Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. pruss's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #21  
    Version 2.10 seems to have fixed alvic51's problems, thanks to his patience in going through 15+ test versions.

    Here's my announcement:

    Version 2.10 of FontSmoother is released, with a few bug fixes, especially for Treos. FontSmoother lets you see custom, smooth fonts in applications. You can even convert (assuming EULA, patent and copyright compliance) Windows TTF fonts.

    http://zlthemes.com/Programs.php
    http://palmgear.com/?xyz=90288

    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...20x320anim.gif
  2. #22  
    Working fine on my Sprint 700p, as was the previous release.
    Ben
  3. pruss's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Working fine on my Sprint 700p, as was the previous release.
    Ben
    It's funny how bugs work. The bugs were real, but on some devices they never caused any problems, but on some they did. That's why I really need bug reports from a wide user community. I recommend sending bug reports by email to me--this way I can send you test versions (I now have an elegant way to generate test versions).
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss View Post
    It's funny how bugs work. The bugs were real, but on some devices they never caused any problems, but on some they did. That's why I really need bug reports from a wide user community. I recommend sending bug reports by email to me--this way I can send you test versions (I now have an elegant way to generate test versions).
    After having a 700P for almost a year, I (and many others) are confident that there are hardware variations in these phones that cause variation that is not just due to third party software. Some people had lags with clean installs without any third party software, some have never had lag problems. Same with Bluetooth. There's no doubt in my mind that wherever their chipsets came from, they were inconsistent, or there were changes not reflected in any version changes. As a developer, it sounds like this might make sense to you as well.
  5. #25  
    This makes me feel really bad. I have a bug to report, though frankly it is very, very, very minor.

    FS enabled. OnGuard enabled and set to backup files upon termination of the monitored application. Within FS, OnGuard is set to use a font like Utopia 18 aa ker with the font darkness set to the darkest setting. Open up an application such as HanDBase and open a few of the databases, then exit HanDBase. Upon exiting HanDBase, OnGuard then copies the databases that were opened to the card. During this process, OnGuard displays the name of the file being backed up and also during this process, the file names are not completely formed on the screen with a font like Utopia 18 aa ker selected.

    Now, from within FS, set OnGuard to use the standard Palm (system) and the files are properly formed and displayed during the backup process.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by pruss View Post
    It's funny how bugs work. The bugs were real, but on some devices they never caused any problems, but on some they did. That's why I really need bug reports from a wide user community. I recommend sending bug reports by email to me--this way I can send you test versions (I now have an elegant way to generate test versions).
  6. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #26  
    Has anybody had any issues using comic sans font? Had to do a hard reset today. It's either due to Font Smoother or Palm revolt.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  7. pruss's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This makes me feel really bad. I have a bug to report, though frankly it is very, very, very minor.

    FS enabled. OnGuard enabled and set to backup files upon termination of the monitored application. Within FS, OnGuard is set to use a font like Utopia 18 aa ker with the font darkness set to the darkest setting. Open up an application such as HanDBase and open a few of the databases, then exit HanDBase. Upon exiting HanDBase, OnGuard then copies the databases that were opened to the card. During this process, OnGuard displays the name of the file being backed up and also during this process, the file names are not completely formed on the screen with a font like Utopia 18 aa ker selected.

    Now, from within FS, set OnGuard to use the standard Palm (system) and the files are properly formed and displayed during the backup process.
    I don't know. It may be that OnGuard is functioning after FS has terminated its support for the previous app. Things that pop up on top (excepting the T3/T5/LD/TX clock popup) generally inherit the font settings of the original app. But OnGuard works after the original app has terminated, and that might screw things up.

    Do things show up smoothed, but with bad spacing?
  8. #28  
    Bad spacing, characters not fully formed. As a result, I just have OnGuard set to use the Palm default font. Otherwise, no problem at all and frankly, I do not consider this to be a problem, considering the time taken to display the file names.

    Ben
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions