Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141
  1. #41  
    Are they at least giving you the ability to trade in for a new 700p?

    I don't think you should automatically be upgraded, but a replacement for a trashed unit is in order by way of a new 700p.
  2. #42  
    I got two coming in as replacements for our 700P's. Zero cost other than the two 2GB mini SD cards purchased online (41.84).

    This after the third call to Retentions.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons02 View Post
    Are they at least giving you the ability to trade in for a new 700p?

    I don't think you should automatically be upgraded, but a replacement for a trashed unit is in order by way of a new 700p.
    I don't think anyone of us is asking to be upgraded, at least i'm not. I'd be happy to get another 700. Sprint finally had given me the green light to get a replacement through Asureon, but Asureon screwed me by saying that i've used up all my claims. It seems that one only gets 3 claims a year. The problem I have with this is that all 3 replacements have been done free of charge due to the previous Treo's being faulty of the box and not in anyway due to my error such as using a claim due to me dropping for example.

    In my situation I've gotten a big F#$% You from Asureon and from Sprint.
  4. #44  
    If you're in Illinois...theres a 3 phone replacement lemon law...so...if you're in IL...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    If you're in Illinois...theres a 3 phone replacement lemon law...so...if you're in IL...
    In this case I wish I was but nope I'm in Texas.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    I was offered the same thing by Sprint, a measly $75 rebate towards a new phone. I tried ecare also and they just referred me to my local Sprint store to a technician. I don't understand why Sprint knowingly aware of the trouble the MR update has caused to some and yet make it so difficult for their customers.
    Similar situation to me after talking to customer service, tier 2, account services, on hold with business etc. Account services (basically retentions) said that as of late last week the replacement policy for phones has been STRICTLY limited to what you are available for (75, 150, etc). This is after they told me that if I applied the MR and my phone wasn't working right the only way to fix it was to get a new phone. That is in my account.

    My favorite part was when the account services people said that I should use my insurance to get the phone replaced. I said, "you're update broke my phone, and now I have to pay money to have it replaced or pay retail minus 75$ for the 755?" The answer was "yes."

    Anyone else get their phone replaced with a 755 in the last day or so?

    PG
  7. #47  
    Called tonight and I should have a 755 on Tuesday..We'll see how this turns out
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    Called tonight and I should have a 755 on Tuesday..We'll see how this turns out
    Wow, you guys make it seem so easy Have you ever had your 700 replaced? What do you say? Do they send you off to see a in store technician? I been honest and calm and still manage to get no where.
  9. #49  
    It took a few calls and a very nice sprint rep. I don't have the phone yet so I am not out of the woods yet.
    Just remind them the 700P is a $679 phone and the 755P is $549.

    You just need to find the right rep who understands,also my 700 was only 6 months old and @ have been with Sprint since 1998??? Maybe that helped??
  10. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    I don't think anyone of us is asking to be upgraded, at least i'm not. I'd be happy to get another 700. Sprint finally had given me the green light to get a replacement through Asureon, but Asureon screwed me by saying that i've used up all my claims. It seems that one only gets 3 claims a year. The problem I have with this is that all 3 replacements have been done free of charge due to the previous Treo's being faulty of the box and not in anyway due to my error such as using a claim due to me dropping for example.

    In my situation I've gotten a big F#$% You from Asureon and from Sprint.
    Are you sure all your phones came from Asureon? If you called Sprint and talked with a CS rep, and they didn't transfer you to Asureon, your phone came from Sprint. Asureon will charge $50.00 to replace a phone. I don't believe there is any exception to that rule for them. I had 2 700p replacements come from Sprint (I wasn't charged anything), and one from Asureon (I paid $50). My 755 came directly from Sprint. I was given credit for my 700 as well as an extra $30.00 credit. I did not have to extend my contract. I got very lucky.

    Check again where your replacements came from. Don't let Sprint transfer you to Asureon for a replacement.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Are you sure all your phones came from Asureon? If you called Sprint and talked with a CS rep, and they didn't transfer you to Asureon, your phone came from Sprint. Asureon will charge $50.00 to replace a phone. I don't believe there is any exception to that rule for them. I had 2 700p replacements come from Sprint (I wasn't charged anything), and one from Asureon (I paid $50). My 755 came directly from Sprint. I was given credit for my 700 as well as an extra $30.00 credit. I did not have to extend my contract. I got very lucky.

    Check again where your replacements came from. Don't let Sprint transfer you to Asureon for a replacement.
    100% sure they all came from Asureon. Always got transferred over to them. If I remember correctly I think they said it was still covered under warranty, but that i'm not to sure of. Regardless, I do know that my girlfriend also had her sanyo 8400 replaced free of charge through Asureon when her phone started acting up.
  12. #52  
    I called sprint today, talked to retentions.

    My story was that Sprint took my 650 that worked great and forced a 700p upon me because they were out of stock on the 650.

    I explained I was aware the phone had problems but was patient to wait for the MR. I said the phone still has problems after the MR.

    Then I went on to saying if sprint could just give me a 700p as an even trade from the 650, why cant they give me a 755. I even offered to renew my 2 year (currently not in contract) if he could hook it up.

    The rep acknowledged that he has heard alot of bad things about the 700p and this is what he offered me.

    $279.99 for the 755p
    - $150.00 for upgrade eligibility
    - $90.00 service credit because ive been a customer since 1998
    - $100 mail in rebate if I renew my contract.

    So i actually make $70, and get to keep my 700p that is 2 months old (not refurb) which I will probably sell on ebay.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I called sprint today, talked to retentions.

    My story was that Sprint took my 650 that worked great and forced a 700p upon me because they were out of stock on the 650.

    I explained I was aware the phone had problems but was patient to wait for the MR. I said the phone still has problems after the MR.

    Then I went on to saying if sprint could just give me a 700p as an even trade from the 650, why cant they give me a 755. I even offered to renew my 2 year (currently not in contract) if he could hook it up.

    The rep acknowledged that he has heard alot of bad things about the 700p and this is what he offered me.

    $279.99 for the 755p
    - $150.00 for upgrade eligibility
    - $90.00 service credit because ive been a customer since 1998
    - $100 mail in rebate if I renew my contract.

    So i actually make $70, and get to keep my 700p that is 2 months old (not refurb) which I will probably sell on ebay.

    Mind giving up the number you called for retentions...i'd love to find the same rep!
  14. #54  
    I just called *2 and said CANCEL!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I just called *2 and said CANCEL!

    and then what happened? cant just leave us hanging
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    and then what happened? cant just leave us hanging
    Read my post above.

    My main point to the rep was that the 700p was forced upon me because they couldnt replace my 650 with another 650,
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    Read my post above.

    My main point to the rep was that the 700p was forced upon me because they couldnt replace my 650 with another 650,
    So youve been with them since 98. that helps alot. You just immediately said "cancel?" haha but you didnt right cause they gave you a 700p. I wanna tell them the same thing but they might say: "ok" and cancel me. Will they do that? Im almost a year in comin next month so. What do you all think?
  18. #58  
    I say cancel only to speak with a retentions agent. IMO the 'standard' CSR's dont give you a level of service as retentions. There was never any discussion of me canceling. If the rep didnt give me what I wanted I would have just said ok thank you and called back later.
  19. #59  
    Just got of the phone with retentions and like always have managed to get no where at all I was offered $150 rebate towards the purchase of a new phone thats all. I explained my whole situation, even apologized to him if I was coming across harsh since I know this is not his doing and how he was being helpful and nice for offering me that rebate. He agreed with me and understood how frustrating this sounds but thats all he could do. I mentioned that I wasn't even looking for an upgrade to the 755 and I would be happy just as long as I got another 700 with the old firmware.

    Me 0, Sprint +5. I keep on taking it up the **** by good ol' Sprint.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    Just got of the phone with retentions and like always have managed to get no where at all I was offered $150 rebate towards the purchase of a new phone thats all. I explained my whole situation, even apologized to him if I was coming across harsh since I know this is not his doing and how he was being helpful and nice for offering me that rebate. He agreed with me and understood how frustrating this sounds but thats all he could do. I mentioned that I wasn't even looking for an upgrade to the 755 and I would be happy just as long as I got another 700 with the old firmware.

    Me 0, Sprint +5. I keep on taking it up the **** by good ol' Sprint.
    Maybe you should have your girlfriend or wife call.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions