Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Now I'm going off my own experience here, but if you actually get through to corporate customer care then it's likely they'll take care of you so you won't need to go through your local court system. NOTE: you HAVE to start a case with Palm's customer service and have that case number ready when you call corporate solutions.

The contact info for corporate customer relations for palm is 407.531.4496 Option 2 and hours of operation are from 9 am - 8 pm est. Mon - Fri. Be nice, be civil; the folks who work on the other end of the phone here are nice, professional and pretty knowledgeable, including the fellow who took care of me. I remind you this is the last step, if this doesn't work, you won't get anything more out of Palm, and you should pursue your court solution. You likely won't get a solution right away (in fact it might take a day or two) but when these folks tell you they'll call you back, they always do so at least you can trust that.
    Uh, OK, your experience was WAY different than my is currently. I've been on a 2 day saga with Corporate Customer Care. These are the guys that told me that they were going to send me another 700p and that I had to call in to be walked thru the update. Walked thru the update. The update consisted of 1) plug in device, 2) run update, 3) don't touch device. Why would you require someone to be walked thru the update? I told them that I would only accept 1 of 2 options:

1) Send me a 700p with 1.10 installed
    2) Send me a 755p

The guy said that they couldn't send me a 755p. I told him that Palm could, he just didn't have the authority. He said they would call me back in 24 hours. 26 hours later I had to call them. I was not happy. He tried to tell me that they didn't call because they didn't have an answer for me. How about just an update? I told them that since they pulled the 1.10 (I don't care the reason) and since they were incapable of keeping their word to call me back in 24 hours, now only option 2 was acceptable. The guy didn't even know that the update was pulled and said that he didn't have the authority to do it and that everyone that did was in a meeting. EVERY ONE OF THEM. I told him that they were probably in there about the patch. I told him that I would call back in 2 hours if they haven't called by then. In the meantime I opened a case with Sprint as well. Now it's a foot race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    At this point, Palm should be offering up free 755p replacements for every 700p user who has had these issues because now they're gonna have to wait even longer for the update.

I can't believe someone at Palm hasn't been fired over this. If I was high up in Palm, you can bet I'd have a manager's head for this kind of a phuk up.
    palm is already offering 755s to a lot of people...you just have to go about it in the proper way..should be no problem at all with going though retentions.

how do you know people haven't already been fired?
    I called corporate customer care, I even spoke to a supervisor and nothing was done. The guy even read this forum, I called up on friday to tell them I was disappointed that the MR was not out and that my carrier had stepped up and replaced my phone with a new model.

Basically CCC told me since Sprint replaced my phone 3 times instead of Palm they wouldnt do anything. Yet I argued that when you call tech support on Palm they tell you to call Sprint and Sprint handles all the tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    palm is already offering 755s to a lot of people...you just have to go about it in the proper way..should be no problem at all with going though retentions.

how do you know people haven't already been fired?
    I think you may have some of your facts mixed up.

1) Palm didn't offer the a free upgrade to the 755p to anyone until this afternoon (apparently I was one of the first...after two days of phone calls with their 1st line Tech "Support" and so-called "Corporate Customer Care"...). Before that, Sprint had to come up to bat for the customers and replaced them with 755p's out of their own inventory.

2) Retentions would be Sprint, not Palm. Palm sells hardware, not a service, so why would Palm have a retentions department? They already have your money. Even if they did, what would they offer to an individual customer? Tech support? If you call in, Palm themselves tell you that Sprint supports that. If you meant Sprint retention, again way to step up Sprint.

I love Sprint's plan pricing but it's really, really sad when Sprint's support could be catagorized as better than Palm's.

I agree in that we don't know what fall out has occured. If it has, Palm needs to publicly state it (at least on the blog). I don't care about details, but I would like to know that SOMETHING happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    I think you may have some of your facts mixed up.

1) Palm didn't offer the a free upgrade to the 755p to anyone until this afternoon (apparently I was one of the first...after two days of phone calls with their 1st line Tech "Support" and so-called "Corporate Customer Care"...). Before that, Sprint had to come up to bat for the customers and replaced them with 755p's out of their own inventory.

2) Retentions would be Sprint, not Palm. Palm sells hardware, not a service, so why would Palm have a retentions department? They already have your money. Even if they did, what would they offer to an individual customer? Tech support? If you call in, Palm themselves tell you that Sprint supports that. If you meant Sprint retention, again way to step up Sprint.

I love Sprint's plan pricing but it's really, really sad when Sprint's support could be catagorized as better than Palm's.

I agree in that we don't know what fall out has occured. If it has, Palm needs to publicly state it (at least on the blog). I don't care about details, but I would like to know that SOMETHING happened.
    What is the number for Palm????
    How long until you get your new phone?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Here's my take on the update. I have been a long time vzw user. I have always maintained an account in good standing and even bought my 700p in may of '06 for the full retail price through vzw. I went through 5 (yes 5) 700p's. When the last one went in to a never ending reset, I called support, talked to tech support and they sent me a brand new 700p in the box. They said keep the old one, and do what you want with the new one. I took that one in and traded it in on a VX6700. (boy was that a mistake.) I used the vx 6700 for three weeks exactly (3 days beyond the return policy!) and couldn't take it any more. I switched my esn online back to the old 700p and used that for three more months. I figured I could wait for the MR to be released. Then I got the news about the MR not being available for vzw and thought for a moment.

Since my new every two just kicked in a week ago, I went to a local vzw store, spoke with the tech guy at the desk, advised him of my situation and started looking around. I had researched several dumb and smart phones prior to my going to the store. I asked the rep what he could do for me. Well, long story short, I have the a new samsung u740, extended battery, music kit, sd card, and car charger and clip for $30 bucks out the door and the guy transfered my contacts (all 400+) for free. I have had the u740 for a week, haven't even looked at the treo in a week and haven't looked back. Why did I do this? I read about the MR not being even available for vzw and I got tired of having resets 5 times a day. My life has been happy, more productive, I now have bluetooth that plays .wav files on all my headsets, google calendar, and email. I can play games if need be, watch video natively and even get the weather all while using a full qwerty keyboard in a phone half the size. If I need to do anything else, I fire up the laptop. I can't believe how happy and more productive my day is now. My wife has even noticed a difference in how much less time I spend fretting about my Treo. I voted with my wallet and am very happy with the decision. So long Plam, maybe I will be back, but I will just have to wait and see...................................
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermo View Post
    What is the number for Palm????
    How long until you get your new phone?
    Did you read what he wrote? Palm isnt doing crap unless palm has replaced your phone multiple times via palm tech support. And if you call up palm the tech support tells you to contact your service provider for service and help. I found out for corporate CC via Palm that the only way they will upgrade you or refund your money is if you have talked with Palms tech support, yet they did not understand when you call Palm they tell you to call sprint for help.. Despite being able to provide 3 serial numbers for old 700p's I had Palm would do nothing.

SOOO..

SPRINT YES SPRINT is stepping up to the plate and to make customers happy replacing 700p's with 755p's.

Now if you take a poll of the people who SPRINT NOT PALM has upgraded to 755p I bet you would find that 1. They have mutiple phones on the account or are a business account. 2. they have been with sprint for 3-4 years and pay the bill on time. 3. they have had multiple replacement 700p's.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Did you read what he wrote? Palm isnt doing crap unless palm has replaced your phone multiple times via palm tech support. And if you call up palm the tech support tells you to contact your service provider for service and help. I found out for corporate CC via Palm that the only way they will upgrade you or refund your money is if you have talked with Palms tech support, yet they did not understand when you call Palm they tell you to call sprint for help.. Despite being able to provide 3 serial numbers for old 700p's I had Palm would do nothing.

SOOO..

SPRINT YES SPRINT is stepping up to the plate and to make customers happy replacing 700p's with 755p's.

Now if you take a poll of the people who SPRINT NOT PALM has upgraded to 755p I bet you would find that 1. They have mutiple phones on the account or are a business account. 2. they have been with sprint for 3-4 years and pay the bill on time. 3. they have had multiple replacement 700p's.
    Sorry, I may not have been clear. PALM INC is sending me a 755p (I only bricked one 700p and that that was enough for me). I was stating that before this SPRINT was doing it (how people swung that I have no idea).

When PALM finally called me back, I got the IMPRESSION that they had just implemented an exchange-up policy for bricked 700p's to the 755p. I DID NOT CONFIRM THIS, I REITERATE, IT WAS JUST THE IMPRESSION THAT I GOT. I had to send the log of the updater to them and then FedEx my dead Treo (on Palm's bill) in it's "constantly rebooting state". The tech mentioned that I HAD to do this BEFORE they send out a new 755p to me because it was the "new policy", hence my impression. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll get it by Friday.

Look up my other posts if you want to see small snippets of my saga, I'll try to update what happened today later (that's whole 'nuther story). I'm tired from all of this, I'm going to bed now.
    Last edited by Andy Gallo; 06/07/2007 at 01:10 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12