Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted this on the general chat and was told to do more searching which was a valid point, I was being a little lazy.

Well now I've done some reaserch and have found the Sirius WM5. http://www.geekstoolbox.com/

1. Does this work on the 755?
    2. Anybody else listening to Sirius and to be more exact Howard Stern, on their 755? If so are you using this software, should I get this?
    Is Howie streaming online now??

listen to him daily on my 750
    Fred
    So far I have not seen any way to get sirius onto the Palm platform yet. I know you can get XM since I stream that via mobil musicdock. But have yet to run across a sirius equivalent to mobil musicdock.

For people who want XM http://mobile.musicdock.com/mobile/default.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    So far I have not seen any way to get sirius onto the Palm platform yet. I know you can get XM since I stream that via mobil musicdock. But have yet to run across a sirius equivalent to mobil musicdock.

For people who want XM http://mobile.musicdock.com/mobile/default.asp
    You can also stream XM with http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile. I haven't heard anything about a free way to stream Sirius yet.
    These XM sites look like you have to be a member to enter. Is this free or how do you sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    These XM sites look like you have to be a member to enter. Is this free or how do you sign up?
    You have to have an XM subscription or have the login info for someone else's. You can go to www.xmradio.com and log in to stream all of XM's content online but the site isn't mobile friendly. These two sites are pretty much just proxies for that. They use your login info to get you in and it's a pretty simple page which pulls the stream down in .asx format, which Kinoma 4 EX can play.
    Unfortunately, when the screen goes off, the streaming stops, or at least it did when I tried it. Are there settings that could be changed?

Tom
    I've heard about that, but never had the problem myself. If the screen goes off on its own, Kinoma keeps playing for me. Now if I go to another app, then it stops. What version of Kinoma are you using?
    You can get SIRIUS through Sprint. I am not sure if it includes Howard. Just go to the SprintTV icon on your 755p and look for SIRIUS Radio.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    You can get SIRIUS through Sprint. I am not sure if it includes Howard. Just go to the SprintTV icon on your 755p and look for SIRIUS Radio.
    Yeah but that's just a handful of channels, the ones Sprint was able to get for Vision customers. With the XM proxies, XM customers can stream every single channel that's available through the official website. I'm sure Sirius customers would love something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I've heard about that, but never had the problem myself. If the screen goes off on its own, Kinoma keeps playing for me. Now if I go to another app, then it stops. What version of Kinoma are you using?
    The built-in version.

Good to know.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    The built-in version.

Good to know.

Tom
    That explains it. You need Kinoma 4 EX to stream .asx, so that's what you need for XM. I never played much with the built in version of Kinoma so I'm not sure of its limitations, but 4 EX will keep streaming/playing with the screen off.
    Thanks Cash and lets go. This is all new to me. I thought I had seen some xm stuff on Sprint Radio.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post

Anyone else having trouble setting up a favorites list on the site?

The streaming works fine (with the full version of Kinoma 4). But anytime I click on the little "+" next to a station to add it to the favorites list I get a server error. I tried both on a PC and via the 755p.

Cool site, I just wish I could set up the favorites.
    I've been getting that error for a while. It worked when I first started using the site and I set one favorite. Now I get the same error you do so I'm stuck with just the one favorite, haha.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I've been getting that error for a while. It worked when I first started using the site and I set one favorite. Now I get the same error you do so I'm stuck with just the one favorite, haha.
    Oh well.

The support seems a bit iffy since the site says it won't work with Palm OS based phones. Obviously, they haven't heard of Kinoma.
    They still might be able to help. You can go to the site in any browser, I use it in IE and Firefox on my PC, and I get the same error. So it's clearly not a Palm related issue. I've just been too lazy to ask for help.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I sent a quick email to the support contact.

We'll see...
  20.    #20  
    So streaming sirius is a no go it seems. I know you can get the basic stuff that comes on the phone but I'm looking for all the chanels especially Howard Stern
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast