1.    #1  
    im having issues sending out emails using sprint on my treo. i can receive, but not send out. it displays error code 555 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed followed by recipient's email address. help.
    Your ISP knows that you're not using their connection to send email, so they think you're a spammer and not allowing you to send email. You might have to send it from Sprint instead.

You can try contacting them.

Tom
  3.    #3  
    send it from sprint? i have smpt.sprintpcs.com as outgoing server. is that what you mean?
    Vet is right. Your mail provider won't send mail through their SMTP server if you're not connected to their network, this is a common practice. Just set up your Treo to use Sprint's SMTP info and you should be set.

The server is smtp.sprintpcs.com, and the login info is your Power Vision username and password.
  5.    #5  
    everything seems to be correct and i've always been using the smpt.sprintpcs.com as outgoing server. still no luck.
    What are you entering in your mail user agent as the From: address? Some ISPs will not allow that to be as appearing from another network. I don't remember if Sprint checks for this.

Tom
  7.    #7  
    how do i check for that?
    What are you using for your outgoing server? You've said smpt.sprintpcs.com twice. Do you mean smtp.sprintpcs.com? Are you sure you're spelling it correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyshaiann View Post
    how do i check for that?
    It's whatever you set up when you set up (assumably) Versamail. Is it your Sprint email or something else?

Tom
  10.    #10  
    yeah sorry typo.
    outgoing server is...smtp.sprintpcs.com .
    protocol: POP
    mailservice: SprintPCS.
    incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    anything wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyshaiann View Post
    yeah sorry typo.
    outgoing server is...smtp.sprintpcs.com .
    protocol: POP
    mailservice: SprintPCS.
    incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    anything wrong?
    Are you setting to authenticate for outgoing mail, and do you have your Power Vision username and password?
  12.    #12  
    no im not setting it to authenticate and yes im using my vision user name and password.
    what email server are you guys using? why am i having a such a hard time?
    I think that's your problem. If it's not set to authenticate, then it's not using the username and password you enter. Try setting to authenticate and see what happens.