Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Question for those who now have a 755p. If it weren't for the lag and reset issues on the 700p, is it worth the upgrade? Assuming you have to spend more $$$ for an SD Card, and now probably an extended battery, a new case. Kinda sux you now have to spend more money than you originally did just to get a more stable device but pretty much exactly the same.

After my MR update I still get some resets and some lag but not as much. I'm contemplating on the upgrade (even for free) if I have to shell out additional $$ to replace my SD to mini's, Get an additional battery (I have spare for my 700), and a new case.

How much have each of you spent additional?
    Looking at the 755 forum, it really seems that the current 700p (with a working MR and a few selected files from the 755 ROM - the contacts and Google maps for example) gives you the same quirks, stability (or instability depending on your viewpoint) and program versions as the 755 - in an slightly changed form factor - or am I missing something?

Unfortunately, Palm loves to changes things that aren't broken on each new version of the Treo.

The 600 to 650 swap required all new accessories. Not only were the connections different but the size and layout was different as well.

The 700 had another layout and another, ever so slightly different, form factor - just enough that the 650 cases, holsters and car cradles don't fit quite right. I've not noticed any improvement (or for that matter and differences in feel) of the shape of the 700 case.

At least the cables, batteries and sync cradles still work - even if the cradle isn't spot on.

Now the 755 uses a different memory card, yet a new case design and a new battery.

That said, the 700 (aside from the post-MR tones-that-you-can't-turn-off issue) is head and shoulders above the 650. Adding the mapping fuctionality to Contacts with a handful of files from the 755ROM makes this a pretty fine machine right out of the box.
    Cheers

Charles
    As it has been said many times.....The 755p is really what we all wanted out of the 700p.

It is better then my 600 and 700p pre and post MR. Not 100% but no Palm device will be. The issues just need to be small enough to manage and the 755p, so far, is much better then my 700p.

I am quite sure most 700p users would pay the $40-$60 for a new SD card if it lead to their 700P working better..... If you can get a 755p for cheap then do it, you'll be happy. I wouldn't pay $300+ for a 755p, but it is a better and the cost on this UPGRADE is up to you.

We all know in November the new Treos will be out and the 755p will be old news.
    ^Without the MR, I would agree with you. I like the 755 (wife got it), but it is NOT an upgrade to my post-MR 700. Smaller battery, 4GB max instead of 8GB, same EXACT performance. You are right that the 755 is what I wanted out of the 700 - and now it is, albeit over a year later. I can probably keep the 700 for another year or two if the Linux Treo ain't all that.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Just called again today they transfered me to palm and palm asked me to pay $25 to get a POS 700p again F' That I am going to verizon when they release a new treo I can't take this BS anymore.
    sprint retention offered me $179 which I took. I get to keep the phone.. ebay them for about $260

sounds good deal to me..

what do you guys think?
    I'd like to get a 755, but is retentions the only way to go? I do not want to threated to cancel, since I just signed up for a new plan. They would probably think it is an idle threat, but this 700p is getting annoying.
    go to thw sprint store & just get them to give you a warranty replacment for the 700. then as they are processing it, ask if they have any 755 refurbs available yet. that is what I did & I am getting it in a few days. I am not sure if they are officially allowed to swap a 700 for a 755 new but I know it is easier if it is a refurb 755 & the rep is nice :-)
    I was thinking about that but i was not sure if enough time had gone by where they would do a swap like that (if they had anymore 700p they were giving away as replacements). Did you tell them it just dind't work right?
    Well at first he said I could not get a 755 as a replacement unless they ran out of 700's. He had also mentioned that since the 755 is so new, no refurbs were available for that yet. But even then I still wouldn't get one unless all 700's were out. But he then "found" a 755 refurb in the system. So it can be done. I mean he didn't say it was refurb but I assume so as why wouldn't he just give me one in the store if it was new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Just called again today they transfered me to palm and palm asked me to pay $25 to get a POS 700p again F' That I am going to verizon when they release a new treo I can't take this BS anymore.
    YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE... Next time you get a Treo, I suggest you get insurance and then Sprint can work with you instead of being transfered to Palm.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I tried the 700p MR update on Friday night following the instructions exactly as outlined on Palm's site. At the end of the update my Treo went into an endless reset loop, even hard resets wouldn't get it out of the loops. Basically, my phone was bricked. I took it into the Sprint store Saturday morning where they took a look at it for about 10 minutes before verifying that it was toasted. I didn't even have to ask for the upgrade, they just handed me a 755p and gave me instructions on some differences that I would see between the 700p and the 755p. I don't have the insurance, I did not have to extend my contract and I paid nothing for the new phone. I am very happy with the outcome so far and besides the form factor there is very little difference from the 700p.
    Guys,

I have been dealing with Sprint on this for about a week. After reading all the messages in this thread I decided to give it a go. I've got a long history of reported problems on file with Sprint and called retentions. They were so unresponsive I actually was ready to fire them and get an iPhone. I sent one last email to Sprint telling them how I couldn't believe they were this unhelpful. Someone called me RIGHT BACK and offered me the free phone plus upgrading my SERO plan to the latest version, etc if I'd renew for 2 years. I said "OK, but i don't believe you'll do it." this has cost me HOURS on the phone since as they have not yet sent me the new device.

If it ever shows up, I'll be thrilled (if it works.) I love my 700p but the resets and crappy reception kill me. I don't want a new phone, I've paid a lot for Chatter, Warden, Mundu and many other apps. I just want this one to work.
    I agree. After looking at all Ive spent on software, it's probably a few hundred bucks. My problem is that mine is not bricked, it is just annoying as hell. Crappy reception, bluetooth still stinks, sluggish. i think they will see this and just tell me to deal with it. I mean, I have insurance, but I would rather they replace it on a warranty replacement.
    FYI--------
    guys..to me the 755 doesn't have as good as reception as my 700p did. I live on the edge of sprint service areas and the 700p seemed to have a stronger signal.

Cheers
    okay i' having no luck! THe CSA agents sees that i have Lockline insurance and that i'm eligible for the $150 discount. So she wants to use those options.

I just ask to speak with a supervisor and i'm on hold.

For the people whom have luck recently with a upgrade to the 755, can you be very specific with what you may have said to move the conversation over from the above options to replacing it with another 700 or 755.

thanks!
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    FYI--------
    guys..to me the 755 doesn't have as good as reception as my 700p did. I live on the edge of sprint service areas and the 700p seemed to have a stronger signal.
    This is interesting to me. Do you guys think it's the lack of an external antenna?
    ah break through.. I said that i didn't have time to go a sprint store because of my busy work schedule and... Voila almost instantly

Let me send you out another 700p. Now the question is how do i get them to convert that order to a 755?
    I was on the phone with sprint tech support for 45 min. Then was sent to the sprint store and wait for 30 min. The tech there said nothing I didn't already no. Then I was given a new 755p About an 1-1/2 of my time but a new 755p we'll worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE... Next time you get a Treo, I suggest you get insurance and then Sprint can work with you instead of being transfered to Palm.
    Isn't insurance for warranty such as broken, stolen, dropped? Not fauly piece of crap 700p?
    master1m,

can you please elaborate? what issues did u have? were they repeatable for the tech?

what did you tell them when they asked," you are eligible for a $75/$150 discount" or well you can use that red phone and contact Lockline/Asureon for a replacement.

Did you have to yell or ask for the manager of the store?

thank you for any help. I should recieve my new 700p tomorrow and i'll goto a sprint sotre and see if they'll exchange it for a 755p
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast