Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I've had many more spontaneous resets since my MR update, and now I'm back to trying to figure out what program is the cause of the problem.

I reinstalled TraceCrash 1.1 this morning and looking at my last 10 crashes, they've all been the result of "BGNetTaskImpl.c, Line:527,BGTask q is full" although sometimes it was in the Phone app (7 times) and the other times, it was in Nexter (SMS app), On Demand, and the Launcher.

I just shut off the Auto-Sync of Versamail and I haven't had a spontaneous reset for the past 1.5 hours.

Anyone else getting the same recurrent crash message? Anyone determine some other possible culprits?
    i, like many people are having the same problem. it's weird because alot of people are saying if u delete a certain program it's fine for a few hours then the problem comes back. it seems llike a virus. no one seems to know how to fix it or find what causes it. the only way that i know how to "fix" it is a hard reset.
    I just got this same error a while ago. ##377# reported it was in the Web program. I was getting resets frequently right after the mr until I did a hard reset and restored applications one by one. After that this is the first I've had in a few days.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I uninstalled Softick Audio Gateway (1.12 but 1.09 also causes the problem), and that fixed it for me. I had to go back to using SAG 1.08.899 to have a workable version of SAG along with a working Versamail and no more of these reboots. I haven't had any spontaneous rebooting since and I didn't need to hard reset to get it back stable. I do miss all the nice new options in SAG 1.12, but stability (and no backlog of text messages) is more important to me.
    Where can I get a copy of SAG 1.08? I've searched Softick's site and ggogled with no luck...any help is apprecited as I have also has a slew of BGtask full..resets.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Get 1.08.899 here
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I uninstalled Softick Audio Gateway (1.12 but 1.09 also causes the problem), and that fixed it for me. I had to go back to using SAG 1.08.899 to have a workable version of SAG along with a working Versamail and no more of these reboots. I haven't had any spontaneous rebooting since and I didn't need to hard reset to get it back stable. I do miss all the nice new options in SAG 1.12, but stability (and no backlog of text messages) is more important to me.
    it's not SAG, my resets happened after a hard reset without 3rd party apps installed. i tell u it seems so much like a virus. it replicates itself and attaches to other programs.That's why if u use TraceCrash it shows different apps causing the problem. That's also why if u get rid of a program it temporarily is fine until a couple hours later when a nother app causes the problem.

tc600 let us know if u get anymore resets with that specific error number. thx
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I can only attest to my own experience and the only time I had "BGTask q is full" errors was when I had SAG 1.09 or higher installed. I installed the MR on June 4, then put on SAG 1.12 and started getting resets into the next morning until I turned off Autosync on Versamail.

Later that day (June 5) in the Softick forums, someone else suggested that it was SAG causing the issue, so I uninstalled SAG 1.12 and was able to Autosync in Versamail once again without this specific type of reset. I installed SAG 1.08.899 and continued to be reset-free.

On June 9, I thought I'd try some of the intermediate SAG releases, so I installed SAG 1.09 and immediately started getting the "BGTask q is full" errors once again. I uninstalled SAG 1.09 and went back to SAG 1.12, and once again I have been reset-free since June 9.
    I agree with tc600. I started another thread about the same issue not finding this one at the time. My TREO 700p was reset free until I put SAG 1.12 on it. In fact, the phone started the resets after I installed it despite the fact that I never used it becasue my wireless headphones were not delivered on time. It was the same BGTask q is full message. Funny thing on my phone was that the reset always occured exactly 15 minutes after the hour when it did reset. How do we clear this "q"? I took off SAG and haven't had areset since in 2 days, before I would get 5-8 a day. I can't stand resets so I had find an answer. Still love SAG. I put in my memory card and install it when I want to use it. Adds 1 minute to my bluetooth routine. When I'm done I will delete it from the internal memory until next time. I narrowed it down to SAG when I noticed it was the only application outside of ones I knew were good that we had in common. Sent e-mail to softick with detail. Will post their response.

Where do we get this 1.08 version?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    Where do we get this 1.08 version?
    LOL ... how about post #6 in this very thread!
    I keep trying and trying but it doesn't work, just like 1.12!!!!!!

I did a google search (SAG 1.08) and a thread from some forum came up as one of the first results. A few post down was a link to version 1.08. Loaded it, it seems to be working. Made it past the notorious 15 minutes after the hour mark 2 times now. Hopefully I can stay reset free. Don't need any of the options on 1.12 anyway. Too much fancy crap, just work is all I ask.
    Follow up. Went days without a reset on SAG 1.08. Reinstalled 1.12 this morning because 1.08 doesn't really work with the phone function of my 700p. Just got my first reset of the day at 15 after the hour despite not even using the program. My guess is that there is something in 1.12 that controls the phone function that is causing the problem. I am going back to 1.08 and I'm through with changing to the new version. Don't really care to use the phone part of the headset anyway.
    i just started getting this same error message on resets - i checked for SAG, Software Audio and AudioGateway but i don't see any of these files on my 700p -- was it ever confirmed that this was causing the resets? any ideas?

thanks
    still getting resets with the BGTask q is full message - anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by eddieras; 10/02/2008 at 12:56 PM.