Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Hi folks, I hope this hasn't been asked and answered, but I certainly couldn't find the solution in my searching...

Since applying the MR, my phone insists on Provisioning itself about once per hour, and it always fails. Interestingly, my data connection works just fine, surfing the web, email, etc. are working perfectly normally.

The searching I've done on the forum indicates that this has happened to others, but that after a few tries they are able to provision successfully. Some have indicated that a soft reset helped solve the problem.

In my case, it just isn't working. Every time the 700 tells me it needs to provision I say OK, and everytime it fails. I've also tried provisioning manually via ##3282#, but that fails as well. I've been doing this since the middle of yesterday afternoon.

I'm able to connect to 'Sprint Provisioning', but after that it tries to do its thing and I get the following error:

Error #1012

Could not prepare PCS Vision Services. Please try again later. If the problem persists you may need to contact Sprint.

Lord knows the last thing I want to do is contact Sprint!

Also of note is that my 700 has always (before and after the MR) been somewhat picky about making network connections - Basically every other time it tries to make a data connection I get an error 3000 - Data service not available in this area. If I then reconnect, it'll work just fine. This happens almost like clockwork, wherever I am.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Rotello
    Same here. No one seems to be worried about it.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Well, I'm certainly worried about it! There's no way I'm gonna put up with that for the remainer of this things lifetime! Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Have you tried a Hard reset yet? That's about the only thing left in my arsenal that I haven't done yet. I'll probably get to that tomorrow - I'll let u know how it goes.

Also, when you say no one seems too concerned, do you mean here on the forums, or did you call Sprint, and they don't care?

Rotello
    I was getting the provisioning issue a the day before I updated.. I still have the problem after the update. Also, the Kinoma issue not showing the video. Same thing, I had the problem pre-MR.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    Well, I'm certainly worried about it! There's no way I'm gonna put up with that for the remainer of this things lifetime! Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Have you tried a Hard reset yet? That's about the only thing left in my arsenal that I haven't done yet. I'll probably get to that tomorrow - I'll let u know how it goes.

Also, when you say no one seems too concerned, do you mean here on the forums, or did you call Sprint, and they don't care?

Rotello
    I mean no one seems to be worried about it on the forum. I posted this in another thread and no one reply.

However, I did not continued to get the message that it needed provisioning. I only happened twice. After that I attemtped several times to do it manually (##3282#) unsuccessfully.
    The reason I not too concerned is that I know I'm connecting to the EVDO because of the "blue" not green arrows which was also explained in another thread.

However, if I continued to get the prompt to provision, I certaintly would be annoyed.

Sorry you going through that.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/06/2007 at 06:31 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. I just did a hard reset and it provisioned itself just fine. I then did a restore from Resco Backup and it's back to it's old failed-provisioning trick. So it seems to be related to something in RAM. Maybe (if I'm lucky) I just have a corrupt provisioning DB or something. Any one have an idea what file(s) in RAM might contain the provisioning data?

Short of that, I may have to hard reset again and reload apps one by one to see if there's some kind of conflict with a 3rd party app.

Thanks again!

Rotello
    Try soft resetting and then to provision the phone again. I upgraded my phone yesterday was wasn't able to provision the phone successfully until today. That also happened to my wife's phone after i upgraded it an hour ago. It did provision correctly after a soft reset.
    Mine couldn't get provisioned at all after I installed the update. So I brought it to the Sprint store this morning and they said the radio connection somehow got hosed. They then gave me a replacement and now I'm just going to wait until Sprint re-releases the MR.
    What does one look for when trying to determine if the unit did successfully go through the provisioning?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I too kept getting the provisioning message and it would error. I didn't do anything because my data connection seemed fine and after awhile it stopped giving me the message and so far so good.
    I keep dropping the power vision network after the MR. I have provisioned it several times as well.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    This may help you Matty032, there is a different thread that deals with repeated drops of PowerVision, after doing the MR, though it doens't look like there's much in the way of a solution just yet:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144655

The problem described in our thread here is that even though Power Vision is working (ie the phone really IS provisioned), the phone still keeps trying to re-provision, and keeps failing.

I actually solved this problem for myself - I'll post my story in a seperate reply.

Rotello
    Last edited by rotello; 06/06/2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    OK, so I fixed the constant-and-failing-provisioning problem that I've been having. I'll post my experience, even though it's kinda unusual, in case it's of use to someone else. The write-up is kinda long, but at least it worked for me!

A hard reset did eliminate the problem, but obviously left me with none of my stuff. So I did a complete restore from RescoBackup, and the problem returned. Lesson learned: It must be something in RAM that is causing my trouble.

So I did another hard reset, and was going to reinstall my apps one at a time. But I was feeling lazy. Instead of doing them 1 at a time, I decided I'd start doing them 10 at a time via Resco, and check for the problem between each round of the restore. Reco is great in that it will let you restore individual apps and all their associated data just by checking off a single box. Don't know if other programs do that, but it's very cool!

I restored the first 10 with Resco:

AddressingLibrary
    Agendus
    Bluetooth
    Brightness
    Calc
    CallFilter
    CAPLib-poCL
    CarrierCustomization
    Contacts
    Dir Assist

I did a soft reset, tested for the problem, and it was not there. Yay! So I moved on and restored the next ten:

Documents
    Explorer
    Gmail
    GoogleMaps
    HourlyXCast
    IBM Java VM
    IIDataLib
    Iota
    J9 Java Launcher
    LocsLob-IocL
    My Treo

I tested for the problem, and it had returned. Drats! But at least it happened early in the process. So I did another hard reset.

This time I started by restoring the second batch of 10 (all at once) and then tested for the problem. No Problem! So now I'm pretty confident that the offending app is somewhere in the first 10.

I decided to restore the first 10 one at a time. For no particular reason I decided to do them in reverse order, starting with Dir Assist and working my way up the list. After each app was restored I did a soft reset and checked for the problem. Lo and behold I got through the entire list of the first 10 and the problem didn't return. And I hadn't lost anything in the list. Great! Starting to get excited.

Feeling lucky, I decided to finish restoring all my remaining apps from my backup in one giant Hail Mary pass. And it worked! No Provisioning problems! Doing the dance of joy!

To make a test of my situation and to see if I'd have trouble after another future restore (if I ever were to need one) I then made a completely new backup of my now provisioning-happy Treo. I did yet another Hard Reset and then did a full restore from this new backup.

And it worked great! No Provisioning problems! Resuming the dance of joy! But now I'm out of breath.... Maybe I should exercise more.... Ahem... Back to the Treo....

My conclusions:

1. Somthing in RAM was causing my trouble.
    2. I don't really know EXACTLY what it was.
    3. It seems it was somehow related to the order things were restored.
    4. Except that in my NEW backup, things were in the same order, but it was a backup of my successfully fixed phone. Which really just leave me with:
    5. Something in RAM was causing my trouble. (Which, BTW, I knew all the way back in the second paragraph of this reply....)

I hope this is able to help somebody else!

Rotello
    I received the same "Unable to complete Provisioning after the MR" for a day or two, but have not seen it since. Maybe it is happy now...
    I had to repeatedly do ##3282# to get mine to provision after the MR. Took over an hour. Even after that, it seems like it loses the data connection more frequently then before. I may try one of the solutions offered above but I need to evaluate for a couple more days.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have narrowed this problem down the the following file in RAM, we had this happen on 1 of our phones using the MR out of 12 phones. Took us about 2 hours yesterday to figure it out. Here is the file:

ConnectionMgr50DB

When backing up your files after doing the MR DO NOT update this file and it should provision correctly. We left out 3 more files, but I'm pretty sure this is the file, if you try that and it still doesn't provision post another message and I will let you know the other 3-4 files we left out. It only happened on 1 of our 12 phones so I can't tell you I did really detailed analysis, and I have an export of the files we left off of the backup but I don't have it with me. Let me know though and I can proxy in and get it if this doesn't help.
    This happened on my personal Treo and several of our company Treos as well. Interesting, the connection to power vision was operational even when the phone asked to be provisioned.

At first I tried provisioning but got the error mentioned above a few times. After verifying that power vision was working and the network information was correct, I answered never on the popup box that asks to try later after the failure and the phone never asked for provisioning again.

YMMV but this has worked for all the phones we have updated so far.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    I have narrowed this problem down the the following file in RAM, we had this happen on 1 of our phones using the MR out of 12 phones. Took us about 2 hours yesterday to figure it out. Here is the file:

ConnectionMgr50DB

When backing up your files after doing the MR DO NOT update this file and it should provision correctly. We left out 3 more files, but I'm pretty sure this is the file, if you try that and it still doesn't provision post another message and I will let you know the other 3-4 files we left out. It only happened on 1 of our 12 phones so I can't tell you I did really detailed analysis, and I have an export of the files we left off of the backup but I don't have it with me. Let me know though and I can proxy in and get it if this doesn't help.

I don't doubt your experience in this regard, but for me that wasn't the answer. Before I did all the stuff in my crazy-long post above I had also tried a bunch of other attempts at NOT restoring certain files, like you did, but was never successful until I did the solution in my long post.

I even left out ConnectionMgr50DB, just like you but still had the problem. One time I even left out all the following files at once and still had the problem:

ConnectionMgr50DB
    NetPrefs
    NetworkDB
    NetworkProfiles2

Thanks for taking time to share your input. Now there's another possible fix for the next poor guy to try!

Rotello
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    This happened on my personal Treo and several of our company Treos as well. Interesting, the connection to power vision was operational even when the phone asked to be provisioned.

At first I tried provisioning but got the error mentioned above a few times. After verifying that power vision was working and the network information was correct, I answered never on the popup box that asks to try later after the failure and the phone never asked for provisioning again.

YMMV but this has worked for all the phones we have updated so far.
    Now this is interesting....

I certainly would have chosen 'Never' as well, but the pop up I got didn't give me the option of never trying again. All I ever had was an 'OK' button.

I was so curious about this that I just went and restored an earlier backup that was causing the provisionnig problem. The problem returned, just as it had been, and I verified that after provisioning failed I was not given the option of never trying again. The pop up had no mention of 'Never'. It simply said 'if this continues, you may have to contact Sprint' and there was only an OK button. Very odd.

Rotello
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    Now this is interesting....

I certainly would have chosen 'Never' as well, but the pop up I got didn't give me the option of never trying again. All I ever had was an 'OK' button.

I was so curious about this that I just went and restored an earlier backup that was causing the provisionnig problem. The problem returned, just as it had been, and I verified that after provisioning failed I was not given the option of never trying again. The pop up had no mention of 'Never'. It simply said 'if this continues, you may have to contact Sprint' and there was only an OK button. Very odd.

Rotello
    My popup announced that the reprovision attempt failed, then asked try later?, offering a green lettered button with a green checkmark [OK] and a red lettered button with a red X [NEVER]...go figure
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast