Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those of you who have 8GB cards and have done a successful MR update, does your card now show as 8GB or do you still have to see it as 4GB?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I still see 4G's
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    I still see 4G's

I show on phone info 2.3G of 3.5G

I believe on my laptop it shows as a 8 gb card.
  4.    #4  
    Is this an OS limitation then?

Why is 4GB the limit that the card reader will allow it to show yet it will support cards with higher capacity than that?

Again is it due to the OS?
    There is no spoon.
    My 8GB SDHC shows up as 4GB direct in PalmOS but when using Card Export, it shows as 8GB on the app screen as well as when mounted in Windows.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Can you access all 8GB of data on it from the palm?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    You can access all 8GB. For some reason the Palm OS sees it as 2 4Gb halves. when I had less than 4Gb it would show 3.5 of 4Gb used then when I crossed over to 6Gb it would show 2 of 4Gb used.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
  8.    #8  
    Is it an OS limitation?
    There is no spoon.
    It would appear to be. I believe the 680 has the same problem
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    And what's the largest capacity the SDHC should have the capability to handle?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I haven't filled over 4GB yet but did notice that even in Palm's Quick Install it shows as 8GB for the SD card.

Bummer now is that my laptop SD card reader doesn't appear to support SDHC. Are there XP drivers for SDHC or is it a card hardware problem? I'm using Card Export to transfer stuff but it's slow and also times out if doing transfers several GB.
    SDHC will eventually support 16GB and 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    You can access all 8GB. For some reason the Palm OS sees it as 2 4Gb halves. when I had less than 4Gb it would show 3.5 of 4Gb used then when I crossed over to 6Gb it would show 2 of 4Gb used.
    Yes. This is because the PalmOS stores the size of the card as a 32 bit integer. The largest value that a 32 bit integer can store is 4294967295 (4GB - 1byte, or (2^32) - 1). 6GB is 6442450944, which would wrap around to 2147483648, which is 2GB.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I haven't filled over 4GB yet but did notice that even in Palm's Quick Install it shows as 8GB for the SD card.

Bummer now is that my laptop SD card reader doesn't appear to support SDHC. Are there XP drivers for SDHC or is it a card hardware problem? I'm using Card Export to transfer stuff but it's slow and also times out if doing transfers several GB.
    yes there is a driver out there, I cant remember where I found it but if you do a search on the TC board for "hotfix" Ill bet itll show up for you.

I just cant remember where I found it or what the thread was called otherwise Id point you in that direction.
    There is no spoon.
    Thanks! I found the hotfix here.

http://thehotfixshare.net/download/i...v4-x86-ENU.exe

But it didn't work. Also tried card reader on Vista and it wouldn't mount SDHC. So methinks the card reader doesn't support SDHC.

Am trying 'Card Reader' for Palm instead of Card Export II.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 06/09/2007 at 10:11 AM.
  16.    #16  
    ah well maybe it worked for me because Ive got a built in card reader in my laptop.

Im not sure about the external card readers.
    There is no spoon.
  17. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    You need a new card reader if your existing one doesn't support SD 2.0.

Here's one from Newegg that works :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820223078
    BTW, I have officially put more than 5GB on my 8GB SDHC card, so the 700p with update appears to use all 8GB.

BTW#2, I'm using an A-Data 8GB, which can be found here for under $70.
    http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp....mc_id=EWBBASE

I'm ready for 16GB now.
    Once they come out with a 100GB card to store my entire music collection, then I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    BTW, I have officially put more than 5GB on my 8GB SDHC card, so the 700p with update appears to use all 8GB.

BTW#2, I'm using an A-Data 8GB, which can be found here for under $70.
    http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp....mc_id=EWBBASE

I'm ready for 16GB now.
    Does it stay mounted without having to eject and reinsert regularly? Did you have that problem with regular SD cards before the MR? I sure did, and cannot seem to get good feedback on whether everyone's high capacity SDHC cards are working reliably after the MR.

-- Mike (700p)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast