Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Isn't insurance for warranty such as broken, stolen, dropped? Not fauly piece of crap 700p?
    Thats what I thought but apparently if you have insurance and your phone gets replaced through Asureon, it will count against your 3 allowed yearly replacements for whatever the reason. How do I know? Through the course of a year I had my 700 replaced 3 times all due to faulty piece of crap 700p. I never paid the $50 deductible either. This last time around after I did the MR update my phone got worse. On one occasion I was finally given the green light for a replacement and was transferred over to Asureon. Asureon kindly told me no due to me using my 3 yearly replacements with them and that was that. I called Sprint back to cancel my insurance since I obviously wasn't going to be paying for something I wasn't going to use for a year and was told that if I did cancel the insurance I would no longer be able to add it to my account. So it looks like I got stuck with the crappy 700 and still paying for insurance. I can't use it even if I really do accidentally drop, break or have my phone stolen.

    I went almost a week and half back and forth with Sprint trying to get some sort of replacement, I even asked for another pre-MR 700p but the most I was offered was $175 towards a new phone purchase.
  2. #122  
    herbie,

    I know it doesn't make it right but I think the only reason why they are sending me another 700p is that contacted the retention department and since I'm out of contract. They are generally willingly to bend over backwards. The first question they ask when u speak to retention is Are you wanting to cancel service today? U respond with no hesistation... YES! Act as if you don't care if there is a ETF.

    their number is 1-877-349-4413

    good luck..

    post in this thread the result
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkwan View Post
    herbie,

    I know it doesn't make it right but I think the only reason why they are sending me another 700p is that contacted the retention department and since I'm out of contract. They are generally willingly to bend over backwards. The first question they ask when u speak to retention is Are you wanting to cancel service today? U respond with no hesistation... YES! Act as if you don't care if there is a ETF.

    their number is 1-877-349-4413

    good luck..

    post in this thread the result
    I tried again last night with retentions and still got offered $175 towards a new phone. The gentleman kept on saying that he wished how he could do more but all he could do was the $175 and have the remainder charged to my account in 30 days. He even let me know that since I have 2 lines on my account I would pay double the ETF. I once again let him know my situation and how I feel very very screwed by Sprint and how they have dealt with my situation poorly. At one point he asked what it was that I wanted and told him I wanted a working phone and would be more than happy to get a 700p without the MR update. I kept on getting the same response from him and how my situation with Asureon is something they can't do anything about because thats Asureons policy. I ended up canceling the insurance anyways since he did let me know that once I do get a new phone I can again insure it.

    Overall, I got the same offer from Sprint. I'm convinced that there must be some sort of system on how Sprint deals with their costumers. I don't see how others have gotten replacements and I keep getting offered the $175 towards a new phone.
  4. #124  
    Hmm... I can't seem to think of a way to help. I'll be helping my employee trying to get a replacement 700p because after the MR I told him to install his MOT H700 BT headset doesn't function correctly anymore.

    I'll post here if I have any luck twice.

    BTW... My 700p arrived today but to my surprise they sent me a brand spanking new 700wx. I called retention and they said they were going to re-order me a phone because the 700p are no longer available! After 20 mins or so they said your order has been placed. But she didn't coudln't confirm what I would recieve. She was required to replace it with a 700p and not a 755.

    So I went the sprint store, and just told them that they sent me the wrong and can you swap it out for the correct model. And within 45 mins!!! Voila!

    I'm syncing all of my stuff into my new 755p!

    Herbie... if i can find any words that work... I'll be posting here!
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
  5. #125  
    Finally I got a response from sprint e-care telling me to go to a sprint store to replace for a 755p!

    You don't want to know what I wrote in the email.... lol
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Finally I got a response from sprint e-care telling me to go to a sprint store to replace for a 755p!

    You don't want to know what I wrote in the email.... lol
    This is what I mean on how I'm certain Sprint has some sort of policy on who they can do this for. Maybe my account isn't a big money spender, maybe because I've gotten to many replacements or maybe because I have a credit limit. Who knows but you guys really have made it seem to darn easy by the looks of it.
  7. howiej1's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #127  
    You say the call center in NC is bad, but the one in Canada is completely unsympathetic and does not understand anything you say to them. For example, if you read one of my posts, I tell how I spent four hours on the phone with a Manager from Sprint, after also filing a complaint with Palm. I had explained to her that not only am I paying extra 7 bucks for the so-alled Full Service, but my 700p was still under the one year warranty and Palm told me to cal Sprint. Therefore, I was not going to pay the $50.00 dedeuctable because the phone should be covered by the original warranty. Also, in the entire city of San Francisco, only 1 store has a tech. They use to have at least 3 or 4. Anyway, she agreed to send me a 700P new or refurb. Then she leaves me a voicemail saying she is sorry, but unable to find any 700p"s, so she is sending me a 755. I don't want a 755, considering howe much money in accessories I have bought. SO, since she left no callback info, I caked CS and wound up in the Newfoundland call center. I explained to her about my earlier call and that they should cancel the order because I did not want it. This is the Verbatim response she gave " i'm sorry sir but you have received too many financial and ser ice breaks over the past years (been with Sprint since 1998) and therefore we can't offer you any more discounts." WHAT????? I was asking myself "what the hell is she talking about?" I did not want any $ or service, I merely wanted my phone fixed or replaced !!! I gave up......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermo View Post
    I keep getting North Carolina people who are NOT very sympathetic.
    What exactly should I say? I mean, I told them that even if they give me another 700p, its going to do the same thing. I will just have to return it.
    This is stupid! She told me I would have to keep going in the store until they had no more 700p. I am having to WAIT for this one already!
  8. #128  
    I sent e-care an e-mail this morning. I called tech support originally and she had no idea what she was talking about. Her best was saying they had problems with the MR release and they will re-release it and it will take care of the problems the first release caused. She had the attitude she was correct and no one could tell her any differently. And of course, her favorite idea: Hard reset! Yes, that always solves all probems. She said all she could do was tell me to hard reset it when i asked her what we can do about all of the problems I'm having with the phone. Lets see what i get from e-care.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    This is what I mean on how I'm certain Sprint has some sort of policy on who they can do this for. Maybe my account isn't a big money spender, maybe because I've gotten to many replacements or maybe because I have a credit limit. Who knows but you guys really have made it seem to darn easy by the looks of it.
    Oh guess what happened... Went to sprint store.. NO WE CAN'T GIVE YOU A 755 $35 for a F***ING 700p replacement F*** SPRINT WTF!

    TY Sprint e-care for writing BS notes on my account that didn't do anything!
  10. #130  
    So they did not honor what they wrote in the e-mail or the account notes???
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmed View Post
    So they did not honor what they wrote in the e-mail or the account notes???
    That's right and I even showed them the email, "No we cannot do that." BS
  12. #132  
    I had been dealing with Sprint for the past couple of weeks regarding an unfair exchange for my IP-830W. The IP-830W started having hardware issues just like before so I called customer service to try and get them to send me another one. They told me that I'd have to go to a local repair center first to have it looked at. The repair center looked at it, but didn't know how to fix it (they had never seen an IP-830W before). They told me they couldn't order another one and that they didn't have anything equivalent in stock. I needed a working phone though and all they had was a Treo 700P so I took it. I wasn't happy about it, but I had a working phone.

    After I got home with the 700P I found that the spacebar and menu buttons didn't work. So I called the store and told them about it. They said they'd order another refurb. 700P and it would take a week. I tried to tell them that I want something equivalent to my 830W, but they just told me, "Sorry, we can't order another one and we don't have anything equivalent.". I was pissed at that point so I called customer service and told them the whole story. The agent put me on hold and told me that they couldn't do anything since the repair center sent the 830W back to Samsung already. I hung up. I called again the next day and told the agent my story. This time the agent transferred me to retentions. They weren't any help though since I have a low-end plan (the $30 SERO plan) and am early on in my two-year contract.

    This went on for about a week (calling Sprint CS everyday to try and get a helpful agent). Finally, today I mentioned to the agent that I was seriously dropping Sprint, filing a complaint with the BBB and getting an iPhone and AT&T service. The agent then told me to hold on. A couple of minutes later the agent told me that they have a blue 700P and a return kit on the way. It's still not an equivalent trade (they should have given me a 6800), but it's still better than the quasi-functional, refurb. 700P the repair center gave me.
  13. #133  
    I am seriously thinking of paying full price and poutting this thing on e-bay. I am torn on what to do though, I have many palm programs (which were not cheap). I do not know whether to pay full price for the 755 or go with the 6800. Its funny, the 755 is MORE than the 6800 full price.
  14. #134  
    Hello people!

    Just wanted to add to the discussion that the SD MP bricked my phone on Sunday night. I followed the direction step by step as posted on the Palm site. Did the back-up, then the hard reset, then inserted SD card. It updated both the ROM and Firmware. When it started up after the updates, it gets through the calibration of the digitizer screen but then reboots. I tried hard resets several times with Palm on the phone but no luck. Palm was going to charge me $25 to send me another 700P with 1.08 firmware on it since they "can only do a like for like equipment swap". Um, no thanks.
    Called Sprint customer retention but they said they would only send me a 700p and would not upgrade me to a 755p. Even after being with Sprint for 10 years and recommending them and getting credit for new customers. He said I was not eligible for a phone upgrade since I bought the phone in September of last year. I told him I now understand why Sprint customer service is always listed last in survey polls and I would add my name to that list. (Consumer Reports, et al)
    I called the Sprint store near my house that does service and asked them if they had any 700p phones. Nope, just 755p. Bingo! Took the phone to the store to let them diagnose the problem. 30 minutes later, I had a new 755p in my hands.
    So, best thing to do, if you brick your phone in my opinion, is call the repair store to see if they have any 700p in stock. Most will not since Sprint end of life the product in May. If they do not have it, they have to replace it with the 755p. The guy at the store was nice enough to thank me for my continual loyalty to Sprint and gave me a $50 credit on my account. Close to a payment for a month.

    With that said, Palm support was absolutely atrocious and a nightmare to deal with on the phone. I was accused, at one point, of being a liar and bricking my phone intentionally to get a new phone. I have his name and number so I will be writing a letter to corporate. I don't expect much to come of it since the incident was dealing with "old technology" and not a current concern on their radar. The other part that floored me about Palm was the refusal to send a 755p or a 700p with the 1.10 patch integrated and working. He could not grasp the circular logic of sending me a 700p with 1.08, me doing the patch to get it to 1.10, possibly getting it bricked again, and having to call to go through this exercise again. I guess that script he was reading from was very firm and did not have a branch for that logic. It was funny to hear his native accent come out when he was frustrated when I was trying to wear him down.
  15. #135  
    You got lucky, the 4 yes 4 stores I went to all had 700p's to the roof
  16. #136  
    retentions offerred me a new treo 755 for $179...

    i am thinking that is good being that i can sell my treo 700p for at least 200 on ebay

    but is the upgrade really helpful from the treo 700p to 755?
    i would have to buy another 4gb card, any recommendations?
    i am currently using a transcend 150x 4gb sd card and works good with tomtom

    how is everyone resetting 755 device when it freezes, being that they took away reset button, u have to take phone out of case then remove battery cover then remove battery????
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    retentions offerred me a new treo 755 for $179...

    i am thinking that is good being that i can sell my treo 700p for at least 200 on ebay

    but is the upgrade really helpful from the treo 700p to 755?
    i would have to buy another 4gb card, any recommendations?
    i am currently using a transcend 150x 4gb sd card and works good with tomtom

    how is everyone resetting 755 device when it freezes, being that they took away reset button, u have to take phone out of case then remove battery cover then remove battery????
    The 755 uses a MiniSD card

    I remove my battery when resetting. Not a big deal IMO
  18. #138  
    Same here.
    Matty
  19. #139  
    If you use a skin case like Palm's flexi-skins or BoxWave and JavoEdge's silicone skins, taking the battery out of your frozen Treo can become a hassle.
  20. #140  
    i bought a treo 600 used of craigslist and after i did a frimware update i couldent here anything so i took it to sprint they dident even charge me the 55 doller upgrade fee
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions