Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    uc,
    i stream howard to my 700p via a shoutcast server I have running at home.

the configuration (in simplest terms) is:

Hardware:
    PC - running 24/7 or whatever startup and shutdown schedule works for you.

Required Apps:
    Yahoo Widgets w/ the neoscrib Sirius widget
    No-IP.com Dynamic DNS update client
    Winamp w/ Shoutcast DSP plug-in
    Shoutcast server

How it goes together:
    The Sirius widget streams Howard 24/7, (it won't ask if you're still there every 2 hrs).
    Winamp-Shoutcast DSP 'listens' to the stream by selecting the "Stereo Mix" in the Windows Recording Controls.
    Shoutcast server streams it out to you,
    and No-IP gives you a constant url to use (if you don't have a static IP already).

On your Treo:
    Kinoma 4 and pTunes 3 & 4 full versions stream it without issue. You may need to play with the encoder sampling rates in the Shoutcast DSP to get the best mix of quality and reliability (mine is set to 64kbps, 44kHz, MONO, but I always have EVDO coverage). I can also access my home pc remotely should the stream go down for some reason, and it does intermittently crap out (once a week on average).

Caveat:
    I'm sure this is not a strictly legal arrangement, so I limit it the number of connections, and the server is not public. Basically, don't let the server stream address get out in to the wild and no one will care...

If this setup is of interest to you or anyone else, I may be able to put together a detailed how-to, but that may be asking for trouble in copyright land.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowt14 View Post
    uc,

Hardware:

Required Apps:
    Shoutcast server

How it goes together:
    The Sirius widget streams Howard 24/7, (it won't ask if you're still there every 2 hrs).
    Winamp-Shoutcast DSP 'listens' to the stream by selecting the "Stereo Mix" in the Windows Recording Controls.
    and No-IP gives you a constant url to use (if you don't have a static IP already).

On your Treo:
    Kinoma 4 and pTunes 3 & 4 full versions stream it without issue. You may need to play with the encoder sampling rates in the Shoutcast DSP to get the best mix of quality and reliability (mine is set to 64kbps, 44kHz, MONO, but I always have EVDO coverage). I can also access my home pc remotely should the stream go down for some reason, and it does intermittently crap out (once a week on average).

Caveat:
    I'm sure this is not a strictly legal arrangement, so I limit it the number of connections, and the server is not public. Basically, don't let the server stream address get out in to the wild and no one will care...

If this setup is of interest to you or anyone else, I may be able to put together a detailed how-to, but that may be asking for trouble in copyright land.
    one question... do u have to be a sirius subscriber to use the neoscrib Sirius widget?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Anyone else having trouble setting up a favorites list on the site?

The streaming works fine (with the full version of Kinoma 4). But anytime I click on the little "+" next to a station to add it to the favorites list I get a server error. I tried both on a PC and via the 755p.

Cool site, I just wish I could set up the favorites.
    Nope works fine for me.. But sometimes the site has issues so just try back later.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    one question... do u have to be a sirius subscriber to use the neoscrib Sirius widget?
    Absolutely, no free ride. You use the same login as you would if streaming with the sirius.com interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Nope works fine for me.. But sometimes the site has issues so just try back later.
    I've been getting this consistently for at least a few weeks. I'm in Firefox right now and when I click on the + next to the channel I get:

ADODB.Command error '800a0ea9'

Provider is not specified and there is no designated default provider.

/mobile/Favorite.asp, line 7
    So then I tried IE and got:

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the www.musicdock.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer
    uc,

Hardware:

Required Apps:
    Shoutcast server

How it goes together:

On your Treo:

Caveat:

I would love for you to put together a step by step how to on this. My brother has a ppc 6700 and is able to stream stern on his phone thanks to WM5. We both have Sirius accounts. I would love for there to be some way for me to do something similar on my treo 700p. Thanks in advance.

PS: If you do this, please make it as step by step easy as possible for those of us less technologically advanced.
  7.    #27  
    I agree, I would love to stream on my 755P
    I am having an issue when streaming XM with Kinoma 4 through the following link: http://mobile.musicdock.com/mobile/default.asp

When I'm listening to a certain channel for awhile, and the screen has gone off, when I hit the power button and then center button to get back to the Kinoma screen, it will go through and do a buffering but then it will come up with an error "Unsupported Audio Format (WMA 9 Voice)" with a short timeline of about 8 seconds and then will kick me back to the channel search screen.

Is anybody else getting this? Sometimes all I want to do is adjust the volume, but since the screen has gone off, I need to unlock the device to get control of the volume, then I get the error message. Sometimes it will just re-buffer and start playing the channel again, but most of the time I get the error message.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    type this into your blazer browser exactly as it printed here:

http://ss.siriusradio.com/Main_Menu.mcd

(capitalize the M's in Main and Menu; there is an underscore between Main and Menu)

these are the channels Sprint used to offer, but the link still works and gives you access to a handful of channels still
    uc,

Hardware:

Required Apps:
    Shoutcast server

How it goes together:

On your Treo:

Caveat:

Really brilliant. Thanks for sharing your set up.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I use the Palm client for my Slingbox at home. I can then play any of the DirectTV XM stations they broadcast. I Also get to play anything else on my Tivo as well. Sure beats the limited selection on SprintTV
    Adam West
    Is there any way to force the XM radio page to load and play through pTunes instead of Kinoma?
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    uc,
    I have a similar setup that I've been using to stream my favorite Sirius channel (via Dish Network) to my ancient Treo 600 for the past three years.

1) Dedicated DISH receiver connected to a computer running Shoutcast server in the garage (with a dedicated IP address).
    2) Listen via pTunes on the T600

Now I've got a new 755p on the way and will hopefully be able to bump up the sound quality since I will now be at EVDO speeds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12