tell, you have to do it manually.
    In Chatter Prefs -> Connections -> check Disconnect if all mailboxes are offline.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Thanks a bunch
    Chatter works real good. I've tested both and I'm sticking with Chatter. I used to leave Chatter on 24/7 but that drained my battery by the end of the day. Now I just check it manually like Snapper/VM when I need to and it checks every hour for me.

As James mentioned above, sending/receive in the background is very nice, Snapper uses the full screen when it sends/receive. Also the option Disconnect Chatter and Quit really closes the app, whereas when you exit Snapper it still shows up in PalmInternals.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    ...without any impact on battery life? ...
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Good one.
    I am currently testing out chattermail too. I took Snapper for a test drive and I liked it. I'm going to be deciding between the two of them pretty soon. As far as I can tell, they are both great email apps and do about the same things.
    Snapper works for me. Then again, I really don't need the push feature of Chatter.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Why isnt there a comparison with Agendus Mail SSl?
    Does Agendus mail SSL works in the background?
    Will it disconnect after checking for mails?
    Is it efficient with the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilus View Post
    Is it efficient with the battery?
    The 680 is underpowered. Any background application will eat up what little power you have.
    For me the biggest difference is snapper has local folders and archiving, but not push. Chatter does everything well with push, but does not support local folders.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    There is no need for "local" folders with the IMAP implementation. You have the option of duplicating folders that are on the server with ChatterEmail on the device card and when sync'd what is on the server will be on the device. This effectively creates synced local folders that are the same on the server, the device, the desktop, et cetera.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    The 680 is underpowered. Any background application will eat up what little power you have.
    So would you suggest that it would b better not to have email apps that runs in the background thus giving better battery time.

Does versamail run in the background?
    I run Chattermail constantly.You just have to decide what you want. I end up having about half the battery life of the 650 which wasn't all that great with Chatter anyway. With Chatter I know that what is appearing on my office PC is appearing on my Treo at just about exactly the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There is no need for "local" folders with the IMAP implementation. You have the option of duplicating folders that are on the server with ChatterEmail on the device card and when sync'd what is on the server will be on the device. This effectively creates synced local folders that are the same on the server, the device, the desktop, et cetera.

Ben

I understand. Unfortunately, I have 1 pop3 and one web only account without automatic forwarding and one exchange account. I like to consolidate certain groups of emails gathered from all the accounts on my desktop in different folders. I'm new to the treo so I'm hoping to find a similar capability. Almost seems easier to setup a personal imap server.
    Last edited by frantid; 06/07/2007 at 07:17 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    one more just discovered - snapper does not support owa - too bad deal breaker for me.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I to would to know about agendus mail. Also, I don't understand, why have push mail if you have to check it manually? And lastly, what is owa? Thanks so much, just trying to learn this stuff.
    Chatter supports push mail but does not have to be run that way. You can set it up to pull only when you want to or have it running in the background auto getting every x number of minutes or pushed to you. Each account can also be set differently.