Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Well in my case I was just honest... told them the 700p has known issues. It never worked to its full capacity. That I waited around for an update that took forever to come and when it was released it was pulled before I could get it due to it bricking quite a few phones... Told them I am not threatening to leave, but for me to pay full price for a 755p was not fair.. so she tried to get it for me for 279.00 but because I had SERO the system wouldnt give me the instant rebates to make it happen.. so she extended my warranty and told me to head down to my sprint store, tell them to pull up the notes and exchange it for a new 755p. Just be honest with them and sincere... I was willing to pay the 279.00 but not 579.00. Also mention that the phone has even been discontinued and replaced with the 755... and that giving you another 700 os just giving you another flawed product that wont live up to its expectations..

Good luck..

KAOS
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I too was honest. This would have been my 4th 700p. I tried to let them know how disappointed I was with the product WITHOUT putting any blame on the person I was working with. I was polite, calm, and yes, somewhat pityful. I asked as nicely as I could about getting a 755 instead of another flawed 700p. In the end, it's really up to the person on the other end of the line as to the course they will take. I was EXTREMELY lucky.

I also mentioned the fact that my 700p had been updated (MR). My rep had not heard all the hoopla about the MR. She also didn't know that it had been pulled off the Palm site. That might have stacked the deck in my favor.
  3.    #23  
    Got my 755 yesterday! Can't wait to get into the office so i can install all my crap and test my headset!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    I am very happy for everyone, if I only waited another few weeks :-(

I paid $430 for a new 755p the week it came out! I was 1yr 2mo's into the 700p. I should've complained that the 700p was broken or at least waited till the MR came out. At least I was able to sell the 700p for $300 :-)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that you have used both the 700 and the 755, can you comment on the differences and functionality? Did the 755 resolve all the problems we have all been having with the 700? Does the bluetooth pair better and not drop the calls like on the 700?

I am sue that there are many of us considering this change and would appreciate your input

Mike
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I received my 755 today. I wasn't expecting to see it until next week, so it was a great surprise.

basic differences I noticed right off the bat:

- rubberized skin gives you the feeling that your less likely to let this slip
    out of your hands
    - Definately feels lighter. Of course it is lighter.
    - Although there really isn't much difference in thickness, the 755 does "feel"
    thinner. It could be just me.
    - No antenna. I really didn't think I'd care. However, it does make the phone
    look and feel different.

Functionality:

- I've noticed an increase in signal strength. I've tried the phone in locations
    that my 700p would get 1 or 2 bars, and the 755 is at 4 or 5 bars.
    - I've had NO PROBLEM with my Jabra JX-10. It connected right away, and it
    hasn't lost the connection yet. Even when I walk into another room.
    - I've only played with P-Tunes a little bit. But, so far it hasn't skipped at all.
    - Volume is definately louder on the 755. No contest.
    - I find that the camera on this phone takes better pictures in lower light
    than any of the 4 700p's I owned.
    - The battery is smaller. I haven't had a really heavy use day, so I'm not sure
    about battery life yet. I'll probably pick-up a spare, and get an extended
    battery when they come out.

So far I'm happy that I switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    I would guess they don't work since the 755 uses a miniSD.
    This is the main reason I will NOT be looking for a 755p (plus getting a new case and dock [?], though it is nice that cables are unchanged).
    I believe the old cradle will work with the 755p, no?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanuy View Post
    This is the main reason I will NOT be looking for a 755p (plus getting a new case and dock [?], though it is nice that cables are unchanged).
    That was one of my biggest concerns. I have a palm dock at the office and a seidio gps cradle in my car that i have had since my 650 days.

The 755 fits fine in the palm dock, and to my great joy, it fits great in the seidio cradle.

I wasn't too concerned about the mini sd. THere are 1gb mini sd's out there that retail for $30 - even cheaper on ebay (but be careful!).

My plantronics 510 (which was the main reason I couldn't stand the 700p) works great with the 755. There are a few issues with staying connected at times, but no where near the issues I had with the 700p.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Question - to those who have switched from a 700p to a 755p:

I'm using Sprint Business Connect Personal to push my Outlook e-mail from my work desktop to my Treo. I read someplace that BizCon was being discontinued or is otherwise not available for the 755p. Do I have any options for pushing my Outlook e-mail to my Treo if BizCon is going to be dumped?

Also, any other areas where the 755p is deficient in relation to the 700p? I'm certain that I can contact Sprint retention and get a new 755p if need be, but I don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire. For example, this new sounds issue that jumped up on the 700p after the MR - the "touch tone" sound knocking out the beginning of my ringers and alerts - I read someplace that something similar exists on the 755p.

Thanks,

Matt
    Man you guys are lucky. I've been on the off and off with Sprint for 3 days hoping to get my Treo replaced with either a 755 or another 700. Since I installed the MR the phone has been definately slower, random resets and still a no bluetooth. Crappy part is that when I was finally given the green light to get a replacement from Asureon, Asureon denied me reason being that I've had my phone replaced 3 times already and apparently reached a limit that I wasn't aware of. Granted all 3 replacements have been done free of charge due to my Treo resetting, on one phone the letter P stopped working and another time I ended up with a dead screen.

Sprint eventually kindly offered me $75 towards a new phone which in no way I would take, that just added to the insult. So I'm still stuck with a not so great phone and Sprint has so kindly given it to me up the ****.

Threatening to leave isn't an option cuz I can't and won't pay the early termination fee and if I do threaten to leave they might call my bluff and still win.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstreger View Post
    Question - to those who have switched from a 700p to a 755p:

I'm using Sprint Business Connect Personal to push my Outlook e-mail from my work desktop to my Treo. I read someplace that BizCon was being discontinued or is otherwise not available for the 755p. Do I have any options for pushing my Outlook e-mail to my Treo if BizCon is going to be dumped?

Also, any other areas where the 755p is deficient in relation to the 700p? I'm certain that I can contact Sprint retention and get a new 755p if need be, but I don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire. For example, this new sounds issue that jumped up on the 700p after the MR - the "touch tone" sound knocking out the beginning of my ringers and alerts - I read someplace that something similar exists on the 755p.

Thanks,

Matt
    I've been using Activesync for about 4 months now to get my email from Outlook. It also syncs my contacts and calendar. Will that work for you?
    Well after about 2 hours of being on the phone and speaking to 3 different people in 3 different deparments this morning, things worked out just a little bit better than expected. Sorta. The last lady i spoke with which was in the treo department of customer service couldnt figure out why my phone kept resetting. I also told her that i was on a time crunch so we couldnt finish trying to fix my phone. And the last thing that i told her was something along the line of that a 755 is a physical update of the 700. She said yes it is. And i told her that if my phone resets one more time today can i upgrade to the 755 as a replacement? She said yes and she made a note of it on my file. (More on this in a bit) So i thanked her and all that stuff cause i was excited that i might be getting a 755 finally after numerous call to retentions and stuff. I made ALOT of calls to retentions, almost 10 times unlike you lucky people out here that only called a few times. Not only did i made alot of calls, i drove to a couple sprint stores all across town too so thats pretty much hell for me. SO she made a note of it in my file and later on in the day i was getting anxious and couldnt wait til tomorrow to try to get my 755. I went to the first sprint store, the rep said "we dont deal with repairs and told me to go somewhere else." So i drove to a different place down the street that had repair service. This guy was a smartass know it all, seems like. He said the fact that i had these 3rd party app like ringo, mundu, kinoma, ekey (for realtors), call rec and such is causing the problem of why its crashing. I was thinkin in my head "no s**t" but was still trying to get my 755. HE said he had to wait til monday so he could call his regional manager and ask him cause he doesnt want to pay to have the 755 replaced and that he was not authorized to go into my file and read the notes. This wasnt a corporate store by the way. So i left and drove to the other side of town to the last store i know thats open. This store was corporate. Right when i walked in the manager (i guess) i told him about my situation and told him to look at the note on file. He said "we will not give you a new phone but we will give you the same replacement. If we dont have a replacment we then will give you a 755." I told him that this is my 2nd replacement and that it will messup again. And then he took the phone to get it analyzed. 30 minutes later the girl rep said "they ran all the tests they could, battery, phone, blah blah and nothing is wrong with it and showed no sign of it crashing. If it does happen to crash and that the note does say that i can get a 755, i should tell customer service to send me a 755 instead of going to the store and picking it up." So i now have a new eticket on my file saying that the tests came up negative with problems. I dont know what the mean when it said on my note to give me a 755? Here is my story and i dont know what to say about todays fiasco. What should i do next guys and gals? Thoughts/comments/opinons/advice would be helpful. aim me if you have aim, id like to hear from you directly if possible.
    Last edited by England Fan; 06/09/2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: need more
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    England fan,

I would call up Sprint... Tell them all you went through... that store should've just given you the 755. They went against what retentions wrote in your account which is crazy. Did you get the managers name by chance? Give it to retentions and tell them you want to file a complaint and be compensated. They might just send you a phone..

KAOS
  14.    #34  
    Can I make a suggestion? I have found the best strategy when dealing with any customer service department is to be 1. pleasant (at first) 2. Honest (feel free to withhold or release information as it will suit you though) and 3. When you finally get someone to say "yes" to you, STICK WITH THAT PERSON! Most people recognize and experience the poor communication that happens in a CS dept, why increase your problems?

England Fan, I understand your plight, and certainly don't ascribe any fault directly to you. I would have simply called the CS rep back 1/2 hour later and told them that you had another crash. Sure, it would be nice to be able to drive to the local store and get what you deserve, but IMO that is throwing another wrench into the equation.

I wish you the best with your plight.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Remember, you need the rep on your side. BE POLITE. When you call Sprint, let them know what you've been through. Don't get angry. Stay calm. But let them know how frustrated you are. Ask them if they can help. Let them know that this is your business phone. I would avoid going back to the Sprint store. Some reps you talk to might not know all the problems associated with the 700p, or they might not let on that they know. Ask them about replacing your phone. Tell them that your exprience and research have shown that the 700p is unstable. Let them know that your business depends on the phone. Ask them to move you to the 755p

Again, you need the rep on your side. You need to approach this whole conversation as saomeone looking for help, not to complain.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supertramp2k View Post
    Can I make a suggestion? I have found the best strategy when dealing with any customer service department is to be 1. pleasant (at first) 2. Honest (feel free to withhold or release information as it will suit you though) and 3. When you finally get someone to say "yes" to you, STICK WITH THAT PERSON! Most people recognize and experience the poor communication that happens in a CS dept, why increase your problems?

England Fan, I understand your plight, and certainly don't ascribe any fault directly to you. I would have simply called the CS rep back 1/2 hour later and told them that you had another crash. Sure, it would be nice to be able to drive to the local store and get what you deserve, but IMO that is throwing another wrench into the equation.

I wish you the best with your plight.
    All very good advice!!
    IN regards to the suggestions/posts above for me:

First of all thanks for the suggestions, no harm in getting more suggestions though. This whole week has been a frustrating week in regards to my phone. I did let every sprint rep that i talked to know that. Told them i was very frustrated and tired of driving all around town for nothing basically. I tried different approaches while i was on the phone. Called retentions and acted in a very upset frustrated person, acted in a moderate yet demanding manner, and today i acted nice to the last lady i spoke with that put the note on my file. I guess being nice pays off more and also depends on who you are speaking to. I didnt call retentions today, i called 888-211-4747 and asked to speak with customer care at first. She then transfered me to techical help who then transfered me to treo special help where i met the nice lady that hooked me up. So i didnt get to speak to retentions so 1. would it matter if i called customer rep and told them that treo special help dept wrote that note and not retentions? I guess i sorta made a mistake today going to the store and letting them examine my phone when they found nothing wrong with it and wrote an eticket on it which will be on file now. But i was anxious so you know. If you mentioned to me earlier about calling back a 1/2 hour later, i would of definately done that. Thats a reallly good suggestion and thanks supertramp for it. Good advice by you too fwinst for saying that it is a business phone which it is and i soley rely on it on daily. And kaos, which manager should i complain on? the guy that was at the non corporate store or the guy that was at the corporate store? haha if i were to complain that is. The so called smartass guy at the non corp store said this specifically and i forgot to mention this earlier: "whoever the rep was that made that note about getting a 755 replaced should befired!?" and i definately remembered that. Well ill just mention it when i talk to a cust rep tomorrow. Also on the eticket work order/receipt that the lady at the last store i went to today wrote this in the description: "Phone is power cycling. Says that he spoke with customer service and they told him we are going to get him in a different model. He (me) asks if you will please read the notes." That is what it said on the description... i dont know what to say about this one. by the way are they open on sunday and what number should i call exactly? Anything else i should say when i call them tomorrow? What can i say about the eticket that they made today saying that everything is fine? thanks for all your help guys and gals!!
    Last edited by England Fan; 06/10/2007 at 01:02 PM.
    PS: When they said that they ran a crash test is it when you press ##377#? cause if it is, i got a message saying crashed occured on 6/9/05 at 5:57pm while running "phone": fatal exception. So it did crash today and a little bit before i went into the sprint store to get it checked....

I guess they did this test: ##49878# i guess it troubleshoots for the battery, buttons, keyboard, audio, memory, vibration function and the LED.
    Last edited by England Fan; 06/10/2007 at 04:38 AM.
    I just got off the phone with retentions and they said that they are reading the notes and said that there was nothing that was stated in me getting a 755 upgrade/replacement?????? She said i needed the other replacement warranty, i only have the other one and the lady i spoke with yesterday said nothing about me needing that other warranty? THat lady in treo special help specifically said that she is going to write it down in her notes and made me drive around town for basically nothing. She said that i only qualify for a $75 freakin dollar rebate? WHy is sprint screwing with me here? I asked to speak with the retentions supervisor and he is telling me the same crap!!! I spoke to them in a calm yet frustrating manner. So who else can i talk to at sprint? Im thinking about emailing ecare about this, is their email ecare@sprint.com?
    Last edited by England Fan; 06/10/2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    I just got off the phone with retentions and they said that they are reading the notes and said that there was nothing that was stated in me getting a 755 upgrade/replacement?????? She said i needed the other replacement warranty, i only have the other one and the lady i spoke with yesterday said nothing about me needing that other warranty? THat lady in treo special help specifically said that she is going to write it down in her notes and made me drive around town for basically nothing. She said that i only qualify for a $75 freakin dollar rebate? WHy is sprint screwing with me here? I asked to speak with the retentions supervisor and he is telling me the same crap!!! I spoke to them in a calm yet frustrating manner. So who else can i talk to at sprint? Im thinking about emailing ecare about this, is their email ecare@sprint.com?
    I was offered the same thing by Sprint, a measly $75 rebate towards a new phone. I tried ecare also and they just referred me to my local Sprint store to a technician. I don't understand why Sprint knowingly aware of the trouble the MR update has caused to some and yet make it so difficult for their customers.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast