Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    *edit* I spelled Sprint wrong. Mods, please fix, since the user cannot.

    So, as a BB convert, I peruse over here to read about the festival surrounding the MR release, only to see this on Palm's site:



    Sprint Treo 700p Update
    version 1.10

    We're sorry, but it's temporarily unavailable: We have received isolated reports of an installation issue, so we've removed the Sprint Treo 700p updater from our site. We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p updater available again as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

    If you have experienced an issue with the maintenance release installation, please contact us: 1-866-750-7256


    Last edited by ericshmerick; 06/05/2007 at 08:29 PM.
  2. #2  
    wtf!!!
  3. #3  
    Yup! I got the same message. How does this affect the people who already installed it!!!!
    GadgetAddict
    Mililani, HI

    Palm Pilot 1000>Palm V>Palm505>PalmT/T>Treo 650>Treo700p
  4. #4  
    We're doomed!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    *edit* I spelled Sprint wrong. Mods, please fix, since the user cannot.

    So, as a BB convert, I peruse over here to read about the festival surrounding the MR release, only to see this on Palm's site:



    Sprint Treo 700p Update
    version 1.10

    We're sorry, but it's temporarily unavailable: We have received isolated reports of an installation issue, so we've removed the Sprint Treo 700p updater from our site. We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p updater available again as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

    If you have experienced an issue with the maintenance release installation, please contact us: 1-866-750-7256


    Got a near new 700p... Anyone interested? It's really low maintenance, wait... it's NO maintenance... That's what I get for giving up the CrackBerry!
  6. #6  
    You know, I am glad that mine bricked because there is no telling what the update will do to the phones that it worked on.
    I feel lucky.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jontsujimura View Post
    Yup! I got the same message. How does this affect the people who already installed it!!!!

    I'm sure we're okay since we had successful installations. This probably has to do with the fact that it took multiple installs to get it to work.
    ----

    Sprint Treo 700p
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHannah View Post
    CrackBerry!


    That is too funny!!!!!

    Next time, I am going to WAIT a whole month!
    Unless of course it might get me closer to a 755!
  9. #9  
    Maybe it had to do with the blurry font?
  10. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    I'm sure we're okay since we had successful installations. This probably has to do with the fact that it took multiple installs to get it to work.
    Yes, they are most likely just going to try and resolve the installation issues. This is the first time I remember people having so many problems with a MR update.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jontsujimura View Post
    Yup! I got the same message. How does this affect the people who already installed it!!!!
    It doesn't affect me at all, it's still on my phone!!!

    (Besides, they mention it's an "installation issue", if you already have it, that bullet is dodged).

    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    (Besides, they mention it's an "installation issue", if you already have it, that bullet is dodged).

    Gary
    Now why would they admit guilt? Noooooo Not PALM!
  13. #13  
    crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  14. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
    You appear to be in a loop. Take your battery out yet?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    You appear to be in a loop. Take your battery out yet?
    That was funny!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  16. #16  
    Must have been tired of giving out new 755s to replace the bricked 700s. Glad I got mine already.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
    QFT


  18. #18  
    I am po'd beyond words. I am SO quitting you palm.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  19. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #19  
    here's the psot on the palm blog:

    We're sorry, but the Sprint Treo 700p maintenance release (MR) is temporarily unavailable. We have received isolated reports of an installation issue that causes the device to continuously reset when applying the software update, so we've removed the update from our site. We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p update available again as soon as possible. We know this has been a frustrating process for customers and apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

    If you have experienced difficulty with the maintenance release installation, please contact us so we can work with you to resolve the issue: 866-750-7256.

    We don't have a target date for when we can make the Treo 700p MR available for Verizon Wireless users.

    Also, we currently don't have plans to issue a MR for other carriers because the ROM software already contains many of the features that are included in the Sprint and Verizon Wireless updates (e.g. many of the Bluetooth improvements and MP3 playback).

    Paul Loeffler - Palm, Inc.
  20. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Must have been tired of giving out new 755s to replace the bricked 700s. Glad I got mine already.
    its what they ought to do anyhow for us all beta testing the 755 for the last year
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions