Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I thought I remember hearing a lot of complaints and problems with the 755..

Is this correct?

Not at all...we have 2 755p at home since the week of May 21...rock solid.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    ^YES! My wife's 2nd 755P (1st had evdo radio problem) is as solid as my post-MR 700P. Very happy with both treos now.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Well, contrats to those of you that were able to squeeze a new 755P out of SPrint.

After all my issues, I recieved a new 700P and then service store installed the working MR update onto the phone when I picked it up. So I was able to replace my year old 700P with a new one, and get the correct MR update.

So far so good on the update... Hardly notice any lag between programs, and browsing seems quicker than my old 700P.

Just a side note, the Service stores have the actual MR update that will not harm your phone. The rep I worked with said Palm sent out SD cards with the working patch.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
    Just a side note, the Service stores have the actual MR update that will not harm your phone. The rep I worked with said Palm sent out SD cards with the working patch.
    Hmmm thats interesting. Do you know if that was after the MR was pulled?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hmmm thats interesting. Do you know if that was after the MR was pulled?
    Yes, I picked up my new 700P yesterday which was originally not updated. I showed the rep the old versions of 'contacts', etc... and he took it to the back and they uploaded the patch.

He said the patch was directly from Palm for Sprint Service centers. And as I said above, everything is working perfectly fine at this moment (knock on wood).
    I ended up getting a Palm rep conferenced in on my retentions call. Palm rep took my information and is sending me a new 700p. Oh well, no 755, but a new 700p with warrantee again is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I called sprint today, talked to retentions.

My story was that Sprint took my 650 that worked great and forced a 700p upon me because they were out of stock on the 650.

I explained I was aware the phone had problems but was patient to wait for the MR. I said the phone still has problems after the MR.

Then I went on to saying if sprint could just give me a 700p as an even trade from the 650, why cant they give me a 755. I even offered to renew my 2 year (currently not in contract) if he could hook it up.

The rep acknowledged that he has heard alot of bad things about the 700p and this is what he offered me.

$279.99 for the 755p
    - $150.00 for upgrade eligibility
    - $90.00 service credit because ive been a customer since 1998
    - $100 mail in rebate if I renew my contract.

So i actually make $70, and get to keep my 700p that is 2 months old (not refurb) which I will probably sell on ebay.

Well, it turns out good 'ol Murray f*cked me over. Today I called to see if I could get a tracking number and guess what - no order was ever placed.

The deal that he said 'sounds too good to be true' in fact was.

The retentions lady wanted to sell me the phone at $579 and apply those rebates for a final price of $239.99. I said NO! how could the other guy promise this and you cant honor it. She said he made a mistake. I said I didnt care and I wanted the phone for the deal I was promised. She refused. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with this lady. She told me if she gives me the phone at that price it would be fraud on her part. I said oh yeah? You know what's fraud, selling this piece of **** Treo 700p for $649, thats fraud. She told me its not Sprints fault, but Palms. Again, I said oh yeah? Well maybe your company should practice some quality control and know what kind of phones you're selling to people that pay good money for.

Still, she was not budging and kept repeating herself. I told her to not offer me the phone again at $579.99 and that we should contact Murray in canada to see what he was smoking when he offered me the deal of the century.

Then I told her Im sure she got the memo saying not to give anymore 755s out for 700p but that Sprint needs to eat their mistake (aka the 700p as a result) and give me a new phone. I told her that Ive dealt with their tactics before and its not a matter of corporate policy, its a matter of how much the rep wants to help.

An hour later, I called back. Didnt mention the previous call, but the call about the original deal. I briefly explained my problem and this woman said Im going to notate your account so you can just go to any sprint store and exchange it out.

So I did, and now I have the 755. I win.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Call retentions today. I told them I was having bluetooth troubles since applying the MR. (My bluetooth was fine before the MR.) I was put on hold and he came back in about 4 minutes saying that he could offer me a 755p as a replacement (no cost). My 700p is a little over a year old. I did not yell or complain. I just told him I had a problem with my 700p, I had waited a year for the MR and now it was causing me more problems. He asked if I was considering leaving Sprint over this and I said yes. I never asked for the 755p. He offered it. Should arrive with a replacement kit in a few days.
    Question for those who now have a 755p. If it weren't for the lag and reset issues on the 700p, is it worth the upgrade? Assuming you have to spend more $$$ for an SD Card, and now probably an extended battery, a new case. Kinda sux you now have to spend more money than you originally did just to get a more stable device but pretty much exactly the same.

After my MR update I still get some resets and some lag but not as much. I'm contemplating on the upgrade (even for free) if I have to shell out additional $$ to replace my SD to mini's, Get an additional battery (I have spare for my 700), and a new case.

How much have each of you spent additional?
    Last edited by aznmode; 06/19/2007 at 07:05 PM.
    ^I posted this in the 755 forum: lags are equal to 700 post-MR. I know it's hard for some to believe but it's true. Compared my wife's 755 to my 700 side by side. Would you believe I'm posting right now with PDAnet over BT and listening to Ptunes with no skipping? That's also true.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    man I have heard so many varying results in getting sprint to do an upgrade. i was unsuccessful with 3 reps today. They were all retentions & executive services (higher up then retentions). they all swore up & down that this is not policy & I would have to pay full price for any different model. they were all rude & unsympathetic. they said that they cannot exchange these phones for phones that just came out. basically eveything they were saying were lies when I see this thread here! is it a matter of getting the right rep OR do certain people who spend more on their bills get special treatment? I have heard this theory before. I only spend $55 a month so they are not making much of me. Or I have also heard that reps can make nasty notes on your accounts that say "no more upgrades" or something to that effect. I wonder. Anyway, I am going to keep trying different tactics...

here is something interesting I read over at sprintusers:

Its on your customer rating (sero customers with extra perks who are recent sprint customers will not be highly rated) and your ability to have a polite conversation.

Sprint rates their customers from 0 to 5 or 6 dollar signs. A customer on a SERO plan may be an average of $ or $$ depending on the plan and their length of time with sprint. Getting 200 bonus minutes and possibly other perks likely puts you at $. You call up asking for a deal on a new phone, and the rep rightly tells you that your $30 sero plan doesnt qualify for a discount on a phone, and if it did it would be $75.

GO FIGURE!
    Last edited by treoneo; 06/19/2007 at 11:44 PM.
    Just speculation on my part:

Either Sprint is just keeping up with the work load or they have a fairly sophisticated system of rating.

I have been a customer since 89 and spent 100 bucks + a month. I have called into retentions twice with every intention of going to Verizon.
    My perception is Verizon better coverage. Sprint is cheaper.

Get this... if I look on the web site I'm eligible for an equipment upgrade 4/2007. If I try to exercise that at a store and *2 I get 1/2008.
    I even paid cash for my last phone upgrade the 700p. I did however get a great plan. I would guess retentions has a little Gross Profit dialog box on the screen for every customer. Everything is linked equipment / plan / service requests.
    Sprint has created a 2 front company. The retail store and *2.
    I was promised a 755P on a phone purcahsed 10/2007 well with in the one Palm warrenty but out of the sprint 30 day exchange. I went to the retail store in Reston VA. No 755p for You.

So I will stay a sprint hoop jumper for the time being but man they are pushing it.

Hours goofing around with this MR

1.25 install
    3 times rebuilding after hard resets
    1.5 hours on hold with *2
    3.5 hours at retail store.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Woah, I called Sprint yesterday at 10am and was told I'd get a replacement 755p (see post 88 above). UPS just arrived (11:45am) and handed it to me.
    Treoneo, is that information you know or just assume about Sprint assigning a rating to each customer. I always figured they had a system like that. As a Sprint customer I typically spend over $175 on one line and when i called in about my 700P, retentions first solution was to offer me a new 755 which i have been very happy with.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Iv'e had no luck.... I spoke to retention 'nicely' the first 2 X, then it seemed like she was going to get me a 755 from the local store and they said no..Only replace the 700p.
    I even called Palm. They also said they would only exchange for the same..

I said, Im talking to AT&T.. And Im spending a lot of money every month..

The Tech at Sprint support said he never heard of a lag issue/ reset with the 700p..

Whatever...
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I've had no luck today either. Spoke to retentions 3 times and PALM

First: Sprint Rep acted like he had never heard of problem and insisted on punting me to Tech Support: YEAH RIGHT

Second: Diff SR told me he would give me a 755p free of charge, then promptly transferred me to the insurance plan people who offered to charge me $50 for a replacement 700p. Thanks Sprint!

Third: Yet another SR offered me the BS deal of $330 for a 755p. I said no b/c it would only cost me $200 to cancel the account. She then offered to stay on the line and call PALM for me and talk to them. Instead she transferred me directly to PALM and got off the call. NICE PUNT SPRINT.

Palm: Offered to replace only with another 700p and said I should call Sprint. So, a shi**y outmoded, soon to be not supported 700p or back to Sprint? WTF? She also said the 700p was not defective. RIGHT!

BTW, I have been a Sprint customer for 5 years, was not an a-hole during the calls and kept my cool. Just expressed my exasperation with each person.

Anyone got any tips? I think Sprint would do nothing for me b/c I recently reduced my plan minutes and had to reup to 2 year agreement to do so, so I had no contract card to play besidses paying the cancellation fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    man I have heard so many varying results in getting sprint to do an upgrade. i was unsuccessful with 3 reps today. They were all retentions & executive services (higher up then retentions). they all swore up & down that this is not policy & I would have to pay full price for any different model. they were all rude & unsympathetic. they said that they cannot exchange these phones for phones that just came out. basically eveything they were saying were lies when I see this thread here! is it a matter of getting the right rep OR do certain people who spend more on their bills get special treatment? I have heard this theory before. I only spend $55 a month so they are not making much of me. Or I have also heard that reps can make nasty notes on your accounts that say "no more upgrades" or something to that effect. I wonder. Anyway, I am going to keep trying different tactics...

here is something interesting I read over at sprintusers:

Its on your customer rating (sero customers with extra perks who are recent sprint customers will not be highly rated) and your ability to have a polite conversation. I have been spending over a $100.00 a month on two lines for five years now...I wonder what my rating would be. Just in the last year I have dipped below $100.00 with savings via full Power Vision package for $10.00, 18% company discount, on top of customer loyalty 10% discount.

Sprint rates their customers from 0 to 5 or 6 dollar signs. A customer on a SERO plan may be an average of $ or $$ depending on the plan and their length of time with sprint. Getting 200 bonus minutes and possibly other perks likely puts you at $. You call up asking for a deal on a new phone, and the rep rightly tells you that your $30 sero plan doesnt qualify for a discount on a phone, and if it did it would be $75.

GO FIGURE!
    I am starting to wonder the same thing. It is intermittent across the board with people getting 755p's offered to them before they finish their plea apposed to people who can't get any deals on numerous attempts. I have paid over $100.00 a month for the past five years. I wonder what my customer rating would be. Just in the last year I dipped below $100.00 via Full Power Vision package for $10.00, 18% corporate discount, 10% customer loyalty discount, now my bill is about $70.00 to $80.00 a month for grandfathered 800 fair and flex shared minutes plan between my wife and I w/free nights weekends @ 7.
    Last edited by KStewart; 06/20/2007 at 09:04 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    FWIW, I tried this two weeks ago and got nowhere. The Sprint rep was adamant that he would not replace my 700p. This time I called and didn't even have to try.

I have been with Sprint for a long time (very long) but I don't pay that much for a very good plan. I get 6pm nights, 500 free sms, unlimited powervision, two phones sharing the plan and 1400 minutes and my bill is $68/month.

I think it's just a matter of getting the right rep, on the right day. If the caller before you was a jerk you are less likely to get a deal. If your account has notes that you have been asking for too much or being "difficult" then you are less likely to get a deal.

Try calling at 10am PDT. I seem to have better luck with the morning crowd.
    well the info is from a sprint rep who is a member of the forums over at sprintusers.com. I am pretty sure it is true. Don't ask a sprint rep when you call though because they will deny everything.

Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    Treoneo, is that information you know or just assume about Sprint assigning a rating to each customer. I always figured they had a system like that. As a Sprint customer I typically spend over $175 on one line and when i called in about my 700P, retentions first solution was to offer me a new 755 which i have been very happy with.
    On a separate note I finally got my 755!! Well it is on it's way. I called again a few times today & got rude & unhelpful people. I even called Palm directly & they couldn't do anything either. I then resigned to going down to SPrint & getting a 700p replacement. As I was talking to the Sprint technician/ rep & just asked plain out in a nice way of I could get a 755 as the replacement. He said as long as there are 700 refurns in the wherehouse, that's what I will be getting. I said what about if someone returns a 755 - can I get that one? He said once again that only way was if there were no 700p left. So I dropped it & as he almost finished he then said "let me check something here". Then BAM - he somehow found a 755 refurb in the system & that is what I am getting. So it is a refurb but who cares!! I found the right guy at the right time at the right store. I'll have it in 3-5 days. YESSSSS
    Just called today and they said since I have no insurance (I have only had the Treo since Sep. 06) I cannot even get another 700p and I have to call palm.. WTF? I'll try again tomorrow....

(At least I got my MSL)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast