Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Hehe...check the latest blog post. The 700p update which was already so damn late has now been pulled. Hahaha.....I'm sorry, it's just too funny. I cannot believe how inept Palm is at supporting its 700p. I honestly can't believe people are still defending Palm and the phone after the continual atrocity that Palm labels support for the 700p.

    Anyone wanna take bets on when it'll be rereleased? Oh...and how long will it take to go through carrier approval again?
  2. #2  
    Maybe I should sell my magical 700P, seems to be the only one that has been functioning flawlessly since day one, accepted the 1.10 update no problem, and has great reception and battery life!

    Thanks Palm for giving me the 1 in a million unit that works awesome!!
  3.    #3  
    At this point, Palm should be offering up free 755p replacements for every 700p user who has had these issues because now they're gonna have to wait even longer for the update.

    I can't believe someone at Palm hasn't been fired over this. If I was high up in Palm, you can bet I'd have a manager's head for this kind of a phuk up.
  4. #4  
    I agree Merlyn, after cooling off for a couple of days, all I can do is laugh. This latest turn of events is pure comedy.
  5. #5  
    merlyn your a genius thats what i was think it only makes sense and I'm glad verizon waited
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  6. #6  
    now will those who did succeed with the update have to reinstall also??? uhg
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  7.    #7  
    Actually, lemme revise my suggestion. Palm should either be offering a free 755 as a replacement, or a full refund (if you provide a proof of purchase) of the price of your 700p. The latter is what they did for me, and I'm content. It was a fair offer to me given that it was a year later and I had paid nearly full price for both 700p's.

    On a side note, septimus and the TC staff should consider trying to get the word out to bigger news aggregations (like google news, slashdot, digg) while 700p users should consider a mass email to the wall street journal, or the new york times, or another big national newspaper to try and get more publicity.
  8. #8  
    I tried to get a 755 from my local sprint store to replace one of the three I bricked over the last few days, but he said not until he runs out of 700s. Kinda makes me wanna stand there in the store bricking treos with the SD card install until they either cut me off, kick me out, or give me a 755 (or what the hell, find a 700 that will take the MR and take her home...).

    Perhaps that is what we need to do...get all the sprinters with insurance to go to the local sprint stores and have a brick party...
  9. #9  
    My WM5 Treo really has no recurring issues. Blame the aged, dying OS and ditch your 700ps. Give the Linux Palm OS a shot, and if that doesn't work, say goodbye to Palm.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    At this point, Palm should be offering up free 755p replacements for every 700p user who has had these issues because now they're gonna have to wait even longer for the update.

    I can't believe someone at Palm hasn't been fired over this. If I was high up in Palm, you can bet I'd have a manager's head for this kind of a phuk up.

    Actually a guy I talked to at Palm said Steve Sinclare was in some trouble for giving release dates in his letter talking about a bluetooth fix being out in January and the patch being out before the end of Q1.

    Thankfully sprint is great and I sent the letter to them from our boy Steve and all the will send you out a new 700p in hopes of fixing it went away, got a call from Sprint and was told a new 755p was being over nighted to me and if I didnt like it I could trade it in for the new BB 8830 when it comes out but have to pay the difference.

    Anyways if I still had my 700p on monday after I realized the MR did nothing I would of gone to my local court and filed a suit on Palm not only for the device itself but for all the software I have bought for it to make up for advertised items on the box that were either A. outdated(like palm desktop for OSX) or B. not usable (versa mail)

    I encourage all 700p owners to file a small claims suit its easy and costs about $75 which you will get back if you win. The advantage of a small claims suit is no lawyers can come in it has to be a representative from the company. Its you the judge and the rep, all you have to do is show the letter from steve bring the 700p box in and read off all the features it lists then go to Steves letter and read off what he wrote about it being defective and then explain we have been waiting for months for a fix and nothing has been done and that you paid XXX amount for a device with thinking it would work as advertised.

    But before you file a suit you have to try and call Palm up and work it out, talk to a supervisor and if they cant get you someone in corporate to talk to then file the suit.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Actually a guy I talked to at Palm said Steve Sinclare was in some trouble for giving release dates in his letter talking about a bluetooth fix being out in January and the patch being out before the end of Q1.

    Thankfully sprint is great and I sent the letter to them from our boy Steve and all the will send you out a new 700p in hopes of fixing it went away, got a call from Sprint and was told a new 755p was being over nighted to me and if I didnt like it I could trade it in for the new BB 8830 when it comes out but have to pay the difference.

    Anyways if I still had my 700p on monday after I realized the MR did nothing I would of gone to my local court and filed a suit on Palm not only for the device itself but for all the software I have bought for it to make up for advertised items on the box that were either A. outdated(like palm desktop for OSX) or B. not usable (versa mail)

    I encourage all 700p owners to file a small claims suit its easy and costs about $75 which you will get back if you win. The advantage of a small claims suit is no lawyers can come in it has to be a representative from the company. Its you the judge and the rep, all you have to do is show the letter from steve bring the 700p box in and read off all the features it lists then go to Steves letter and read off what he wrote about it being defective and then explain we have been waiting for months for a fix and nothing has been done and that you paid XXX amount for a device with thinking it would work as advertised.

    But before you file a suit you have to try and call Palm up and work it out, talk to a supervisor and if they cant get you someone in corporate to talk to then file the suit.
    Now I'm going off my own experience here, but if you actually get through to corporate customer care then it's likely they'll take care of you so you won't need to go through your local court system. NOTE: you HAVE to start a case with Palm's customer service and have that case number ready when you call corporate solutions.

    The contact info for corporate customer relations for palm is 407.531.4496 Option 2 and hours of operation are from 9 am - 8 pm est. Mon - Fri. Be nice, be civil; the folks who work on the other end of the phone here are nice, professional and pretty knowledgeable, including the fellow who took care of me. I remind you this is the last step, if this doesn't work, you won't get anything more out of Palm, and you should pursue your court solution. You likely won't get a solution right away (in fact it might take a day or two) but when these folks tell you they'll call you back, they always do so at least you can trust that.

    I'm pretty certain Palm won't take exception to me posting that number here as you can find it elsewhere in other older Palm forums. I thought it might help all you other 700p users out. When I spoke to them, I made it clear that my central point was that I never felt like I got what I paid for (advertised features not working, show-stopping phone related bugs, bluetooth, etc) as well as the entire life cycle of the Sprint 700p being only 1 year, and for 100% of that life cycle the phone was never able to live up to it's advertised functionality. It's pretty hard for them to argue that you're not making a valid point.

    Anyhow, after dealing with palm's corporate care, I walked away pretty happy. They refunded me exactly what I paid for both the 700p's on my account, provided that I fax them my proof of purchase and send them back my 700p's with everything included in the boxes.


    Also, I don't know why Steve Sinclair would get in trouble for giving dates, but if that's what he got in trouble for at Palm then that's pretty disappointing. My original statement was that whatever manager/director is responsible for this lack of support should be canned. This screw up has cost Palm a LOT of loyal Palm customers. Remember that slide with the Linux roadmap that was on another Palm enthusiast site a couple months ago? Remember t hat the linux portion of the roadmap implied it was the roadmap for it's PalmOS loyalists? Well how many of those loyalists do you really think are left now? Given that most of those loyalists are online and perusing these or other Palm forums where they're exposed to this big support phuk up, do you really think they're gonna have faith in the company to stand behind any of its future products? That responsible manager has cost Palm a lot of Palm loyalists. They're either jumping to blackberries, Apple, or even windows mobile.
    Last edited by Merlyn_3D; 06/06/2007 at 03:10 AM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    now will those who did succeed with the update have to reinstall also??? uhg
    I jumped on the update as soon as I heard about it...I like to live dangerously. Though my 700 has seem to run a little better with the exception of BT, I will reinstall if need be.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. #13  
    Let me take that back...I actually got BT working yesterday evening and it has been rock solid since and much more clear.
    at&t iPhone3G
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Actually a guy I talked to at Palm said Steve Sinclare was in some trouble for giving release dates in his letter talking about a bluetooth fix being out in January and the patch being out before the end of Q1.

    Thankfully sprint is great and I sent the letter to them from our boy Steve and all the will send you out a new 700p in hopes of fixing it went away, got a call from Sprint and was told a new 755p was being over nighted to me and if I didnt like it I could trade it in for the new BB 8830 when it comes out but have to pay the difference.

    Anyways if I still had my 700p on monday after I realized the MR did nothing I would of gone to my local court and filed a suit on Palm not only for the device itself but for all the software I have bought for it to make up for advertised items on the box that were either A. outdated(like palm desktop for OSX) or B. not usable (versa mail)

    I encourage all 700p owners to file a small claims suit its easy and costs about $75 which you will get back if you win. The advantage of a small claims suit is no lawyers can come in it has to be a representative from the company. Its you the judge and the rep, all you have to do is show the letter from steve bring the 700p box in and read off all the features it lists then go to Steves letter and read off what he wrote about it being defective and then explain we have been waiting for months for a fix and nothing has been done and that you paid XXX amount for a device with thinking it would work as advertised.

    But before you file a suit you have to try and call Palm up and work it out, talk to a supervisor and if they cant get you someone in corporate to talk to then file the suit.
    Do you have a link for the Steve Sinclair letter?
    I would like to try this.
    THanks
    Kaiser
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Now I'm going off my own experience here, but if you actually get through to corporate customer care then it's likely they'll take care of you so you won't need to go through your local court system. NOTE: you HAVE to start a case with Palm's customer service and have that case number ready when you call corporate solutions.

    The contact info for corporate customer relations for palm is 407.531.4496 Option 2 and hours of operation are from 9 am - 8 pm est. Mon - Fri. Be nice, be civil; the folks who work on the other end of the phone here are nice, professional and pretty knowledgeable, including the fellow who took care of me. I remind you this is the last step, if this doesn't work, you won't get anything more out of Palm, and you should pursue your court solution. You likely won't get a solution right away (in fact it might take a day or two) but when these folks tell you they'll call you back, they always do so at least you can trust that.

    I'm pretty certain Palm won't take exception to me posting that number here as you can find it elsewhere in other older Palm forums. I thought it might help all you other 700p users out. When I spoke to them, I made it clear that my central point was that I never felt like I got what I paid for (advertised features not working, show-stopping phone related bugs, bluetooth, etc) as well as the entire life cycle of the Sprint 700p being only 1 year, and for 100% of that life cycle the phone was never able to live up to it's advertised functionality. It's pretty hard for them to argue that you're not making a valid point.

    Anyhow, after dealing with palm's corporate care, I walked away pretty happy. They refunded me exactly what I paid for both the 700p's on my account, provided that I fax them my proof of purchase and send them back my 700p's with everything included in the boxes.


    Also, I don't know why Steve Sinclair would get in trouble for giving dates, but if that's what he got in trouble for at Palm then that's pretty disappointing. My original statement was that whatever manager/director is responsible for this lack of support should be canned. This screw up has cost Palm a LOT of loyal Palm customers. Remember that slide with the Linux roadmap that was on another Palm enthusiast site a couple months ago? Remember t hat the linux portion of the roadmap implied it was the roadmap for it's PalmOS loyalists? Well how many of those loyalists do you really think are left now? Given that most of those loyalists are online and perusing these or other Palm forums where they're exposed to this big support phuk up, do you really think they're gonna have faith in the company to stand behind any of its future products? That responsible manager has cost Palm a lot of Palm loyalists. They're either jumping to blackberries, Apple, or even windows mobile.

    They are going to call me back. To try to work out the issues. She stated that they would not be able to give me a 755 in return but a 700 if they find out the phone is defective.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    now will those who did succeed with the update have to reinstall also??? uhg
    If you succeeded there is no problem. The problem is with installation. If you got it to install, you're a-okay.

    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  17. #17  
    Maybe I should sell my magical 700P, seems to be the only one that has been functioning flawlessly since day one, accepted the 1.10 update no problem, and has great reception and battery life!

    Thanks Palm for giving me the 1 in a million unit that works awesome!!
    +1
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    The advantage of a small claims suit is no lawyers can come in it has to be a representative from the company. Its you the judge and the rep, . . .
    Not true in NY. Lawyers are welcome.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    I tried to get a 755 from my local sprint store to replace one of the three I bricked over the last few days, but he said not until he runs out of 700s. Kinda makes me wanna stand there in the store bricking treos with the SD card install until they either cut me off, kick me out, or give me a 755 (or what the hell, find a 700 that will take the MR and take her home...).

    Perhaps that is what we need to do...get all the sprinters with insurance to go to the local sprint stores and have a brick party...
    kegger @ the Sprint store!!!

    Toga!!!!!!

    hahaha brick party thats epic.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Not true in NY. Lawyers are welcome.
    Lawyers are always allowed, but they are never *required* in small claims courts. The rules of evidence are relaxed as are forms of questioning, etc. It's less formal in almost every respect and meant for the average Joe to find relief in relatively small-damage cases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions