1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to send sms alerts (and other alerts) to a bluetooth headset? When I'm in a vehicle or noisy environment, it'd be nice to hear my alerts in my ear.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  2. qqq
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Anyone know how to send sms alerts (and other alerts) to a bluetooth headset? When I'm in a vehicle or noisy environment, it'd be nice to hear my alerts in my ear.

You can't. The treo bluetooth system is only capable of sending phone call audio to a bluetooth headset. This is particularly a problem for things like voice dialing applications.

I ended up buying a bluetooth dongle on ebay for like $20 which plugs into the headset jack. The phone thinks it's a wired headset, and so it gets all the alerts and everything, and your headset/car-kit/whatever pairs with the dongle instead of the treo. You don't need to use the treo's bluetooth at all.

The adapter I got is made by Jabra and is called the "A210" - it's really tiny, lasts a week on a charge (at least with my usage) and works fine.

You can find them on ebay.

The one drawback to this is that the treo's headphone jack is really crappy, so if you plug and unplug once a day on average, your phone will last about 8 months before you have to get the jack or phone replaced.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks very much for the info!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    As the softick forums said.. the "headset BT" SCO link is linked to the "cell phone part" only. The softick people can't get the BCM2035 (because of lack of documentation) to get more control of the SCO link to link to the "CPU" for analysis/record etc.