Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    GOt off the phone earlier with customer service today regarding something else on my bill and told her about my horrific situation all last week. The best she said she could do me for me is give me a $25 courtesy for my troubles. I asked her to do something better and that $25 just barely covered my gas expenses for sprint making me driving all around town but thats the best she could give me... or so she said...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    GOt off the phone earlier with customer service today regarding something else on my bill and told her about my horrific situation all last week. The best she said she could do me for me is give me a $25 courtesy for my troubles. I asked her to do something better and that $25 just barely covered my gas expenses for sprint making me driving all around town but thats the best she could give me... or so she said...
    You mean for lying and trying to obtain a free 755p? I'd charge you $50 for taking up some poor minimum wage person's time with you crap. You want something for nothing. Give it up.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You mean for lying and trying to obtain a free 755p? I'd charge you $50 for taking up some poor minimum wage person's time with you crap. You want something for nothing. Give it up.
    What do you mean for lying? everything that i went through was the truth.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    It's also possible that CS reps have been told that they are no longer able to upgrade or replace phones until Sprint figures out the mess they got themselves into by allowing that upgrade. However, nothing is wrong with continuing to try.
    Last edited by fwinst; 06/11/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    It's also possible that CS reps have been told that they are no longer able to upgrade or replace phones until Sprint figures out the mess they got themselves into by allowing that upgrade. However, nothing is wrong with continuing to try.
    This morning I applied the update to two 700ps. They bricked. this afternoon I had two new 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This morning I applied the update to two 700ps. They bricked. this afternoon I had two new 755.

Oh my goodness. how long were you with Sprint? you just walked in and told/showed them that they bricked and they didn't give you another 700p replacement but 2 new 755s?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    OK. Maybe they haven't been told that. How long have you been a Sprint Customer? Did you get your replacements via Sprint CS, or Sprint Store? Just trying to see if there's any pattern here, or just luck of the draw.
    Just got off the phone again and still nada. I'm done with trying with Sprint its apparent they're not gonna budge. The most i've been offered is $150 towards a new phone. And from what the lady mentioned it does lead me to believe that due to Palm screwing up our phones, Sprint is well aware that they will be giving away alot of 755's so they have put out memo's or something to no longer do upgrades. She mentioned something along the lines of we have been getting a lot of calls over the 700 software.

Oh and get this...since my phone has been replaced 3 times through Asureon free of charge due to bad phones I no longer have any claims left for about 10 months or so. So I said, well then go ahead and cancel my insurance since I shouldn't be paying for something I can't use anyways. She then let me know that if I cancel I can't get the insurance later on. So i'm stuck paying for the insurance and even if i do accidentally break my phone i'm screwed and won't be able to use my insurance, but in the meanwhile I would have paid roughly $60 for an insurance plan I can't use. Hows that for sticking it to customers.

I'm seriously considering leaving due to all this crap. I have always been happy with Sprint throughout my 7 yrs of service but this is to much. Sprint refuses to help and only offers a solution of me buying another phone from them.
    You can get 3rd party insurance for your phone. Google 'lockline'

Im not sure what the trend is here for getting new phones. Mine hasnt gotten here yet, but my account def has the credited like the rep said. I was told 3-5 business days.

You cant call them up with an attitude. Be cool and calm, and outline your problem in a very logical way. Througout each step, make sure the rep understands your point, then when you lead up to your final point (you should get a 755) its not as shocking as to just outright say 'I WANT A 755P!!' That was my strategy, and not only did the rep meet my needs, he exceeded them.

The rep I was talking to was in the Canadian call center. He kept calling me 'guy' and was totally cool.

If at first you dont suceed, then try try again.

Patience is a virtue.
    Anyone ever heard of a Sprint rep concluding that if you've had your 700p over a year, you MUST pay and use rebates to get a new 700p? On the phone with them now and they are claiming they cannot replace my treo 700p. I'm not looking to get a 755 or anything, I just want my phone repaired or replaced.

Owning the 700p for more than a year requires you to buy a new 700p and use rebates??

**Update**
    Ok. I just wanted my friggin 700p, but after being placed on hold for several minutes, the rep came back and offered me a 755p. Should be here in 3-5 days. Insane...
    Last edited by Diana Prince; 06/12/2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Finally got tired of the inconsistant performance after the MR in addition to a much shorter battery life, so I made the call to Sprint.

The CS rep was probably from a call center down south, she was very polite and understanding of the issues that I was having. Initially she said 1 of 2 things could be done; I could do a hard reset and hope that solved the issues, or completely wipe the phone clean and start from scratch (basically taking it back to the day I got the phone). I insisted that this was not acceptable for a phone that costs $600. I asked if there was someone else I could speak with that had more options for me, or if I could just take the phone into a store for exchange. She told me to take the phone into my store for an exchange (insurance), and she inserted notes into my account that authorized the exchange.

I take the phone to my local store (which also does service) and they take my phone for tests for a half hour. When coming back, the guy said the phone is messed up, but a total software reboot 'should' fix it. I said that wouldn't cut it and I wanted the new phone I was promised after calling *2. I have a new 700p on the way, they also mentioned that the service stores have the actual MR that works for enterprise customers (bs?). I asked briefly about the 755, and the guy said he was not even able to exchange a 755 for a 755 unless it was within the 14day window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
    Finally got tired of the inconsistant performance after the MR in addition to a much shorter battery life, so I made the call to Sprint.

The CS rep was probably from a call center down south, she was very polite and understanding of the issues that I was having. Initially she said 1 of 2 things could be done; I could do a hard reset and hope that solved the issues, or completely wipe the phone clean and start from scratch (basically taking it back to the day I got the phone). I insisted that this was not acceptable for a phone that costs $600. I asked if there was someone else I could speak with that had more options for me, or if I could just take the phone into a store for exchange. She told me to take the phone into my store for an exchange (insurance), and she inserted notes into my account that authorized the exchange.

I take the phone to my local store (which also does service) and they take my phone for tests for a half hour. When coming back, the guy said the phone is messed up, but a total software reboot 'should' fix it. I said that wouldn't cut it and I wanted the new phone I was promised after calling *2. I have a new 700p on the way, they also mentioned that the service stores have the actual MR that works for enterprise customers (bs?). I asked briefly about the 755, and the guy said he was not even able to exchange a 755 for a 755 unless it was within the 14day window.
    LIke the majority of the people in the forums said, "dont goto the stores, they cant/dont do crap for you but give you a headache." i had to learn the hard way but then again, i had no one else to turn to. Called retentions and told them about my bricked phone and they said they ran out of 700p's and are sending me a 755. Good Luck!
    Upgrade was successful after explaining my dissatisfaction with my current phone. The CSR treated this as an exchange, where she'll charge the full amount of the 755p and will re-credit my account after I send my old 700p through the return kit. I thought they only allow exchanges for purchases within 30 days, but I had my phone for 11 months now. Did this happen to anyone or did they just send you a replacement without charging the full amount?

The main key to getting the upgrade is to be nice to the rep.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by traderhenry View Post
    Upgrade was successful after explaining my dissatisfaction with my current phone. The CSR treated this as an exchange, where she'll charge the full amount of the 755p and will re-credit my account after I send my old 700p through the return kit. I thought they only allow exchanges for purchases within 30 days, but I had my phone for 11 months now. Did this happen to anyone or did they just send you a replacement without charging the full amount?

The main key to getting the upgrade is to be nice to the rep.
    This is what my csr did for me. sent the 755 with a return envelope for the 700p. account charged for the 755, and will get credited when the 700p is returned.
    Did you all happen to ask if you need to return the 700p battery as well? I didnt ask about that but i asked about the accessories, they dont care about the accessories. Having an extra charger and other cables is kinda handy. I can probably get a few bucks for selling the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    Did you all happen to ask if you need to return the 700p battery as well? I didnt ask about that but i asked about the accessories, they dont care about the accessories. Having an extra charger and other cables is kinda handy. I can probably get a few bucks for selling the battery.
    The return kit will specify that you return the phone and battery. However you don't need to send in any accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertramp2k View Post
    This is what my csr did for me. sent the 755 with a return envelope for the 700p. account charged for the 755, and will get credited when the 700p is returned.
    Good to here similar cases. I know a few people got the phone without getting charged. I just don't what to deal with having to pay full price.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I thought I remember hearing a lot of complaints and problems with the 755..

Is this correct?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Are you guys sure you're going to get full credit on the return of your 700p? I've dealt with Sprint CS before getting my broken 700p replaced with another and it was a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by daver42 View Post
    Are you guys sure you're going to get full credit on the return of your 700p? I've dealt with Sprint CS before getting my broken 700p replaced with another and it was a nightmare.
    When I check my account it says I have a credit for the amount of the new phone. That credit will remain until after thirty days. If they don't have my new 700p by then, I will be charged.

I'm not sure I can handle anymore nightmares. As long as one keeps the shipper's receipt, it should be cool. Keeping that receipt verifies you've sent the phone back to them.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast