Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The MR didn't fix my BT issues. Called palm to complain - didn't get anywhere. Called Sprint and got forwarded to their Customer Care dept. Long story short, getting a free 755. I am hoping it works better than the 700p.
    Did you have to sign a new 2 year?
    Same here. Had to sign a new 2 year but I got my 700p less than 6 months ago so it was fine with me. Free overnight shipping too.
  4.    #4  
    rep didn't say anything about a new contract. From my understanding, it is a warranty replacement. I am going to keep a close eye on the contract though.
    OK, after getting hosed at the store yesterday I called to complain. End result - Account Services is replacing my six month old bricked 700P with a new 755. I offered to extend my contract, which I think helped - they also said this would not affect my SERO plan.
    I gotta say, congrats on your new phone. I was in a sprint store for 1.5 hrs yesterday and got a new 700p, the 755 never came up, but I didn't press the issue.

The reason I didn't press the issue is because while I was waiting at the store I played with a 700p and a 755 side by side. I did a real world benchmark test for each one at the same time and was amazed with the results.

I tested lag from browser to pda, pda to phone, and phone to browser (and vice versa for each) and noticed each one had exactly the same lag time changing fomr each function. I also testing blazers ability to render webpages (www.treocentral.com) and found that although the 755 started faster, in the end they were both within tenths of a second of each other when rendering the pages and navigating through the different webpages. These were consistent, and I repeated them several times to make sure I wasn't missing something, but the test results were repeatable over and over.

I for one, am not convinced the 755 is any faster. However, I don't have the issues with bluetooth and other stuff that many have with their 700p, so that may be the step-up.

Enjoy your new phone when you get it, just don't expect the lag to be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertramp2k View Post
    The MR didn't fix my BT issues. Called palm to complain - didn't get anywhere. Called Sprint and got forwarded to their Customer Care dept. Long story short, getting a free 755. I am hoping it works better than the 700p.
    What number did you call?
    I am getting nowhere with Sprint. They cant even guarentee me a NEW phone. I will get a refirbished phone. That is BS!
    Make sure when you call be very very very nice and sound sincere. Keep trying and eventually you will speak with a very symphatetic rep that will give you what you want or atleast try their best. I went from 600 to 650 for free and 650 to 700 close to free. Had my original 1 yr old 700 replaced with a New one. The last thing you wanna do throw a tantrum at a rep. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermo View Post
    What number did you call?
    I am getting nowhere with Sprint. They cant even guarentee me a NEW phone. I will get a refirbished phone. That is BS!
    Check out the following thread. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=cost Lots of tips there. I upgraded my wife's 650 to a 755p for $22 and exchanged my 700p for another 755p. Once I returned my 700p they gave me a refund on my account for the total amount of the 700p. I guess that was for pain and suffering I had to extend my contract for 2 years. But I have been with Sprint since 1999. So that was no issue for me.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Make sure when you call be very very very nice and sound sincere. Keep trying and eventually you will speak with a very symphatetic rep that will give you what you want or atleast try their best. I went from 600 to 650 for free and 650 to 700 close to free. Had my original 1 yr old 700 replaced with a New one. The last thing you wanna do throw a tantrum at a rep. Good luck.
    I want to echo the sentiment here. When I spoke to sprint rep I was calm and sincere. I wasn't making up a bunch of lies, nor was I flying off the hook. I explained my issues, and asked, "what can you do for me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I keep getting North Carolina people who are NOT very sympathetic.
    What exactly should I say? I mean, I told them that even if they give me another 700p, its going to do the same thing. I will just have to return it.
    This is stupid! She told me I would have to keep going in the store until they had no more 700p. I am having to WAIT for this one already!
    To everyone getting a 755p: How well do your old SD Cards work in it???

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I had my 700p for one year. I called through customer care twice and they would only give me another 700p. I was very nice . I then tried retention an hour ago and he gave me:

1. 755p for 70 bucks
    2. upgrade from 500 free text to unlimited for free
    3. 15% of my bill
    4. I did extend for another 2 years
    5. Overnight shipping for free on my new phone

I thought this seemed reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    To everyone getting a 755p: How well do your old SD Cards work in it???
    I would guess they don't work since the 755 uses a miniSD.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    ok so I called sprint... after 3 phone calls they extended my warranty (I have my 700p a year and 2 weeks) and they informed me that I can go to any sprint store and exchange my 700p for the 755p at no cost... I made sure she noted that in the account and will be going to my sprint store tomorrow. 700p has way too many issues and the 755p just seems more stable to me. At least that is what I have been reading. Am I wrong in thinking the 755p is more stable?

Anyway, after 2 guys.. when I finally spoke to a woman on the phone.. she was super nice and understood my frustrations with this product. at first she was goingto give me the 755p for the 279.00 web price but she said it would better to just stop by the sprint store and pick one up free under the extended warranty she gave me... I think I made out pretty good on the deal...

KAOS
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    OK. Get this. I just got off the phone with Sprint.

I did the update on my 700p on Monday. The phone bricked. I got a new phone from the Sprint Store on Monday and did the update. Today, my new phone started dropping calls and rebooting. This is actually my 4th 700p. At any rate, after speaking to a Tech rep, not only am I getting a 755 (burgundy) to replace the 700p, but I'm getting it for free. Straight accross trade. Actually, that's not completely accurate. They're giving me a $30.00 credit as well. They're paying me $30.00 to get a new 755!!! I did NOT have to extend my contract.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    i guess the 755p is the actual 700p update.. lol
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    i guess the 755p is the actual 700p update.. lol
    Gotta love it. An update that pays me. I still can't believe it.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am very happy for everyone, if I only waited another few weeks :-(

I paid $430 for a new 755p the week it came out! I was 1yr 2mo's into the 700p. I should've complained that the 700p was broken or at least waited till the MR came out. At least I was able to sell the 700p for $300 :-)
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Called tonight and my account is being transfered to another billing system so they can't do anything of 2-4days???

I would like to hear the approach you guys are using.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast