Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Is everyone's SD cover just too loose or just mine? Is there an easy convenient way to fix it?

Thanks! I just got my Treo yesterday so I can only imagine this will get worse. I'm tempted to just take it off but that's not a great solution.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    No one has any advice on this?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Mine seats & closes perfectly. what kind of advice were you looking for?
    a quick fix or replacement of the cover?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Mines fine too - had mine since launch in January and there's been no problem or change in the fit.

Possibly a casting defect??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It looks like it should fit just fine, it goes flush and everything, just doesn't stay right next to the body. Maybe I damaged it somehow? I've seen pictures of the door elsewhere and mine looks lik eit should be fine, there is just a small amount of play , 1/2 mil or something. I'm afraid it will get cought on something and get pulled off someday (going in and out of a pocket or something).
    Mine is snug. ~0 ml of play
    Try bending the little tabs that snaps into the treo a little bit outward with your finger.
    When I got my 680 in December the SD cover would bounce in and out 1-2mm, and did not seat properly. I even went to a Palm store and asked about it. It was quite comical. As I was presenting the problem, I noticed an eight foot high picture of a 680 on the wall behind the assistant, with the SD cover sticking out, but at that scale it was 1-2 inches!!

Anyway the end to the story is happy, because after a few weeks of use the SD cover just settled down all on its own, and now it has a solid, almost precision fit . You might want to try bending the tabs a bit to speed the settling-in process.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
    When I got my 680 in December the SD cover would bounce in and out 1-2mm, and did not seat properly. I even went to a Palm store and asked about it. It was quite comical. As I was presenting the problem, I noticed an eight foot high picture of a 680 on the wall behind the assistant, with the SD cover sticking out, but at that scale it was 1-2 inches!!

Anyway the end to the story is happy, because after a few weeks of use the SD cover just settled down all on its own, and now it has a solid, almost precision fit . You might want to try bending the tabs a bit to speed the settling-in process.
    Awesome story, I actually just tried bending the tabs (take the open door, pull it down then press against the sire of the Treo. Kind of like you are trying to puh it closed but a centimeter below where it should go).

Now it is seated perfectly Anyhow, thanks everyone for your advice and moral support!
    Hello.. I am new here..
    Right, SD Cover is too fragile to open and close frequently, so I can't suggest anything if it broken or loose...
    It's not as fragile as it seems. I open and close mine constantly and I've never had a problem. Get a large SD card and you shouldn't have to remove it very often...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's not as fragile as it seems. I open and close mine constantly and I've never had a problem. Get a large SD card and you shouldn't have to remove it very often...
    but it feel so thin.. I am afraid to broke it off..
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    After I bent it it is fine. And it is rubbery so it doesn't feel fragile to me, I'm sure I've done it no harm. Now it stays tightly shut. They should include these instructions in the box, it actually gave me a negative view of their quality but now knowing how to correct it it is a completely understandable thing.

Of course, I don't look to Palm for customer support anyway. Forums are so much better
    Quote Originally Posted by liemjerry View Post
    but it feel so thin.. I am afraid to broke it off..
    Then be gentle...