1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this issue?

I have a 5 month old AT&T/Cingular 680. I had lots of battery trouble when I first got the phone. I installed the camera fix, and seemed to be getting almost double the battery use afterward.

Now just a couple of months of "good" battery life, my battery has reverted to barely making through the day before dying with regular use. For me, regular use would be average among the Treo community. I have re-installed the camera fix, done the soft reset after a charge/re-charge trick, turned off BT etc., and a hard reset. Any more ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Suppossed to be "Sudden"
    -Mullva
    I have seen once in a while if I start to charge for a while and not get a full charge I have reduced battery life. Running it down to where it shuts down is the only way I have found that works everytime. The battery reset thing never really did work for me.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mullva View Post

I have a 5 month old AT&T/Cingular 680. I had lots of battery trouble when I first got the phone. I installed the camera fix, and seemed to be getting almost double the battery use afterward.

Now just a couple of months of "good" battery life, my battery has reverted to barely making through the day before dying with regular use. For me, regular use would be average among the Treo community. I have re-installed the camera fix, done the soft reset after a charge/re-charge trick, turned off BT etc., and a hard reset. Any more ideas?
    Can you get your hands on a spare battery for a day? That will immediately distinguish between a battery problem or a TREO bug..
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullva View Post

The same thing is happening to me. It started about a month ago. I now ave to charge it thoughtout the day. At first I thought it was because I had used blazer so would go to pref. to disconnect from the network when I was done but it was 2/3 down today by 2:30 and 3 phone calls was all I did and I am sure they were less then 15 mins. total.

I am on the AT&T network but using an unbranded White T680.
    Are you guys sure this is a battery/power problem as opposed to a battery meter problem? That is, have you run it down until it fails or are you going by the meter which may be, and in all probability is, inaccurate?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Are you guys sure this is a battery/power problem as opposed to a battery meter problem? That is, have you run it down until it fails or are you going by the meter which may be, and in all probability is, inaccurate?
    I have run it down until I got the message and chime of a low battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    I have run it down until I got the message and chime of a low battery.
    Ahhh. Now it makes sense. That is not enough. You have to let it run down until it wont work, like mdavis said. I assumed that you had done that by your post, so didnt question you about that. The whole point is that the meter is inaccurate and does not accurately determine where 0% really is (and this can get worse with time). So, what the 680 thinks is 0% (which makes it start chiming etc) is possibly much higher (like maybe 50%). Try it, leave the treo with the screen on (bejewelled or something like that will help) and note how long it stays at 0% before dying. Bet it takes hours!
    Well I'm not betting on anything but clearly that's not your battery talking, it's your battery meter talking. Let's see what happens.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Ahhh. Now it makes sense. That is not enough. You have to let it run down until it wont work, like mdavis said. I assumed that you had done that by your post, so didnt question you about that. The whole point is that the meter is inaccurate and does not accurately determine where 0% really is (and this can get worse with time). So, what the 680 thinks is 0% (which makes it start chiming etc) is possibly much higher (like maybe 50%). Try it, leave the treo with the screen on (bejewelled or something like that will help) and note how long it stays at 0% before dying. Bet it takes hours!
    Well at 4% it would not play videos. It took about 10 mins. to go from 4% to 0 and shut dowm at 5:30 PM. As of about 5:20 I had made 1 incomplete call, received 5 text messages and it was at 4% batterlive remaining. I used it for about 10 mins. to run it down the rest of the way. It would not boot up and I placed it on the charger after a few mins. it booted up and is now charging. So I do not believe the meter is inaccurate becaise when it said "0" it truly was 0. Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    Well at 4% it would not play videos. It took about 10 mins. to go from 4% to 0 and shut dowm at 5:30 PM. As of about 5:20 I had made 1 incomplete call, received 5 text messages and it was at 4% batterlive remaining. I used it for about 10 mins. to run it down the rest of the way. It would not boot up and I placed it on the charger after a few mins. it booted up and is now charging. So I do not believe the meter is inaccurate becaise when it said "0" it truly was 0. Any other ideas?
    oh well, it was a good possibility. lets see how it performs from here, but probably wont be different...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Charged overnight. Green light was on but when I checked the level it was at 94% and not 100%
    Take it off, pop it back on, check it now and then while it is being charged.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    this happened to my treo as well. Turned out to be the beam receive was switched on (not sure why as this was the first thing I turned off). when I turned it off again my batteries (i have 2) again give me around 48 hours each.

worth a check to see if this is your problem as well.

good luck
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    this happened to my treo as well. Turned out to be the beam receive was switched on (not sure why as this was the first thing I turned off). when I turned it off again my batteries (i have 2) again give me around 48 hours each.

worth a check to see if this is your problem as well.

good luck
    I had the same thing happened to me last month. One day it just started to "leak" power like crazy, would barely last a day. Finally I removed and reintalled the battery so it totally reboots, and it was back to normal (which is at least 3 days on one charge for me).